Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page YYYS Show your bones opinions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.01.2006, 05:07 PM   #1
al shabbray

Hi there...
I dunno what to think about the new YYYs album, there are 3 categories of songs on it.
1. the ones I really love from the first time, like phenomena, the one after phenomena, cheated hearts (its a live-classic already)
2. the ones I really like, but need more time I think, like gold lion, warrior
and 3. the ones I do not like already as a YYYs song, and thats fancy...this song absolutely is nothing what the YYYs are stand for, it sounds a little bit like desert/stonerrock with an female voice, midtempo without surprises. by far the worst song on the album and the worst song by the YYYs, I think

what are your opinions?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.01.2006, 05:10 PM   #2
samuel
the end of the ugly

samuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's asses
I like it more than their first EP and "Fever To Tell."
It's very good.

"Warrior" is probably my favorite song.

I definitely disagree with your opinion on "Fancy"
and what exactly do the Yeah Yeah Yeahs stand for?

The beginning of Honeybear turns me off,
but the song in general is good.
samuel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.01.2006, 05:11 PM   #3
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Their best release yet.
Old 04.01.2006, 05:18 PM   #4
Mudride
little trouble girl

Mudride has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
hype
Mudride is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.01.2006, 05:44 PM   #5
al shabbray

I think they (fever to tell and everything before) stands for energetic, over the top (even when they are calm) pop-bombs...and fancy I dunno it is the least I expected from the YYYs in a bad way not in a good way. I really like show your bones, but if it was their first album I wouldnt love them as much as I do it right now...I m glad that it is their second.
I miss this absolutely over the top feeling of the first record, like date with the night, where the only solution of topping the energy flow in theverses was a noise part...I loved that fresh Noise/pop mixing thing, that doesent mean that I want a second fever to tell!
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.01.2006, 08:20 PM   #6
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
utter shit. if you like this record you're a phoney.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.01.2006, 08:26 PM   #7
supersonicsix
little trouble girl

supersonicsix is a glorious beacon of lightsupersonicsix is a glorious beacon of lightsupersonicsix is a glorious beacon of lightsupersonicsix is a glorious beacon of lightsupersonicsix is a glorious beacon of lightsupersonicsix is a glorious beacon of light
i hope to get it soon, from what i've heard from it it doesn't sound too bad, i really like cheated hearts
supersonicsix is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.01.2006, 08:57 PM   #8
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels

o holden
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.01.2006, 09:00 PM   #9
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
the only song i heard so far is the one they played on david letterman and now they sound like a straight up pretenders rip off, before the guitar player did the erase errata/dna guitar dealy but now they have a second guitarist and the original one took guitar lessons or something.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2006, 04:15 AM   #10
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
not heard it but if gold lion is any indication of what it sounds like... oh dear...
whorefrost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2006, 05:02 AM   #11
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
The song they played on Letterman I actually preferred to the other things i've heard but it was still awful...to be fair, (to seem fair) i've never given them much of a chance (& I'll never hear a whole album by them God willing) but the reason why I haven't is that everything i've heard by them sucks. the music sucks, the singer sucks & i don't understand how these people have a recording contract & distribution at all. Apparently contrived crap like this is this what passes for music these days & gets the attention of booking agents over at the Ed Sullivan Theater. Are they better than Beth Orton? Yeah, possibly, but only because that shit is utter tripe. There's little relation in their respective sounds, but there's a whole lot of relation between the two when it comes to media hype. It's crazy but it's just because there are certain aspects about YYYs that make them not completely a cookie-cutter band & as a result, they get press that they are something special & truly different that you have to hear. They're not special, so special. I've got brass in pocket that says they are your typical townie band braying bullshit. Did I mention that they suck? They suck. Hard. Fuck "fair". I really, really dislike this band. There's nothing worse than poseurs polluting art rock with their pedantic antics. Bands this bad even make The Strokes & The Arctic Monkeys look somewhat more credible. At least with somebody like Ashley Simpson or Avril Lavigne you know what you're getting. Teenagers might think it's (neo) new wave punk, but adult music lovers should know that it's just a very poorly executed heaping helping of hackneyed hacked-together hack-rock. Sound harsh? They deserve even harsher criticism.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2006, 09:01 AM   #12
al shabbray

hmmm...dunno I dont think that artic monkeys or strokes are "more" credible...
I saw the YYYs live for about 3 times, and They felt really real, like their special kind of melodies and love nicks guitar playing.
for me its kind of noise-pop in perfection (a little more pop than noise)
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2006, 09:58 AM   #13
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I think there are worse bands than the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. I don't like them but there are many more bands deserving of having a hateful diatribe directed towards them. Like the aforementioned Artic Monkeys.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2006, 10:54 AM   #14
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
I like them...haven't got the new record, not sure if I will soon...Gold Lion isn't very good...
Old 04.02.2006, 01:50 PM   #15
aaronalive
little trouble girl

aaronalive cold hard suckaaaronalive cold hard suckaaaronalive cold hard suckaaaronalive cold hard suckaaaronalive cold hard suckaaaronalive cold hard suckaaaronalive cold hard suckaaaronalive cold hard suckaaaronalive cold hard suckaaaronalive cold hard suckaaaronalive cold hard sucka
Quote:

what an odd thing to think...
Old 04.02.2006, 02:20 PM   #16
AllHandsOnTheBigOne
children of satan

AllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's asses
It's absolutely vomitive. And I actually liked the first EP and Fever To Tell. But any cool, artsy edge that they once had is gone. The new record sounds like they're trying to turn into the Strokes or something. Maybe that's giving it too much credit.
Old 04.02.2006, 03:15 PM   #17
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
loved fever to tell but i heared the last album = shit
Old 04.02.2006, 05:33 PM   #18
al shabbray

even their b-sides on every single were absolutely great...and better then fancy on the new album!
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2006, 05:36 PM   #19
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Shit! How'd you know?

Stereotyping bastard.
Old 04.02.2006, 07:07 PM   #20
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
maybe he heard it
whorefrost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth