Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Cardiff show: Nawadaha / S>A>A>B / The Spines. 3rd Sept. 8pm Buffalo Bar.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.15.2007, 12:51 PM   #1
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
OK, I think there are pretty much only 2 other Cardiff board members but here goes anyway:

Nawadaha

Long overdue first Cardiff show for the sibling outsider-folk duo of Frank and Jasmin Janiurek. Previous communications under their former incarnation of Red Kites were sparse but they did put out a rather splendid cdr on Jackie O Motherfucker's U-Sound label and are due to support Finnish free-folkers and Fonal recording artists Kemialiset Ystavat in the not too distant future.

"..sound spookily like a late night Velvet Underground rehearsal session at The Factory" - Edwin Pouncey, The Wire.

S>A>A>B

Rare sighting of this Cardiff based improv collective. Previous live outings have included an appearance at Experimentica 2006 at Chapter Arts Centre and a slot supporting Carla Bozulich at The Cube in Bristol. Expect brooding, glacial soundscapes in the vein of Early Tangerine Dream, minus the new age, hippy associations carried by the venerable Kraut legends.

The Spines

A spoonful of spiny blues served up by this one man guitar/synth mystery unit last seen on the same bill as the now defunct Coughs in Clwb Ifor Bach last November. Imagine Roy Montgomery if he was under the tutelage of Morton Subotnick.

All happening on Monday 3rd Sept at Buffalo Bar in Cardiff. Come along and check it out if anyone happens to be in the vicinity.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2007, 02:09 PM   #2
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Unlikely I'll make it, as it's a Monday. Still, all the best in the thankless world of promoting. And, as I'm only over the water, if you wanted to put me on [etc etc].

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2007, 02:54 PM   #3
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, definitely. There's a bit of a dearth of interesting bands in the vicinity. Are you doing stuff solo or with band?
Old 08.15.2007, 03:21 PM   #4
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I can do either - would need a fair bit of notice for the band, but I've recently started doing solo stuff which requires less in the way of organisation.

I'm also working on a guitar orchestra and a doom band, but those probably won't be anything like good enough till the new year. There was a pop group up until a month or so ago, that unfortunately fell apart thanks to 'creative differences'.

So yeah, link me up blud.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 08.15.2007, 03:22 PM   #5
Glice
invito al cielo

Oh, and while I'm here, if you want a list of 'interesting' Bristol/ Southwest bands that'd be looking for gigs in another country, I can probably muster a myspazz list.

Quote:
Old 08.16.2007, 10:34 AM   #6
Iain
invito al cielo

Yeah, that would be ace. Cheers.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth