Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Vinyl Pressing question...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.21.2007, 02:20 PM   #1
stefansonic
empty page

stefansonic has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
This is my first ever post on this board, please bear with me if this has been asked beofre...

I just recently scored a test press 7" for the Overkill Your Idols 7" and was wondering how many test presses were made for this record?

My record is just a plain blank white label with a large 45 center hole.

Thanks in advance...
stefansonic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.21.2007, 02:49 PM   #2
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
http://sonicyouth.com/mustang/lp/ep3.html

no mention of the actual number of test press copies, I'm afraid... so, yeah, I din't help much.
By the way, welcome on here, If you're not familiar with this, check the mighty Chris Lawrence's site for infos on sy releases, gear and stuff :
http://sonicyouth.com/mustang/old.html
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.21.2007, 03:16 PM   #4
Bal
the end of the ugly

Bal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
test pressings are usually 3-5 copies.

thaths good to hear.
i have an original test press of ddn.

Bal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.21.2007, 03:30 PM   #5
golden child
expwy. to yr skull

golden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's asses
just got test pressings today of a record i am putting out and i got 5, i think thats pretty much the norm.
Old 09.22.2007, 02:24 AM   #6
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
http://sonicyouth.com/mustang/lp/ep3.html

no mention of the actual number of test press copies, I'm afraid... so, yeah, I din't help much.
By the way, welcome on here, If you're not familiar with this, check the mighty Chris Lawrence's site for infos on sy releases, gear and stuff :
http://sonicyouth.com/mustang/old.html

stefan actually provided a fair amount of the rarer items in the discography, if memory serves!
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2007, 06:26 AM   #7
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
OH oh!
So, he's new to the board, but definitely not to your site, I guess .
Good thing I added that "If" , I feel less stupid .
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2007, 08:45 PM   #8
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
well, i don't know how many stefansonics there are in this world...!
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Old 09.22.2007, 09:48 PM   #9
stefansonic
empty page

Thanks to everyone who replied...
I did try emailing Chris Lawrence before I posted here, but the emails were returned...I did contribute to the discography in the past, I went to look if I was still in the thank you's but I was removed, that's ok...I don't really collect SY anymore because I thought I had everything except test presses, so to be able to find an Overkill Your Idols 7" test I thought was awsome.

While were on the subject, I have 2 copies of Halloween II 12": 1 signed and numbered (75/100) and 1 unsigned & un-numbered. so now: how many are there unsigned and un-numbered? and what about the Flower 7" and the Flower/Satin Is Boring? how many of each of those were made? Just curious if anyone knows for sure...

Thanks again...
Old 09.22.2007, 11:15 PM   #10
Chris Lawrence

oh, sorry, all of your credits are in the 'updates' section. if you have anything more to contribute, i'm happy to take submissions for the next update (forthcoming before the end of the year... seriously! i really, honestly mean it! and the other pages too! really!) ..

you can use the updated email on the concert chronology etc..
Old 09.24.2007, 06:29 PM   #11
stefansonic
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
oh, sorry, all of your credits are in the 'updates' section. if you have anything more to contribute, i'm happy to take submissions for the next update (forthcoming before the end of the year... seriously! i really, honestly mean it! and the other pages too! really!) ..

you can use the updated email on the concert chronology etc..

I'm going to go through every entry, and whatever is missing I'll either send you scans or photos. I see the Flower release needs an update, the 7", 12", all of it...

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth