Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Lee on new Suzanne Vega album
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.06.2007, 04:55 PM   #21
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_mind
Mentions a load of backing singers and the studio musicians in the cd cover/book, but nothing about lee!

Weird Perhaps he didn't want to be credited ?
Torn Curtain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.08.2007, 06:12 AM   #22
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
The new album, which is largely a love song to New York, features other New York musicians including Sonic Youth’s Lee Ranaldo – whom she managed to nab when he put in an unexpected call to the studio where she was working. But things didn’t quite turn out the way she was expecting. “I didn’t want to say, what I want from you is a big fat distorted guitar sound like on Heroesby David Bowie – but that was kind of in my mind. It all ended up a bit freeform.”
Old 07.12.2007, 02:57 AM   #23
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
http://gothamist.com/2007/07/11/suzanne_vega_mu.php

Beauty and Crime also features Lee Renaldo [Sonic Youth] on one song. How did you end up working with him?
He’s someone I’ve run into for 15 years all over New York and we’ve always been friendly and chatted about working together. So I thought he’d be a good guy to bring in on a couple of songs; he actually plays on two songs.
Is there any chance of him sitting in during any of your New York appearances?
I don’t know; I guess I’ll have to ask him and find out!
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2007, 03:56 AM   #24
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
http://thephoenix.com:80/article_ektid44992.aspx

“Angel’s Doorway,” the story of a cop on post in the dusty wasteland of the ruined Trade Center, has a turn from another prominent New York City musician: Sonic Youth guitarist Lee Ranaldo. His shimmer and clang gives the song a ghostly element.
“Lee is somebody who I keep running into all over New York, at different parties and events. I thought it would be nice to have him on that song. I was looking for a combination of new sounds, and though what he did wasn’t different for him, it certainly was for one of my songs.”
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth