Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page I'm trying to help a band book a show
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.06.2007, 10:40 PM   #1
timtimtim
children of satan

timtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud of
In illinois michigan or indiana on june 28 or july 1.
They're Gertie Fox(myspace.com.gertiefox) from california and they're one of my favorite bands.
any suggestions or help.
I've booked a small tour for my previous band as as usual it's hard to get places to even reply
timtimtim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.06.2007, 10:45 PM   #2
Bollocks_to_Pop
children of satan

Bollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's asses
I don't know anything about booking gigs myself but if anybody would be kind enough to give me some wisdom on how this is done would be cool. The band I'm in is relatively new and we'd like to start booking some gigs but do not know what you have to do to do this.
Bollocks_to_Pop is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.06.2007, 11:05 PM   #3
timtimtim
children of satan

timtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud of
does your band have a myspace?
For my first serious band, we rented a basment and threw a show for our first show and then asked a local venue for a show.
I would suggest talking to other local bands and venues but I guess it also depends on what kind of area you live in.
timtimtim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.06.2007, 11:28 PM   #4
Bollocks_to_Pop
children of satan

Bollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's asses
My band doesn't have a myspace yet, because we have to record some of our songs first, which we'll be doing soon. We're in the Portland area.
Bollocks_to_Pop is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth