Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page NFL shenanigans
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.04.2010, 12:08 PM   #81
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Yes! My beloved Texans, playing without best WR in NFL andre johnson, withoput Brian Cushing (last year's def rookie of year) and without our starting left offensive tackle, took it to the Raider Nation.

That game was sad because the stands were at LEAST half empty.
officially, only 30 thou showed up to the Raider game in Oakland. wow.

The Texans are now in 1st place, all alone, atop the AFC South. Thanks to Jacksonville and their kicker kitting a 59 yrd field goal at the end of the game!!!!!
Old 10.04.2010, 04:43 PM   #82
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
The problem with Foster was that he was late to a meeting and completely missed another meeting last week. Coach made an example. Foster was contrite and very forthcomiong though. took all the blame, said it will never happen again. Jacoby Jones told him coach don't fuck around.
Old 10.17.2010, 07:30 PM   #83
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
Serious laughing out loud at the end of the Dallas/Minny game. The band is
NOT out on the field, Cowtoys.
Old 10.17.2010, 08:33 PM   #84
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i missed all games

i think i've given up on the confusion
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.17.2010, 08:41 PM   #85
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
It is admittedly a bit to keep up with.
Old 10.17.2010, 09:11 PM   #86
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennthebenn
It is admittedly a bit to keep up with.

and having espn 3 opened the door to soccer, which fills up the very little portion of my life i devoted to spectator sports.

it's been fun though, and thanks to all for the advice, pointers, enlightening comments, and all-around entertaining conversation, plus phrases like purple people eaters-- it's like if the cookie monster had gone cannibal.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2010, 03:17 PM   #87
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Wait til playoffs!!!! Texans!!
Old 12.10.2010, 01:35 AM   #88
cars_willkillyou
stalker

cars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's asses
It seems like the original question has been more than sufficiently answered, and the thread has now turned into a generic football discussion. Which is why I'm here. A quick note though:
In the NFL, the clock stops to "reset the chains" after a first down. In college, it does not. Also, (and if you've watched the Florida Gators "play" this season, you would have seen this), a quarterback can snap and spike the ball down to stop the clock, which is used usually if there are no time outs remaining, and mostly because the offense has no idea what they are doing. Or in the case of the 2010 Gators, which quarterback is supposed to be in.

Watching the game in person will definitely help anyone understand the game better, but in order to understand coaching strategy and "philosophy" (i use the term loosely), pick up a used copy of a Madden or NCAA Football game for like 5 bucks from gamestop.

Personally, I like college football more. There's more heart in the game, the rivalries are more intense, the players are still trying to prove themselves, not just getting paid. Plus, (and this is for SONIC GAIL) the bands are THE BEST PART of the game! My team is the Florida Gators, and always will be, with the Notre Dame Fighting Irish as a second favorite. For the NFL, the Miami Dolphins have always been my team, since birth. There are certain teams I like because of certain players, for instance, Percy Harvin, one of my favorite Gator Alumni, is on the Vikings, and I also like Adrian Peterson. I stopped liking Favre when he played for the Jets, but I still like the team as whole. I like the Colts, because I have a lot of respect for Peyton. I like the Giants for 2 reasons: 1) they stopped the Pats in the Super Bowl from becoming the second team in NFL history to have an undefeated season, and 2) my friend from high school, Bruce Johnson, plays for them. I dont necessarily follow those teams, or even consider myself a true fan, but if they are playing, 90% of the time I'll pull for them. The only teams I get fired up about though, are The Gators, The Irish, and The Dolphins. Sadly, none of those teams have done well this season.

But I digress. The reason I say pick up a copy of an football game a few years old is because other than slight graphic and control updates, the game is pretty much the same (and of course roster/stat changes). Personally, I'm not a huge sports fan, especially on video games, therefore i cannot justify spending 60 bucks on a game that will either bore me or piss me off. Secondly, when you play the game, you can play different modes. "Legacy" mode for example, in NCAA, allows you to play as one player. Say you want to learn how to run the ball better. You play as a running back, and learn how to spot the blocks and the gaps, thus producing bigger running plays. Or you play as a corner back and learn how to be a better pass rusher. etc. The most common game mode is where you playing as the coach and the team. You call the plays and you play the plays. You can call your own plays, or you can "Ask Madden/Corso" (Madden and NCAA respectively) to pick a play for you. After awhile, you will start to see WHY they are picking a run or pass, or WHY they are telling you to Cover 2 Man in a 4-3 defensive formation on 3rd and 4. Once you understand why they are telling you to do these plays, you can understand that they sometimes dont know what the hell they are talking about, and can decide for yourself whats best. Once you reach that point, I'd say that you understand the the game of football.

cars_willkillyou is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2010, 12:00 PM   #89
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
searched online and was unable to find an excerpt from when Don Meredith made an appearance on, King Of The Hill. Below you can read what was said: RIP Dandy Don

HANK: Mr. Meredith, I have admired you from your playing days to Monday Night Football to your iced tea commercials.
DON MEREDITH: Well, my mom always calls me "Don" or "Donny."
HANK: Wow! That's a great story, Mr. Meredith.

DON MEREDITH: Damned if I didn't want to come through for you, Hank. I'm sorry I let you down. But you'll be a lot happier if you let this one go.
HANK: I'll never have a chance like this again.
DON MEREDITH: No, you won't. You know, there's something I wanted as much as you wanted that million dollars.
HANK: Don, you have everything! You were a Cowboy. During the Landry years.
DON MEREDITH: I wanted to go to the Super Bowl. Came close, but it never happened. It never will. And that's okay. I've never looked back.
HANK: It is an honor just to be on the field with you, Dandy Don.

that's what hank gets for not throwing it himself.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2010, 12:02 PM   #90
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
anyways.....bear down bitches.

fuck patriots.

we need this game. and hopefully it will be a good game.
Old 12.12.2010, 12:05 PM   #91
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

hokly shit.....Minnesota's metrodome is full of snow! The roof caved in.
Old 12.13.2010, 09:52 PM   #92
cars_willkillyou
stalker

cars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
hokly shit.....Minnesota's metrodome is full of snow! The roof caved in.
Not only the perfect metaphor for their season, but also the most memorable part

cars_willkillyou is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.13.2010, 11:14 PM   #93
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by cars_willkillyou
Not only the perfect metaphor for their season, but also the most memorable part
Quote:
Originally Posted by suchfriendsaredangerous
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
But then it could be said that a person who lives in Minnesota who supports the Chicago Bears exhibits similar qualities and I doubt whether many people would argue that Bears fans are inherently more intelligent than Vikings ones.

this may take an 8th Ecumenical Council, perhaps they can hold it somewhere neutral to the issue like Greenbay

I do believe this was overlooked in its previous incarnation, so I thought it appropriate here..

also to add to the Canon debate, why didn't Baltimore take that kick last Sunday? Wind or not, they surely wasted their only hope!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.14.2010, 01:18 AM   #94
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
baltimore coach really blew that game. could he not see his defense huffing and puffing out there? unable to stop schaub from running out of bounds?

they had about 4 plays in a row which were first downs and out-of-bounds. stopping the clock. call a fucking timeout. help your D out. break the opposition's rhythm. do fucking something. limp-dick ending for baltimore right now.

was so obvious that houston was gonna win.

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2010, 03:53 PM   #95
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

Except they didn't. Matt Schaub for the not-win.
Old 12.17.2010, 08:57 PM   #96
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
The Redskins are a disgrace, fml.

wow

Gave up caring a month ago.
Old 12.18.2010, 12:20 AM   #97
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

So did they.
Old 12.29.2010, 05:19 PM   #98
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
did y'all see that surprising upset the Vikings pulled off? Third-string, rookie quarterback (well he holds college QB yard record but still, only his 12th starting game as an NFL pro) and second-string entire defensive line, and shuffling the deck actually worked and the Vikes DOMINATED the beloved Eagles. Vick had a season high of 6 sacks, clearly Minnesota had them on the run!

I couldn't believe it, but it was so much fun to watch! Webb and Peterson are definitely the future of the Vikings and Farve can feel comfortable retiring with some good NFL records which will probably never be topped and of course a ring to boot!

and if the rumors start to pan out and somehow the Viking loyalty in Minnesota is overlooked, Webb and Peterson just might make LA football interesting again in the immediate few years

Old 12.29.2010, 05:59 PM   #99
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

It was bittersweet...WHERE WAS THAT THE REST OF THE SEASON? Ah well.
Old 12.29.2010, 06:32 PM   #100
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennthebenn
It was bittersweet...WHERE WAS THAT THE REST OF THE SEASON? Ah well.

They were relying on the wrong-string, though that shouldn't discredit Bret, even in losing games he was threading passes like magic and playing with injuries like the Terminator.. it honestly looks like the second-string defense made all the difference though, because offensively Eagles were matching yardage, completions, and possessions but the Viking defense seemed unstoppable to match perfectly its strong new offense. I hope they keep Webb and Peterson working together as starters next season, but the second-string defense clearly shows that the Vikings need to reevaluate its defensive-line starters for the next one..

now the Eagles just might find themselves in the same situation last year, a damn fine season with a horrible ending for them.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth