Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page The official 'Ive just seen My Bloody Valentine live' thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.14.2008, 12:59 PM   #81
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
yeah yeah ok ok
nevertheless both Isn't anything and Loveless are unforgettable records, I think we can all agree on this one.

If Loveless never existed I wouldn't feel particularly compelled to create it, if you get what I mean.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2008, 09:20 AM   #82
sarramkrop

I think that I much prefer listening to Teenage Filmstars, which the haters would probably deem as a MBV rip off, these days. They had more good songs.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2008, 09:24 AM   #83
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
All in all, MBV don't suck but they're certainly not GREAT. They've got a few really great songs (like "Feed Me With your Kiss" and "You Made Me Realize") but really their discography is pretty damn inconsistent. I just gave away "Loveless" to some guy the other day because I don't even know why I ever owned that record. I guess becuase I was 14 and didn't know any better. MBV may have popularized shoegaze but they're one of the lesser shoegaze bands I've heard.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2008, 09:29 AM   #84
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
I was 14 as well when I bought Loveless hah. A year ago I thought they were one of the best bands ever but I've sort of went off them in recent times. Something about their records irk me... I dunno, maybe I just overplayed them or something. I'd rather listen to Slowdive or some other shoegaze band.

And to reply to melly's post from ages ago, I will indeed check out Loop. I've been meaning to for a few years ever since I first got into shoegaze.

Now, a shoegaze band that REALLY sucks? The Jesus and Mary Chain.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2008, 09:35 AM   #85
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, Slowdive are fucking amazing. Easily my favorite shoegaze band. Brilliant. I actually recently replaced my scratched up copy of souvlaki.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2008, 03:40 AM   #86
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
I've had Isn't Anything for almost a year, I love it (it's in my top ten or so albums), so I finally got around to buying Loveless a few weeks ago. I was pretty disappointed. For me, the only memorable songs were When You Sleep and I Only Said.
Also, I didn't think The Jesus & Mary Chain were a shoegaze band.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2008, 09:32 AM   #87
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
ha ha ha!! oh god... this is back again...

mbv suck ass big time. terrible british band.... they are just a bunch of rip off artists..

please people...not again!
Old 11.10.2008, 12:14 PM   #88
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death & the Maiden
Also, I didn't think The Jesus & Mary Chain were a shoegaze band.
I'd say they were. They were pioneers of the sound!
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2008, 02:32 PM   #89
sarramkrop

Take this, My OVERRATED Valentine: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=x8W6X8X_ApM
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2008, 04:38 PM   #90
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
so were dino jr but that doesnt make them shoegaze

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.11.2008, 04:53 AM   #91
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
They didn't use feedback/distortion/white noise to make a soothing, dreamy soundscape type of thing.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.11.2008, 08:29 AM   #92
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
Stop Already!!!

Loveless Is A Classic

Get Over It

Mbv Are An Important Band... Get Over It!!!

Jeez!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth