Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page worst period of music?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: worst period of music?
50's 9 16.67%
60's 2 3.70%
70's 5 9.26%
80's 10 18.52%
90's 8 14.81%
naughties? 20 37.04%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11.15.2006, 04:52 AM   #61
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Terrible for fashion, though, and I think people get confused between badly dressed musicians and bad music.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.15.2006, 04:57 AM   #62
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
The positive side of the bad fashion was that it was atleast bold.

Although, the flanno and jeans attire was well under way by then, it just amplified early to mid 90s. Not bad fashion there.
Old 11.15.2006, 05:00 AM   #63
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
The current decade, it seems to me, has been a blatant rehashing of the '80s and a continuation of the '90s, with very little innovation at all, so it gets my vote as "the crappest decade of the last fifty-six years".

Ohhhhh yes . im in full agreement on this one .
its horrible , and im sobbing each time im reminded of this . when will it end ??? and now that this horrible pattern has commenced, whats next ?? do we copy the 80s-90s copy ?? its nothing new for a culture to drag some bits and pieces of cultures past , but there has just been a completely blatant recycling as you said ... that the cycle of dragging out past cultures has become so tight (the 80s + 90s JUST FUCKING HAPPENED !!!) i fear whats next...
alteredcourse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.15.2006, 05:04 AM   #64
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
I can tell you what's next, because it's already happening, and it's horrible - the reformation of '80s and '90s bands, rehashing their own histories. Often with a different lead singer to the one from the "glory days", e.g. Culture Club, INXS (although they do at least have a decent reason for the change of singer).
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.15.2006, 05:31 PM   #65
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
I can tell you what's next, because it's already happening, and it's horrible - the reformation of '80s and '90s bands, rehashing their own histories. Often with a different lead singer to the one from the "glory days", e.g. Culture Club, INXS (although they do at least have a decent reason for the change of singer).

Once your singer or main songwriter leaves, just call it a day. And if you feel the need to go on with the same outfit with just an added member to replace, have a name change too. There are exceptions of course, but very little. INXS now appaul me and I refuse to listen to anything they have did since Hutchence - they're ruining their name.

Oh, well.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth