Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Seth Rogen vs RZA
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.19.2007, 02:06 AM   #1
nomowish
children of satan

nomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's asses
HAVE TO PICK THIS FUKER UP!!!

http://www.complex.com/blogs/?p=4230

On the flipside of the mag we’ve got Knocked Up x Wu-Tang. Nope you won’t see that collab in any over-hyped t-shirt, but we did get Judd Apatow’s golden boy Seth Rogen, the star of the hilarious Knocked Up and the Wu’s clan leader RZA for a duel cover story where the two share their success stories, gay jokes and freestyle rap/acting.

And some other Judd Apatow/Rogen/Wu-related info...

New York magazine article about the scenes edited from Knocked Up. Apparently "Rogen's enthusiastic rapping of Wu-Tang's "Shame on a Nigga" — so prominently featured in the first twenty seconds of the trailer — never made it into the final cut."

So Rogen's responsible for the Wu references. In the 40 Year Old Virgin he wore a t-shirt with the cover art for GZA/Genius' Liquid Swords. And in Knocked-Up, Ol Dirty Bastard's "Shimmy Shimmy Ya" played over the opening credits.

In LA Weekly's interview with Superbad director Greg Mottola...

Author Joshuah Bearman writes, "If Apatow’s ever-proliferating crew is like some kind of comedy Wu-Tang Clan, then Apatow is the RZA, Steve Carrell is Method Man, Paul Rudd is U-God, Seth Rogen must be ODB, and I guess that makes Greg Mottola one of the creative affiliates, maybe Cappadonna."

From the Dalls Observer

Author Scott Foundas writes, "As I'm about to leave, Apatow asks me if I'd like to hear something. It's the title song from the Walk Hard soundtrack, as it will appear during one of the film's climactic scenes: a star-studded tribute show to the movie's faux music legend, Dewey Cox (played by John C. Reilly). Tomorrow, back on the Walk Hard set, they'll actually shoot the scene, complete with appearances by Jackson Browne, Ghostface Killah, and Jewel (who memorably yodels during the bridge). Though the song is intended as parody, its lyrics — about struggling against hardship and being true to yourself — are, like so much else about Apatow's work, at once comic and heartfelt. Along with "I'm One," it could well be the anthem of his career."
nomowish is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.19.2007, 09:16 AM   #2
Prisstina
the end of the ugly

Prisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's asses
fuck seth rogen. michael cera is where its at.

Prisstina is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.19.2007, 09:20 AM   #3
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
what the fuck is this bullshit

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth