Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page One album you still own that you look at and say "I still don't know why I bought it"
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.22.2008, 03:18 AM   #81
therealglenstyler
stalker

therealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard sucka
last poets holy terror, by the time i bought this i had identified that i don't really get bill laswells production and i knew this was a reformation album. it is horrible indeed. good cover though.

I had a pretty hefty purge just recently so am free of a lot of rubbish.

its tempting to say the electric love hogs album but that would be totally affected of me because i frickin' love it. It is however wrong wrong wrong.

I definately don't need four bill frissell albums either.
therealglenstyler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2008, 05:17 AM   #82
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
Ian Brown - The Greatest
At the time I loved The Stone Roses, this album was really cheap, so I bought it. I still haven't given it a proper listen, I've just heard bits and pieces in my iPod. Something about it seems so pretentious, as if he thinks he's better than The Stone Roses, too good for electric guitars so he uses electronic beats with an orchestra and acoustic guitars (I don't know if that actually happens though).

The Jam - Direction, Reaction, Creation boxset
I'd bought The Greatest Hits based on In The City, and I loved it, and I had a lot of money to spend, so I got this. It's not that the music is bad, I just don't ever feel like listening to it, and I could've spent my money on a few other things.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2008, 05:21 AM   #83
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by diskaholic-anonymous
Band of Susans - "the peel sessions"...i don't why i bought this...but honestly the entire album is boring, sounds like a bad grunge band without any inspiration or feeling...i just can hear it one time in a year.

Eh? Grunge?

Band of Susans were amazing.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2008, 08:08 AM   #84
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by diskaholic-anonymous
Band of Susans - "the peel sessions"...i don't why i bought this...but honestly the entire album is boring, sounds like a bad grunge band without any inspiration or feeling...i just can hear it one time in a year.
I had one of their albums but rarely played it. I never understood the appeal.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2008, 12:18 PM   #85
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I dunno, BoS just make really good songs.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth