Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.12.2012, 09:52 PM   #1501
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
It really was a great game. It didn't have the quialty of the Spain Italy one but as drama it was fantastic. A definite sense that it all meaned a lot more than just football to a lot of the people involved.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2012, 10:47 PM   #1502
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
It really was a great game. It didn't have the quialty of the Spain Italy one but as drama it was fantastic. A definite sense that it all meaned a lot more than just football to a lot of the people involved.

im watching now, great start of the 1st half, about to watch the 2nd.

this little group A has turned out a lot more fun than i expected.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2012, 09:53 AM   #1503
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Especially with Greece involved, who've somehow managed to combine being completely shit with a strange capacity to score unexpected goals.

EDIT: We really ought to try and stick to one football thread or t'other. It's getting awkward making similar posts in both.
Old 06.13.2012, 10:22 AM   #1504
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
EDIT: We really ought to try and stick to one football thread or t'other. It's getting awkward making similar posts in both.

this is what i hate about the fantasy league, it interferes with reality, ha ha.

today's games look fucking brilliant! i'm skipping work.
Old 06.13.2012, 10:38 AM   #1505
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBebs
and did anyone else hear mark lawrencen call that guy in the black bodysuit "Erick the Eel" refering to the black swimmer at the last olympics??

fuck sake

There's been complaints about it apparently. It all seems ridiculously overblown to me. The kind of controversy that only ends up giving fuel to those who like to bang on about the whole 'PC gone mad' thing. I think efforts should be re-directed towards actual racism in the game, which remains rife, rather than people getting in a strop about an at worst quite ill-judged remark.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml

For those who didn't hear/see it, here's Lawrenson's 'offensive' remark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEUf8SVlYu0
Old 06.13.2012, 12:42 PM   #1506
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Goddammit! Come on, Portugal!

Jeez, who's worse... Ronaldo or Van Persie?
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2012, 12:42 PM   #1507
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
DEEENNNNMMAAARRRKKKK!!! Fuck England I'm now a Denmark fan.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2012, 12:45 PM   #1508
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Yesss!!!!!!!!!
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2012, 12:45 PM   #1509
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Twat.

Old 06.13.2012, 01:24 PM   #1510
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
Yesss!!!!!!!!!

After that, even if Holland lose tonight, I back them to qualify out of the group. I can't see Germany not beating Denmark and I definitely fancy Holland against Portugal.

As an aside, is anyone else really irritated by that music they play in the stadiums whenever a goal's scored, and that stupid guy who counts down to the kickoff? It's undignified. At least the Vuvuzela was a fan thing.
Old 06.13.2012, 01:33 PM   #1511
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Yeah the music and the countdown thing is just stupid. Seems like they're going for a more (forgive me) American style of doing things ie/shit.

Old 06.13.2012, 02:26 PM   #1512
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Jesus the Germans are making mince out of the Dutch. Just incredible playing.

And to be honest the Netherlands really don't deserve anything. The only player I can see that is really working his nuts off is Robben. Van Persie...I don't know WHAT'S going on with him, the defense in general are just lackluster.

Old 06.13.2012, 02:37 PM   #1513
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

MARIO IS BACK, BITCHES!

i think having klose hanging over his head has lit a fire under his ass
Old 06.13.2012, 03:45 PM   #1514
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Old 06.13.2012, 04:20 PM   #1515
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Yeah, Germany were very good tonight, Schweinsteiger looks like he could be their most crucial player while Gomez's finishing was superb. (See, el symbols? I told you he was good. Haha.)

I'm still holding on to some optimism for Holland, though - I still think they can beat Portugal, and Sneijder was superb tonight - but their defence remains a real problem and, despite his goal tonight, Van Persie simply has to be more clinical with his finishing. They seem like a very fed up team, beyond them just reacting to results. They seem very untogether. I still think that might have something to do with Robben's selfishness. His stomping off tonight might be the very excuse van Marwijk needs to start Kuyt against Portugal. Robben on form is an automatic pick but when he's not seems more like a liability.
Old 06.13.2012, 11:35 PM   #1516
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
As an aside, is anyone else really irritated by that music they play in the stadiums whenever a goal's scored, and that stupid guy who counts down to the kickoff? It's undignified. At least the Vuvuzela was a fan thing.
Did you ever go to any Wimbledon games when they were playing at Selhurst Park? I can remember going to a few and them having a fanfare played over the PA every time the Wombles got a corner.

Thinking of it, it may have been every time they got a touch of the ball actually.

Anyway, on to more current things, I can't beleive that Spurs have sacked Redknapp, supposedly because they're not in the Champions League, although I can't help but think there's more to it than that. I wonder who they think they can get in that will do a better job than him. What a bunch of Muppets.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2012, 01:08 AM   #1517
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunderbuss
Did you ever go to any Wimbledon games when they were playing at Selhurst Park? I can remember going to a few and them having a fanfare played over the PA every time the Wombles got a corner.

Thinking of it, it may have been every time they got a touch of the ball actually.

Anyway, on to more current things, I can't beleive that Spurs have sacked Redknapp, supposedly because they're not in the Champions League, although I can't help but think there's more to it than that. I wonder who they think they can get in that will do a better job than him. What a bunch of Muppets.

it seems a very silly thing to do. i hear that moyes may be on his way over there which is interesting but makes me wonder who in the hell would want to take over at everton?

as far as the euros go i think its looking fairly likely that the germans are gonna go pretty far, if not take the thing as they looked so well organized and pretty unstoppable today. shame its always the same old teams that always win these things.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2012, 01:39 AM   #1518
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunderbuss

No. I never saw Wimbledon at Selhurst Park but another team that used to do it (don't know if they still do) was Norwich. But then I think most clubs have experimented with the idea at least once. It really is just wrong.

As for Redknapp, yeah, there has to be more to it than the reasons given. I have to imagine its over Harry wanting some ludicrous contract and Levy being (justifiably) pissed off at the team's collapse during the whole England thing. He's probably not too pleased about him doing the pundit thing for the Euros, either. As Jon Boy mentions, Levy apparently wants Moyes, who I think would be a great long term appointment. Although I also wonder if AVB or Capello aren't in the mix.

It'll be interesting to see if any club comes in for Redknapp.
Old 06.14.2012, 12:54 PM   #1519
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Peeved about the rumors of Moyes' exit to Tottenham. I've a feeling that Martinez will be more likely. We'll see. BUT if he did go then god knows who we could get to replace him.

AND if he did go you can bet your bottom dollar that (if they don't go now) Fellaini, Baines, Jelavic will go.

Old 06.14.2012, 12:54 PM   #1520
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

wow, italy threw away the game! WTF happened to them in the 2nd half???

and taking out balotelli was wrong!

sheeeettttt. disappoint!
66737475 76 77787986126176576 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth