Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page post comething completely irrelevant!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.29.2011, 07:55 AM   #26461
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinnikpasswordforgetter
i need to work out what im doing with my life.

i have my novel. which is about 2 novels worth of notes and maybe 35 pages of actual novel. at this rate i will finish it in 10 years if im lucky.

maybe i should abandon it. im not exageratting when i say it has LITERALLY taken over my life. but to give up on it... ive given up on EVERYTHING in my life so far. it would just make everything thats happened over the past few years meaningless. which it is already i suppose.

this novel is part of the reason im sober, the reason i left all my friends, the reason i have little else going on in life now apart from when im writing it. but it just doesnt seem to end. even tho i have about 25 endings. it just incorporates more and more things. i dont think it will ever stop. and its all pointless. but it could be a real novel...

whatever the solution i need to do something because im stuck in a damned inertia that is just making me lazier and duller and deader everyday.

gotta finish it. I am coming back to my book every 6 months or so. I am too busy. I have pages upon pages of chicken scratch I need to refine into a logical order. Whatever you end up turning it into it will be great I am sure

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2011, 10:32 AM   #26462
Pelle
expwy. to yr skull

Pelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's asses
Still sore throat
Pelle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2011, 08:26 PM   #26463
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
I bought smokes.
It had this on the back:

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2011, 08:58 PM   #26464
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
Nik: As soon as you said "and ive given up on everythingggggg" it sounded like an excuse not to do something hard but beneficial. Having given up "everything" is a generalization (I am a professional of the generalizations and excuses. But I'm a woman. What excuse do you have?)
The things you've given up have been choices for the sake of the direction you want to go. Even if it takes 20, 30 years, doesnt see the light of day, doesnt matter. Keep writing. Pleeaaase, keep writing.

knox, at first glance I thought the picture was a shot of a celebrity caught off set. I still think it is.
Enjoy those smokes. Really savour them.

I have been reading some folks' dissections of films and their truly interested, interesting, and investigational spirit (vs helicopter-cockering) is making me want to hug my monitor. Literally put my arms around it and press my tits real close against it. And smile. I love when I hear peoples ideas about things that I didnt think of.
alteredcourse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2011, 08:59 PM   #26465
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
alteredcourse,

please post more.
i love you.

Old 04.29.2011, 09:21 PM   #26466
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
Uh, ahem.

there is nothing to do, there is nowhere to go, there is nothing to be, and no one to know.
thomas ligotti, revered boogeyman.
and i cant find a damn thing written by him in this city.
alteredcourse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2011, 12:55 PM   #26467
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
I bought smokes.
It had this on the back:

at first I thought that was some kind of morality police thing, playing on "whore" "horror" pun but then I came to my senses.

Good. maybe seeing such horrifying shit every single time you take out a cigarette you might think twice, or then again, you can just get a really nice silver cigarette case and only have to see the pack every day or so when you reup

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2011, 01:09 PM   #26468
knox
invito al cielo

No, because they're all really cool and keep getting cooler.

This one is a lol. Smoking causes horror and impotence. Now they're just being creative.

Old 04.30.2011, 01:29 PM   #26469
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
No, because they're all really cool and keep getting cooler.

This one is a lol. Smoking causes horror and impotence. Now they're just being creative.

Some of the packs in Mexico look like Kurt Cobain fetus art and are also kind of cool, but I dig the idea itself, putting disheartening images on cigarette packs chances the whole culture. The US is starting this in 2013, it will change the entire gas station/mini-market culture. Frajos are going to have to be stashed behind the counter just because they look so stupid! It will indeed radically change the smoking culture in time, and will more than likely systematically reduce smoking, which I am grateful for! In California we started to anti-smoking movement and we have some of the lowest smoking rates of any other places in the world! Fuck cigarettes, I smoked passionately for a decade, but tobacco has killed probably a hundred of my relatives, so I'm straight

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2011, 01:34 PM   #26470
knox
invito al cielo

It's funny coming from you.

Old 05.01.2011, 11:08 AM   #26471
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses

WHOOP WHOOP!!!!
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2011, 11:15 AM   #26472
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Cigarettes are awful.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2011, 01:19 PM   #26473
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Uncle Cronos
There is one Brit who is still waiting for his invitation to tomorrows wedding between Prince William and Kate Middleton.* Cronos (Conrad Lant), the bass player and singer from the band Venom, has checked his mailbox everyday patiently waiting for a message that may never come.* Why would the lead singer of a band that recorded songs like Sons of Satan expect an invite to one of the most sacred and important events in Britain this century?* Cronos is, in fact, Kate Middletons uncle.
As hard as this may be to believe for many metalheads, Cronos is the brother of Kates mom Mary Lant.* In an exclusive interview with The Tyranny of Tradition, Cronos revealed that he had a close relationship with Kate from the time she was a baby.* We were on tour supporting the Welcome to Hell album when I got the call.** Little Katy was about to be born.* The band and I cancelled the show and rushed to the hospital.* Ill never forget when I held her for the first time.* Abaddon and I broke down in tears.* It was beautiful, recalled Cronos.
Cronos was always a big part of the future princesses life.* She grew up going to Venom concerts and was even in the studio when the band recorded their third album At War With Satan.* Mantas had this great idea to have her voice mixed into the background of the song Aaaaaarrghh but it we were never able to get it to sound right.
As Kate got older she got more involved with the band.* She started playing drums at age 7 and even sat in with us a few times during concerts.* She played Buried Alive with us at a show in Coventry back during the reunion in 1995 and was amazing.* She reminded me a lot of Dave Lombardo.
When the royal couple first started dating Kate promised Cronos that they might play at the wedding if the two ever decided to tie the knot.* She had this whole idea about us playing Countess Bathory during the part of the service where she walked up to the altar.* I thought it was crazy, but she kept bringing the idea up. Id have been honored to play her wedding.
Cronos was in touch with Kate as recently as seven months ago, but since the wedding announcement she has not returned any of his phone calls.* She used to call me her favorite uncle.* She loved singing songs with me when she was a little girl.* We used to sing the song Black Metal together.* She loved doing the growling part at the end.* Now she wont even talk to me.
There have been few mentions of Cronos relationship with Kate in the British press.* He believes the royal family has conspired to keep the Kate Middleton/Venom connection out of the media.* There used to be video of her playing with us up on YouTube, but that was mysteriously taken down months ago.* I feel like they are embarrassed by my career as one of the founding fathers of Satan influenced thrash metal.* Im not trying to get famous out of this or make money.* I just want my Little Katy back.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2011, 02:16 PM   #26474
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah....I'm currently trying to quit. I've wanted to but damn. Turkish Royals are soo good. plus they feel great after a bowl or joint.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2011, 02:16 PM   #26475
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
lPlus cigarrettes are crazy expensive here
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2011, 02:22 PM   #26476
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
Cigarettes are awful.

yes but... lots of things are awful.

Old 05.01.2011, 03:59 PM   #26477
Pelle
expwy. to yr skull

Pelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's asses
Holy fuck I have a headache.

The only cure is more music.
Old 05.01.2011, 04:12 PM   #26478
Pelle
expwy. to yr skull

Holy shit..that one scared me. First thought I was hallucinating when he blinked
Old 05.01.2011, 04:14 PM   #26479
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelle
Holy shit..that one scared me. First thought I was hallucinating when he blinked

ha ha ha-- i saw the picture and didn't notice the first time (i looked for maybe .2 seconds)
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2011, 04:28 PM   #26480
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
yes but... lots of things are awful.
A lot more awful than most things I suppose.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
824122412741314132113221323 1324 1325132613271334137414241824 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth