Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Immigration Reform: what should the Gov't do?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.31.2006, 12:11 AM   #21
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

sellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard sucka
I have to admit that i am a white suburbaner.
sellouteater is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2006, 01:04 AM   #22
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sellouteater
I have to admit that i am a white suburbaner.
So am I.
Old 03.31.2006, 04:16 AM   #23
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonikJesus
I feel very strongly about this issue since my parents used to be illegal immigrants and I know how tough it is. It really pisses me off when people start talking about it when they know nothing of how it feels. These are people that have had everything handed to them their whole life and don't know even how tough it is to be an illegal immigrant.

To the people that say that immigrants come to America and jump right on the band wagon and start receiving benefits, it's not like they are coming over here and living a fucking kick-ass life. They are working in menial jobs and trying to make money. It's not like they have the money to pay taxes. Just because you have money it doesn't mean that they do. Everything is about money. Just because you are rich it doesn't mean everybody else is.
In addition to this, immigrants contribute about $90 billion to the economy each year. That's a fucking big margin.

Oh yeah, I don't know why people get mad when they say immigrants are taking "American" jobs. What makes them think that they are so much better than another human being that they deserve a job more than an immigrant. Just because on a peice of paper it say you're American, you should get the job. I just don't see why they deserve the job more. Everybody needs jobs.

I concur with a lot of this; I have a few close friends who arrived in Britain from various war-torn areas - where I live there are a lot of (legal and illegal) Bosnian immigrants, and while I was in London (up until a few months ago) I met a lot of different immigrants from around the world. One of my closest friends came from Afghanistan, via most of Eastern Europe. She speaks 7 languages, is more articulate than most English people born here and still considers English her third language. She would get a lot of stick for two reasons - because she was an immigrant (illegally, but she didn't tell everyone that) and because she was Afghani. She would often rip people's heads of for going on about immigrants living off the state because there's always this assumption that they're lazy, stupid and freeloading. None of this was the case, her whole family worked in menial jobs - two cousins of hers were cleaning toilets while in Afghanistan they were trained, practising doctors. They all spoke at least three languages. Most of them had degrees in medical or scientific subject. I think Britain and America are both mongrel nations in so far as there is no real ethnicity or one place that the nations come from.

However, the issue it seems is more one of litigation than it is of compassion. I personally think that we should make the process of immigration a lot easier for other countries, and also work harder on getting regimes in the more unpleasant parts of the world to make it easier for people to leave their homelands if the place is falling apart. I think the 'illegal immigrants' are a symptom of their country's fucked up economy and political system most of the time rather than being 'freeloaders'. But this is the political side of things that so often gets brushed over. British and American foreign policy is largely responsible for the 'illegal' immigrants - you can't get rid of 'them' that easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2006, 05:11 AM   #24
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
So am I.

So am I. But not American.
Do I count?

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2006, 05:21 AM   #25
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
its amazing just how rabid the tabloid press in britain is about this subject. its also amazing that much of the population are just accepting what is said about immigration without any knowledge of the facts. i guess that just proves what a bunch of dorrito chugging, mindless, sit infront of the tv, spoon fed idiots some people really are.

recall once spotting a headline from the daily mail (right wing shitstorm newspaper in the uk) who's banner headline was 'immigrants are to blame for everything'
jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2006, 05:25 AM   #26
SugarLips
little trouble girl

SugarLips ain't too shabby
sarcasim: fuck american's getting jobs

spend tax dollars on war housing and feeding the US prisons

kill someone or commit numberous crimes in the US
we'll put you up at our local prison hotels provide food, internet, sex, drugs
you can run your ebay business from inside the jail

what does it have to do with illegals in our country
think about it

SugarLips is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2006, 06:20 AM   #27
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
its amazing just how rabid the tabloid press in britain is about this subject. its also amazing that much of the population are just accepting what is said about immigration without any knowledge of the facts. i guess that just proves what a bunch of dorrito chugging, mindless, sit infront of the tv, spoon fed idiots some people really are.

recall once spotting a headline from the daily mail (right wing shitstorm newspaper in the uk) who's banner headline was 'immigrants are to blame for everything'

I read the Daily Mail the other day. I am now concerned that everyone I meet is either gay, a paedophile, an illegal immigrant or secretly a black teenager, and all of them are out to kill me and steal my money. The worst are the gay paedophile teenager immigrants with ASBOs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2006, 06:28 AM   #28
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
you should read tv go home's daily mail island. 30 people left on a deserted island with no other form of media than the daily mail. its great reading.

day 30: following lee and anna's out of wedlock intercourse it is their turn to be tied to the beating posts.

also check out heat dungeon. pretty much the same concept but with people being locked in a windowless room 300 metres below the ground with nothing more than heat magazine to read.

day 3: trevor and elaine sit in their own faeces as they stare at pictures of robbie williams drinking tango at a charity football match.

i find it funnt anyway.
jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.01.2006, 12:33 PM   #29
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
where did i say i condone trolling?

you wish i was kkkchris; i repeat...nah, you know what, you need reading lessons, go back and read my last post. stop assuming things and stop being paranoid, don't think that because a person has a different opinion than you or because you can't make up your mind and someone points that out, doesn't make them trolls.

you really don't remember kkkchris, right?
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.01.2006, 06:59 PM   #30
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
where did i say i condone trolling?

you wish i was kkkchris; i repeat...nah, you know what, you need reading lessons, go back and read my last post. stop assuming things and stop being paranoid, don't think that because a person has a different opinion than you or because you can't make up your mind and someone points that out, doesn't make them trolls.

you really don't remember kkkchris, right?

Everyneurotic, I'm sorry if I humiliated and made you look stupid in the past. Please accept my apology for this and move forward and get over it. I feel bad knowing you lose sleep over me and get irrate everytime you see my name on the board.

I won't pick on you or humiliate you anymore, even if it's too easy to do.

I hope you get over it
khchris(original) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.01.2006, 07:13 PM   #31
Angel Dust
little trouble girl

Angel Dust has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I believe there should be open borders and full amnesty for any illegal immigrants in the U.S.A.

However, I think a few concerns need to be addressed, in order to accommodate the U.S. for modern assimilation of immigrants.

For one, any form of immigration has its effects as urban sprawl and overpopulation. Incentives should be made for newly arrived, illegal immigrants to settle in the midwest, where the effects of urban sprawl would be less felt than the cities. I wouldn't say there is a shortage of land in the U.S., I just think the cities (Los Angeles, etc.) are having high density issues (traffic, pollution, etc.), which is getting compounded more and more over time.

Overpopulation by all citizens (immigrant and non-immigrant) is also a correlating factor in any talks of immigration. I think it is crucial that the U.S. establish a firm rule for the amount a of children a family could have, I feel that no more than 2 children would be appropriate for all families in the U.S. There is just too many problems surrounding the cities of this country, associated with overpopulation and urban sprawl.... so please less children for everyone.

Given the fact that Central and South America are close neighbors, NAFTA and other government agencies need to do their part in establishing nourishing relationships with the Americas, so that those countries aren't such shitty places to live in the first place. We could stimulate the economy and job market in these countries by moving our Manufacturing plants away from China to countries that are not only logistically closer, but could use the economic boost much more.

Anyways, those are my opinions on the crisis, which definitely needs to be dealt with. One thing is certain though, walls on the borders and minutemen patrolling are not only hypocritical and demeaning in my opinion, but they also do not accomplish shit.
Old 04.01.2006, 07:49 PM   #32
Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski
children of satan

Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard sucka
khchris feels superior over everyone because he's a city dwelling Asian...

LOL!
Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.01.2006, 09:50 PM   #33
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
yet another problem that was created over time to divide & conquer with...use your heads

what we have here is cheap labor milked for all it's worth & then when the public starts to outcry over too much illegal immigration, politicians get to use it as a campaign issue...now that outsourcing is commonplace & America has become a service economy, the orders from the top (from the billionaires, the multi-nationals) are to make illegal immigration a hot button issue
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2006, 12:46 AM   #34
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
please, i plead with everyone not to make me explain again that this board is essentially private property, but khchris' troll should be banned immediately. I know chabib has already stated how he feels about deleting posts, but the precedent needs to be made. I advocated the same policy on the old board in the case of impostor posters. (Imp-Posters)

on the subject of "divide & conquer" (see post above)
i'd like to elucidate further.
The coming abortion as a state's rights issue will cause a further rift in this country. (as planned)
I heard on the SNL news that some freak that pretends he's a vampire in Michigan is running for office. What a numbskull that asshole must be; his repugnant agenda plays right into the hand of the government's divide & conquer stratagem. I also heard that Pat Robertson once remarked that people that believe in UFOs should be stoned. Well, I would never in a million years support anything that ridiculously evil, but I will address their stupidity verbally.
I'll begin with Area 51 in Roswell, New Mexico. In the beginning it was probably unintentional, but what happened went down like this. Experimental aircraft containing chimpanzees crashed in the desert. Citizens discovered the wreckage. The government understandably had an anti-spy protocol & policy of secrecy about the program & denied knowledge of the crash. People mistook the simian carcasses for "alien" corpses & the subsequent silence from the government as a conspiracy. The government (doing what they do) seized this as a new opportunity to divide & conquer. Realizing that they could increase the number of people who believed in "space seed" or whatever by deliberately staging future sightings, they then launched a campaign of disinformation.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2006, 02:11 AM   #35
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Let em in! Too many boring white people in this country.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth