Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page discussion about time, does time exist?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.17.2012, 04:17 PM   #21
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
entropy WILL eat you.
Old 12.17.2012, 04:25 PM   #22
gast30
invito al cielo

gast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
an even better question: what time will the boring people show up in this thread?
wel i find this interesting to hear what other people think

you know flowt ... all these abuse cases with childeren from the church and other abusers
together with the nazi-whores and other sick extreemist people

IS DA BORING SHIT THAT IS COMING OUT OF MY EARS

so if you excuse me to talk about something else

i live in this shit of abused childeren everywhere with no help
with rasict retards making my life difficult

there is almost NO FUN out there

so if you wanna talk about boring people
think twice

i'm just surviving this white retard apeshit as there is this black retard apeshit and religious retard apeshit

ok there is no way to leave those people
they are every where

everywhere retards of people

people are just not brave enough to open their eyes for the thruth of the negative shit of homo sapian

i do open my eyes
and live on

no 1 is giving me a diploma for beeing brave or respect so

you understand what i'm talking about
gast30 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.17.2012, 04:38 PM   #23
gast30
invito al cielo

gast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's asses

Old 12.17.2012, 04:43 PM   #24
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
But what do you think about TIME?

I agree with all your assertions about Homo Sapiens Sapiens.

However, you gast, by your choice of focus, are ignoring the myriad amazing and beautiful and wonderful things about Homo Sapiens Sapiens.

Look at a flame.

You can choose to see how it can destroy, how it can burn and maim and kill, how it is nigh uncontrollable if it gets the right fuel. How it can wipe away whole square miles of landscape, how it has been used to torture and hurt people.

OR

You can also choose to see it's beauty, it's ever changing colors and shapes, it's ability to illuminate the world around us so we can read our books, and feel safe in the otherwise dark, how we can cook with it, to better ingest nutrition, how we can use it to create different materials we would otherwise not have. How we can use the flame to warm our homes and ourselves.

Humanity is the same way.

choosing to constantly strain in only one direction can indeed become boring. The human mind can only take so much terror before it flees into imagination, or death. There must be balance.

everything in moderation, even moderation.
Old 12.17.2012, 05:08 PM   #25
gast30
invito al cielo

understand rob

i try to live as modern and beautifull as possible
Old 12.17.2012, 05:15 PM   #26
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
entropy WILL eat you.
I'd just give it gas.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.17.2012, 05:18 PM   #27
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
GASt, I wasn't talking about you, or this beautiful idea for a thread. I was speaking of midbrain no-funs.
Old 12.17.2012, 05:43 PM   #28
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
All I can read is fap fap fap
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.17.2012, 07:33 PM   #29
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

speak of the devil. we caught one, looks like we caught one, boys.
Old 12.17.2012, 09:03 PM   #30
dale_gribble
100%

dale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
You can also choose to see it's beauty, it's ever changing colors and shapes, it's ability to illuminate the world around us so we can read our books, and feel safe in the otherwise dark, how we can cook with it, to better ingest nutrition, how we can use it to create different materials we would otherwise not have. How we can use the flame to warm our homes and ourselves.

i got a chub while reading this...i LOVE fire. anyway, i don't think time exists as most people think of it however i think it does in the way you were describing it via that experiment. personally i look at it with much suspicion though because i'm afraid my perception of "reality" is not as solid as most of yours. on a daily basis i question whether i am really alive or perhaps dead already and just forced to relive my life through extremely vivid memories. clearly i'm babbling now and i've probably discredited my opinion enough, so yeah time...who the fuck knows, not me that's for sure.

dale_gribble is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.18.2012, 04:00 AM   #31
gast30
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale_gribble
i got a chub while reading this...i LOVE fire. anyway, i don't think time exists as most people think of it however i think it does in the way you were describing it via that experiment. personally i look at it with much suspicion though because i'm afraid my perception of "reality" is not as solid as most of yours. on a daily basis i question whether i am really alive or perhaps dead already and just forced to relive my life through extremely vivid memories. clearly i'm babbling now and i've probably discredited my opinion enough, so yeah time...who the fuck knows, not me that's for sure.
these are the things i like to hear and can have a intresting conversation around many things
Old 12.18.2012, 04:13 AM   #32
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly

Is time a product of mass or vice-versa?

Is this like one of those "can good exist without evil/darkness without light" type of ordeals where one simply cannot exist without the other....
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.18.2012, 04:14 AM   #33
gast30
invito al cielo

like rob sez 'time goes into one direction'

i don't know why you have to add time as it is nothing more then a movement of energy of the big bang

i see everthing more as movements without a structure
the big bang has no structure (like an explosion of firework, symetric and all the same)

this is visable
Old 12.18.2012, 04:15 AM   #34
gast30
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Is this like one of those "can good exist without evil/darkness without light" type of ordeals where one simply cannot exist without the other....
it is more centered around the word 'TIME' and the use of it

and the question because we humans have made this tool
does it exist ect
Old 12.18.2012, 04:16 AM   #35
gast30
invito al cielo

questioning
questioning
questioning
Old 12.18.2012, 09:03 AM   #36
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Everything exists without us humans needing to be involved. Everything existed before we got here, and it will be here long after humans are extinct.

It is the height of vanity to assume that everything we see and feel around us is here for OUR benefit.

Time is part of spacetime, just like magnetism is part of electricity and vice versa.

This is why I always have said that time travel can only happen towards teh future, The future, from our vantage point in existence, has not yet occurred. The past is set in stone for us. Travelling to the past would not be impossible but it would be impossible to change anything.
If in this day, you havea time machine that allowed you to travel back to 1492, and you tried to kill Columbus,. you would fail. Columbus had to live for the world to be the world in which you got your time machine. This means changes cannot be made to the past.

Now, if your time machine was also a dimensional travel machine, you could travel maybe to an alternate universe's past, and there kill columbus, but the world that would unfold after that would be a completely different one to the one you came from.
Old 12.18.2012, 09:55 AM   #37
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Everything? What about juicy-nalgas, Rob? What about those?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gast30
i see everthing more as movements without a structure
the big bang has no structure (like an explosion of firework, symetric and all the same)

this is visable

Both fireworks and the big bang have (had) structure. Thanks.

Time, like light through a polarized lens, may only appear to "move" on direction.

The jury's still out.
Old 12.18.2012, 10:06 AM   #38
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Science ain't about no Juries son.
Old 12.18.2012, 10:23 AM   #39
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Well, I refuse to sit here, like a lowbrain, prentending to know, unequivocally, without absolute empirical knowledge. That's for dummies.
Old 12.18.2012, 10:41 AM   #40
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

hey man, go GET that knowledge. It ain;t comin' for free.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth