Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page NFL shenanigans
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.13.2010, 08:00 AM   #21
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
The foot ball players and cheerleaders picked on me cause I was a band nerd. I've watched my share of games just not my thing.

You won't think football is boring if you learn the rules you band nerd!
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.13.2010, 08:41 AM   #22
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Damn jocks....I'd go to a Jaguars game if I had tickets and I am sure it would befun. I just don't like to watch it on TV. My aunt used to watch me when I was a kid. All she watched was soap operas and football. I hated her house it was crawling (literally) with roaches they had no ac. It gets miserably hot here. And she was bitchy so soap operas and football on tv give me a wierd depressed feeling. And it is SO important to everyone atround here I get sick of hearing about it sometimes.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.13.2010, 09:59 AM   #23
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I was an Orchestra nerd. ha!

My beloved TEXANS made the Colts look terrible yesterday!!

OUr RB Foster was getting 5-9 yards every single run!

Manning looked so PISSED off in the sideline! yay!!!!
Old 09.15.2010, 12:50 PM   #24
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennthebenn
As a Vikings fan, I hate no team with more fiery passion than the Packers.

how come vikings? i thought you'd be a redskins fan. fuck, i hate that name. it's like saying "prairie niggers". still, home team, no?

i enjoyed watching the cowboys lose. ha ha! ha ha ha ha!

even though washington played like ass.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.15.2010, 01:53 PM   #25
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
i always enjoy the cowbums losing
Old 09.15.2010, 01:54 PM   #26
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Re: the name REDSKINS

"winner's" make the rules right?

philipinos and Latin americans live their whole lives with names derived from a relatively tiny european nation that once had a massive fleet of ships.
Old 09.15.2010, 02:15 PM   #27
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
how come vikings? i thought you'd be a redskins fan. fuck, i hate that name. it's like saying "prairie niggers". still, home team, no?

i enjoyed watching the cowboys lose. ha ha! ha ha ha ha!

even though washington played like ass.

My older brother is a Vikes fan...got to me very early and corrupted me.

I despise the Redskins. They're the only DC/MD based sports team I don't
like. Again, I must thank my brother for showing me the light.
Old 09.15.2010, 02:16 PM   #28
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
The Cowboys/Redskins game was like watching a potato sack race that
went the length of a marathon run.
Old 09.15.2010, 02:22 PM   #29
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

hahah! This Sunday the Texans will show the Skins some true Southern hostility
Old 09.15.2010, 03:16 PM   #30
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
bytor-- i'm not ready to put down money just yet! but yeah it's nuts. and thanks again for the recommendation on high school games-- there's one near my house next week and i might go check it.

jenn-- so what goes into being a non-local fan? why is it that you like them? do they have a style of playing or something? i'm curious to know. ha ha ha @ potato sack race. yeah!

rob-- i guess so yeah but it's more a racial slur than an adjective indicating origin. anyway, fuckem. strangely enough, while some injuns take offense at the name, others favor this team just becuz.

i missed the monday night game (no cable = no espn), was it good?

i really hope i can get into this sport. the end of the world cup left me deprived.
Old 09.15.2010, 03:38 PM   #31
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

They were one of the powerhouse teams of the seventies, despite never
having won a Super Bowl in their history. I liked that their vaunted defense
was nicknamed "The Purple People Eaters." And I just dig VIKINGS. How
mighty and horn-helmet wearing! That's a name for a football team. Not
like the Saints, or the Redskins, or Jebus help us, the Bills.

Because they've never won the big one, the fanbase can't rest on past
laurels, and are also prone to snide comments from other fans whose teams
have won the big one. That actually makes me love being a Vikings
fan more.

Also...Adrian Peterson. Purple Jesus. The most gifted running back alive.
Old 09.15.2010, 03:49 PM   #32
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Monday Night had TWO games (for opening week) both were deadly dull.

next week after the Redskins game, the Texans face the Cowbums! yaya!
Old 09.15.2010, 03:50 PM   #33
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
bytor-- i'm not ready to put down money just yet! but yeah it's nuts. and thanks again for the recommendation on high school games-- there's one near my house next week and i might go check it.

jenn-- so what goes into being a non-local fan? why is it that you like them? do they have a style of playing or something? i'm curious to know. ha ha ha @ potato sack race. yeah!

rob-- i guess so yeah but it's more a racial slur than an adjective indicating origin. anyway, fuckem. strangely enough, while some injuns take offense at the name, others favor this team just becuz.

i missed the monday night game (no cable = no espn), was it good?

i really hope i can get into this sport. the end of the world cup left me deprived.

yr right though. "redskin" is totally a racial slur. no one would name a team the chinamen, or the drunken micks, but "fighting Irish" seems OK for the nation's foremost Roman Catholic college...
Old 09.15.2010, 04:21 PM   #34
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Glad to see yr giving it a good shot !@#$%

American football should be taught worldwide and used by nations instead of waging actual war. Their military strategists would spend theitr time devising new offensive and defensive formations! At worst, the combatants would be crippled, but that happens regularly already in footbal and is far far better than the wholesale slaughter of tens of thousands.

we could have neutral countries be the refs!

hahahah!

for real though. everything has layers. futbol/soccer seems simple but it is deceptively simple. The time and effort and care that must be taken in hours upon hours of practice to get a team to gel properly are ridiculous. It amkes sense why school soccer teams are more like a gang, always together, always kicking around a ball.

If soccer is like a gang of Amish friends working together to raise a barn, American football is like an ant colony. Each member has specific tasks and speciific rules it must live by.
Old 09.15.2010, 04:22 PM   #35
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

and fuck baseball.
Old 09.15.2010, 06:30 PM   #36
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

jenn-- oh i see, it's totally random. sorta. i guess word-based? chosen like a true writer. hmmm... anyway, purple is nice, ha ha. i thought the viking name was due to the norwegian ethnicity of many minnehahans. (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_Minnesotan )

anyway i saw the vikings game last thursday and i favored the saints-- forgive me. this is for no other reason that i think new orleans is cool as shit, plus after all the sorrow they've experienced in recent years they deserve a little consolation-- nothing to do with their winning their superbowl last year or making an easy bet.

bytor, i don't think i'm ready to enjoy visualizing a radio-described game. my uncle who is a soccer megafanatic is capable of doing that but i always had a hard time with that. then again if i had money on it i'd want to know what's going on...

rob-- the thing is with soccer the action is more continuous and slower so you can follow with your eyesight. football is very quick so it requires a dozen inspectors and cameras to figure out what's going on. but maybe i'll be able to read the field better as i learn.

also, i still don't know what players are good and what players suck and all that but i imagine i'll catch on eventually.

and also, if discussing football is going to bring jennthebenn back to "the underboard" (sy gossip basement level 3) then it's worth the effort.
Old 09.16.2010, 08:53 AM   #37
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

It took me years to be able to "see" everything as it happens on the football field.
Old 09.16.2010, 02:10 PM   #38
Fred Cracklin
little trouble girl

Fred Cracklin kicks all y'all's assesFred Cracklin kicks all y'all's assesFred Cracklin kicks all y'all's assesFred Cracklin kicks all y'all's assesFred Cracklin kicks all y'all's assesFred Cracklin kicks all y'all's assesFred Cracklin kicks all y'all's assesFred Cracklin kicks all y'all's assesFred Cracklin kicks all y'all's assesFred Cracklin kicks all y'all's assesFred Cracklin kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds82Id_GMe8
Fred Cracklin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2010, 02:45 PM   #39
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

love that clip.

this one is sadder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gcdz1IRVoM
Old 09.16.2010, 03:32 PM   #40
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
I was watching ESPN's Outside the Lines last Sunday and one guy talking said that there is actually only 17 minutes of action in an entire game. At first I said no way then I did some simple math like each play is 10 seconds long even thought they vary from as little as 3 seconds up to say 15 seconds and each team had 60 plays so each team had the ball 10 X 60 is 600 seconds divide by 60 seconds in a minute and you got each team with 10 minutes of actual action in 1 hour long game. Yet it takes 3 1/2 hours to play on TV where do all those other minutes go?

Definitely start watching High School football live the action is more continuous, the excitement better and some games are free. Someone there always wants to showoff their knowledge so they'll explain it to you or you can just eavesdrop on their conversations with their buds.

If you are thinking of actually betting the game the golden rule is DO NOT PICK A FAVORITE TEAM. If you have a team that you favor as your team they will cloud your Judgement when evaluating them against an opponent.
Stay neutral and you'll be able to pick winners better.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth