Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Despair by Omar Rodriguez-Lopez
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.16.2009, 02:45 AM   #21
WHOREOHSCOPE
children of satan

WHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's asses
EDDIE EDIT NEW EDITION: WOW AM I HALF ASLEEP!?!?!??! OR WHAT: I'd rather not be complacent like you ZeroPumpkins and I've appreciated past sentiments of yours, but frankly that frame of mind AINT getting you NOWHERE.
WHOREOHSCOPE is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2009, 02:45 AM   #22
sarramkrop

So, have you guys reached an agreement yet? Shit or hit?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2009, 02:45 AM   #23
WHOREOHSCOPE
children of satan

WHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's asses
You are never going anywhere.

In a different context than Karen Carpenter, and yet you will; I hope.
Old 02.16.2009, 02:46 AM   #24
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHOREOHSCOPE
I'd rather be complacent than, you ZeroPumpkins and I've appreciate past sentiments of yours, but frankly that frame of mind AINT getting you NOWHERE.

Is the person in your avatar Nobunny?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2009, 02:49 AM   #25
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazifan
i dont understand why people are dissing this album for being NOISE dont people here like noise? is it because its the guy from the mars volta? it just seems like a double standard

Yes, it is because it's the guy from the Mars Volta. He usually makes semi-improv Latin Jazz albums now with the occasional Mars Volta and 'experimental' album. Let's see what everyone says when his album with Zach Hill comes out...I'm actually surprised there hasn't been any mention of his album with Lydia Lunch or his album with Damo Suzuki.

*shrug*
Old 02.16.2009, 02:51 AM   #26
WHOREOHSCOPE
children of satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
Yes, it is because it's the guy from the Mars Volta. He usually makes semi-improv Latin Jazz albums now with the occasional Mars Volta and 'experimental' album. Let's see what everyone says when his album with Zach Hill comes out...I'm actually surprised there hasn't been any mention of his album with Lydia Lunch or his album with Damo Suzuki.

*shrug*
FUCK YEASHHHH

He's working with Damo? Zach? and Lydia?

Way cool, way for everyone to show how much of tools they're being?
Share my sentiments Sy37? I'm not trying to cast judgment, I'm trying to aid anyone who acts like an asshole, like I've been in the past in their treatment, thus appreciation of ART.

It doesn't matter if he works with those people, but I love Damo, I love Zach and I've got some appreciation for Lydia so maybe it'll extend them into the world they truly belong.
Old 02.16.2009, 02:55 AM   #27
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
The Zach Hill release is forthcoming...allegedly.
"In addition a collaboration with Zach Hill of the band Hella has also been completed. Rodriguez-Lopez has stated that the album will be "heavier" and "mostly guitars". This LP was recorded some 2 years ago and Willie Anderson's Myspace page says there will be an early 2009 release for this record"

The Lydia Lunch collabo isn't great...or really even good. I've only listened to it twice and it's an EP

The Damo release is Please Heat This Eventually from Se Dice Bisonte... with Damo doing vocals

Old 02.16.2009, 03:22 AM   #28
WHOREOHSCOPE
children of satan

A friend of mine never got into Can as a result of that omar / damo collab if its not new.......allegedly I hope the Zach Hill Hella Omar Machine happens.

Going back to art analysis, and Sonic Youth board being my place of location.

I maintain!
that
cha AY os is the fu
ture and bey
ond it
is free
dom.......
con
fus
ion is
next
and
next
after
that
is
the
truth
you've go=
tto cultivate what
you need
to need (or what your perception tells you you need... however)

STICK YOUR FINGERS IN YOUR MOUTH SQUEEZE YOUR TONGUE AND WRENCH IT OUT!
FROM ITS UGLY FUCKING CANCER ITS UGLY FUCKING CANCER ROOT ^ the only way to grow, shut the fuck up , think about what you're saying and come back to chaos being the future , chaos in yourself as well as other people, I want to meet this band again someday, hopefully.

If not I've always got "the Empty Page "(direct Zep) to know Thurston feels exactly the same way about his heroes and his "loves', which were a love of a sort, of course ; PATTI SMITH- I love her, as well.

"Tell nothing but the truth" but question what is truth? Is your truth the truth?

Also realize, that this means what your mind tells you when you're not being lazy
and being honest with yourself that you do have a perception, and almost a duty to express that perception, and so you should TELL it. Even if its illogical hate. Which should make a person reference back to other sentiments, I'd hope........
Old 02.16.2009, 03:32 AM   #29
WHOREOHSCOPE
children of satan

Don't treat my getting in the mind of Confusion as my own acceptance of my ideas as THE songs SOLE intent; In fact I think CONFUSION IS SEX also signifies the idea that confusion will only bring about the intimacy which exists in sex when the "end of the world" comes about and information is doubling every other second , or whatever , the precision isn't the point.

The information is crucial though, confusion doesn't have to lead to death only, the end of the world isn't simply the end, and anarchy in a means that hasn't occurred in the span of the humanity we've come to know is all apart of what is envisioned in this song / concept I imagine.

I think its still true. (Applicable, timeless as well).
Old 02.16.2009, 05:07 AM   #30
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
So I was watching Futurama today, and it was awesome. That was one funny show.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2009, 05:51 AM   #31
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Quote:
Don't treat my getting in the mind of Confusion as my own acceptance of my ideas as THE songs SOLE intent; In fact I think CONFUSION IS SEX also signifies the idea that confusion will only bring about the intimacy which exists in sex when the "end of the world" comes about and information is doubling every other second , or whatever , the precision isn't the point.

The information is crucial though, confusion doesn't have to lead to death only, the end of the world isn't simply the end, and anarchy in a means that hasn't occurred in the span of the humanity we've come to know is all apart of what is envisioned in this song / concept I imagine.

I think its still true. (Applicable, timeless as well).
Quote:
A friend of mine never got into Can as a result of that omar / damo collab if its not new.......allegedly I hope the Zach Hill Hella Omar Machine happens.

Going back to art analysis, and Sonic Youth board being my place of location.

I maintain!
that
cha AY os is the fu
ture and bey
ond it
is free
dom.......
con
fus
ion is
next
and
next
after
that
is
the
truth
you've go=
tto cultivate what
you need
to need (or what your perception tells you you need... however)

STICK YOUR FINGERS IN YOUR MOUTH SQUEEZE YOUR TONGUE AND WRENCH IT OUT!
FROM ITS UGLY FUCKING CANCER ITS UGLY FUCKING CANCER ROOT ^ the only way to grow, shut the fuck up , think about what you're saying and come back to chaos being the future , chaos in yourself as well as other people, I want to meet this band again someday, hopefully.

If not I've always got "the Empty Page "(direct Zep) to know Thurston feels exactly the same way about his heroes and his "loves', which were a love of a sort, of course ; PATTI SMITH- I love her, as well.

"Tell nothing but the truth" but question what is truth? Is your truth the truth?

Also realize, that this means what your mind tells you when you're not being lazy
and being honest with yourself that you do have a perception, and almost a duty to express that perception, and so you should TELL it. Even if its illogical hate. Which should make a person reference back to other sentiments, I'd hope........

What...
Old 02.16.2009, 06:19 AM   #32
Youth_Against_Facism
stalker

Youth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins
What...

Who knows.
Old 02.16.2009, 06:55 AM   #33
lechaoscestmoi
the destroyed room

lechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asses
WHORESCORPE dude i'm gonna neg rep yr ass
lechaoscestmoi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2009, 06:59 AM   #34
lechaoscestmoi
the destroyed room

lechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asses

lechaoscestmoi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2009, 07:09 AM   #35
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
WHOREOHSCOPE, did your mother ground you for not eating your greens?

If she did then well done to her, you're hilarious.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2009, 09:42 AM   #36
Beautiful Plateau
children of satan

Beautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by lechaoscestmoi
WHORESCORPE dude i'm gonna neg rep yr ass

Do so already! Looks like he takes himself and our posts way too serious.

Beautiful Plateau is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2009, 10:12 AM   #37
Beautiful Plateau
children of satan

Beautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins
I don't know If it's worse to be there for RCHP or Mars Volta

I was there for our dad. He had 5 tickets for the show. He was quite a fan at the time. And it was worth being there. Best mexican waves ever. And Frusciante did a great solo cover of "See Emily Play" (Pink Floyd)

Beautiful Plateau is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.17.2009, 12:05 AM   #38
WHOREOHSCOPE
children of satan

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth