View Poll Results: Wrong or Right?
Israel 13 22.81%
The rest of the middle east 9 15.79%
None. They should all find a way of living together peacefully 35 61.40%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07.18.2006, 08:27 PM   #121
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Congratulations Tokolosh! You assert that you are on the same page!

I must admit that your stance runs contrary to all my empirical experience in political threads on this board but it does make a lot of sense that a non-American can see the big picture.
Oh & I never wrote that you were a "parrot." I presumed that it was most clear that the remark was pointed at Bastian, the coward with the new board name that always flames the policial threads. I must confess though that thinking I was referring to you does sound like a guilty conscience to me. As you should know, I've always been a fan of yours, but the title of your topic is slanted as hell.

Are you some sort of Jew hater or what, Tokolosh? I'm not Jewish, but I'm afraid it may constitute deal breaker, bud, unless I can get a reasonable explanation for your fucked-up flippant poll.

However, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt for now & see if you are ready to take the atari 2600 haha contemporary genius quiz hehee.

Your first task is a doozie & it's designed to prove that you are ready for further tests of mental acuity & not just a waste of my time:

Disprove String Theory by Mathematical Anomaly

Schwartz & all the other bullshitter/game-fixers can go sleep in a ditch because they are freeloading government grant whores & bums; always remember: symbol secrecy is the hallmark of a liar.

If that last bit made no sense, it's not due to my own symbol secrecy, it's because you, the reader, simply are somewhat lame. You know, kind of like everyone that is not some sort of an artist is somewhat weak as a human being. Ultimately, tomorrow is another day & life is a process, so remember to always keep hope alive!!!
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2006, 12:20 AM   #122
qprogeny79
stalker

qprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
I refuse to take sides, but let's not forget that Dimona's Negev Nuclear Research Center can be a reason for Iran and others arming themselves. Israel's nuclear capability is not to be underestimated and extremely worrying to neighbouring countries.
Even the US had their doubts as to what was going on in Dimona when it was first built.

right, but you have to consider that israel a) has been attacked time and time again by arab fruitcakes since the very dawn of its existence, and b) has never openly called for the annihilation of another state. it can only be presumed that, even if israel is stockpiling nukes, it would be doing so only in self-defense and as a deterrent to the surrounding muslim world. if it is "extremely worrying" to those multiple states and entities who want to see israel off the map (e.g., iran, hamas, hezbollah, etc.) . . . well, that's the point.

iran, on the other hand, is very clearly and explicitly trying to get its hands on the bomb in order to get rid of israel and establish itself as a muslim power. the idea that iran, sitting on some of the largest oil reserves on the planet, needs nuclear energy for civilian purposes is utterly ludicrous. iran's status as a rogue state is what makes its possession of nuclear weapons so utterly unacceptable.

one final note: there's something about this whole situation that should terrify everyone on earth, and i'm surprised it hasn't been brought up yet. consider this:

1. russia has a crumbling economy and is constantly in desperate need of money.

2. russia used to be the USSR, a grand superpower with enormous stockpiles of nukes which undoubtedly have a sky-high value and which are today simply laying dormant.

3. iran and russia have friendly relations; whenever an anti-iran resolution comes up in the UN security council, it is always russia and china who veto it.

4. iran is among the principal state sponsors of islamic terrorism worldwide, and is actively looking to get its hands on the bomb.

can we put two and two together?
qprogeny79 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2006, 03:40 AM   #123
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
Congratulations Tokolosh! You assert that you are on the same page!

I must admit that your stance runs contrary to all my empirical experience in political threads on this board but it does make a lot of sense that a non-American can see the big picture.
Oh & I never wrote that you were a "parrot." I presumed that it was most clear that the remark was pointed at Bastian, the coward with the new board name that always flames the policial threads. I must confess though that thinking I was referring to you does sound like a guilty conscience to me. As you should know, I've always been a fan of yours, but the title of your topic is slanted as hell.

Are you some sort of Jew hater or what, Tokolosh? I'm not Jewish, but I'm afraid it may constitute deal breaker, bud, unless I can get a reasonable explanation for your fucked-up flippant poll.

However, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt for now & see if you are ready to take the atari 2600 haha contemporary genius quiz hehee.

Your first task is a doozie & it's designed to prove that you are ready for further tests of mental acuity & not just a waste of my time:

Disprove String Theory by Mathematical Anomaly

Schwartz & all the other bullshitter/game-fixers can go sleep in a ditch because they are freeloading government grant whores & bums; always remember: symbol secrecy is the hallmark of a liar.

If that last bit made no sense, it's not due to my own symbol secrecy, it's because you, the reader, simply are somewhat lame. You know, kind of like everyone that is not some sort of an artist is somewhat weak as a human being. Ultimately, tomorrow is another day & life is a process, so remember to always keep hope alive!!!

Where the fuck did you get the idea that I was a jew hater? The title of my topic is not slanted in any way. On the contrary, I believe that Israel has worked hard in the last 58 years to build an oasis in the desert and all the countries in the region should accept that they are there to stay. Israel have put a lot of effort trying to nagotiate with it's neighbours, with no success. I haven't shown signs of taking sides with Israel or the opposition and don't know what the hell you are talking about.

As for disproving string theory by mathematical anomaly, I don't know much about it to discuss it profoundly. As far as I know, Pythagoras could be called the first known string theorist. He realized that vibrating strings of equal tensions but different lengths would produce harmonious notes if the ratio of the lengths of the two strings were a whole number.
Maybe you have a theory on how to disprove it. I personally don't think there's any real reason to refute string theory by mathematical anomaly. I'm interested in knowing more, but it's complicated math & physics that I have not studied in full detail.
Excuse my ignorance, but which Schwartz are you referring to?

Thanks for the neg rep by the way.
Old 07.19.2006, 06:44 AM   #124
space_monkey
bad moon rising

space_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's asses
why have you vote for bush !!!?!?! twice!!! (only for americans on gossip)please answer me!! bush is worst than stalin and hitler,and you take him for president ,i don't get it!!
space_monkey is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2006, 06:46 AM   #125
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
no, he is not worse than fucking stalin and hitler.
Old 07.19.2006, 06:54 AM   #126
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by space_monkey
why have you vote for bush !!!?!?! twice!!! (only for americans on gossip)please answer me!! bush is worst than stalin and hitler,and you take him for president ,i don't get it!!

Did you forget Benito Mussolini?
Old 07.19.2006, 06:55 AM   #127
space_monkey
bad moon rising

space_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's asses
yeah ,fucking faschist!!
Old 07.19.2006, 06:56 AM   #128
space_monkey
bad moon rising

but bush is totaly idiot! and all usa goverment
Old 07.19.2006, 07:07 AM   #129
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
but bush is totaly idiot! and all usa goverment
Wow nobody knew that!It's amazing what you learn on here about politics.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2006, 08:05 AM   #130
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Todays 'terrorist' targets for Israel - Greek orthodox churches and a milk factory, a water pumping facility, and a Christian neighbourhood in Beirut
So far Israel has killed around 310 Lebanese - the vast majority of them civilians. In fact from the reports I've read they have yet to reach double figures for the amount of hezbollah fighters they have killed.

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2006, 11:17 AM   #131
afreespirit
little trouble girl

afreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's assesafreespirit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florya
Todays 'terrorist' targets for Israel - Greek orthodox churches and a milk factory, a water pumping facility, and a Christian neighbourhood in Beirut
So far Israel has killed around 310 Lebanese - the vast majority of them civilians. In fact from the reports I've read they have yet to reach double figures for the amount of hezbollah fighters they have killed.
Hezbollah does not release its casualty lists. There are reports of heavy ground fighting along the border, with 2 IDF soldiers killed.
afreespirit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2006, 01:17 PM   #132
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Iranian Hezbollah leaders issued a statement today:

We welcome World War III.

It's a shame our limp dick government won't teach these ingrates with unmitigated gall a lesson. TODAY!
NOW!

It's like the Shiites are some mentally unbalanced teenager with not even a BB gun, but with a pea shooter for a weapon that is mocking an A team & a B team of footballers that could easily take the pea shooter away or even crush the skull of the fucking jackass at any time, yet the disturbed teen continues to intentionally disrupt the game. The rest of the world is in the stands at the soccer field & they are behaving contrary to any soccer crowd that ever existed because they are all going, "Hey, don't hurt that kid, he may be nuisance, but we can work it out."

That this situation is being allowed to continue is a complete joke & it's a huge insult to everyone's intelligence.

I suppose we'll just have to let Shias grow to be this huge power & actually fuck up some of Europe before we can go all out on them.

Our government probably already as a timetable drawn up on the whole thing that's designed to maximize their illicit profit potential.

For the next 5 years or so we'll have imbroglios in Lebanon & Syria just like we'll continue to have in Iraq & Afghanistan & as we go trillions more in debt while politicians & contractors continue to steal billions. We'll encourage "democratic" elections as the middle easterners willingly elect Shiite leaders. The price for barrels of oil & consequently, gasoline, will climb ever higher. As America goes deeper & deeper into unsurmountable debt, our economy will finally collapse.

Then, as the Iranians gain a nuclear weapon with short-range capability & as terrorism spikes & increases in Europe & America during years 5 through 10, we'll finally at some point gain a "go-ahead" from the rest of the world to be decisive like we were in WWII because by then everyone will be crying for the U.S. to save their asses, because by then there will be a true army of over 100 million terrorists.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2006, 03:35 PM   #133
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
False.
Old 07.19.2006, 03:37 PM   #134
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
The fact that he could actually defeat someone in an election, even Al Gore or John Kerry, is baffling. But he is no worse than Nixon.
Old 07.20.2006, 06:33 AM   #135
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

300 lebanese people killed and 500,000 displaced.
US troops have landed. It's the first time they have been in Lebanon
since Hezbollah militants blew up a marine barracks in Beirut in 1983, killing 241 personnel.

BBC
Old 07.20.2006, 10:19 AM   #136
Bastian
bad moon rising

Bastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Well, the neighborhood bully, he's just one man,
His enemies say he's on their land.
They got him outnumbered about a million to one,
He got no place to escape to, no place to run.
He's the neighborhood bully.

The neighborhood bully just lives to survive,
He's criticized and condemned for being alive.
He's not supposed to fight back, he's supposed to have thick skin,
He's supposed to lay down and die when his door is kicked in.

The neighborhood bully been driven out of every land,
He's wandered the earth an exiled man.
Seen his family scattered, his people hounded and torn,
He's always on trial for just being born.

Well, he knocked out a lynch mob, he was criticized,
Old women condemned him, said he should apologize.
Then he destroyed a bomb factory, nobody was glad.
The bombs were meant for him.
He was supposed to feel bad.

Well, the chances are against it and the odds are slim
That he'll live by the rules that the world makes for him,
'Cause there's a noose at his neck and a gun at his back
And a license to kill him is given out to every maniac.

He got no allies to really speak of.What he gets he must pay for, he don't get it out of love.
He buys obsolete weapons and he won't be denied
But no one sends flesh and blood to fight by his side.

Well, he's surrounded by pacifists who all want peace,
They pray for it nightly that the bloodshed must cease.
Now, they wouldn't hurt a fly.
To hurt one they would weep.
They lay and they wait for this bully to fall asleep.

Every empire that's enslaved him is gone,
Egypt and Rome, even the great Babylon.
He's made a garden of paradise in the desert sand,
In bed with nobody, under no one's command.

Now his holiest books have been trampled upon,
No contract he signed was worth what it was written on.
He took the crumbs of the world and he turned it into wealth,
Took sickness and disease and he turned it into health.

What's anybody indebted to him for?
Nothin', they say.
He just likes to cause war.
Pride and prejudice and superstition indeed,
They wait for this bully like a dog waits to feed.

What has he done to wear so many scars?
Does he change the course of rivers?
Does he pollute the moon and stars?
Neighborhood bully, standing on the hill,
Running out the clock, time standing still,
Neighborhood bully.

-Bob Dylan, Neighborhood Bully
Bastian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2006, 05:18 AM   #137
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Former CIA Director Woolsey: ‘I Think We Ought To Execute Some Air Strikes Against Syria’

Last week, State Department spokesman Sean McCormack stated that the United States’ position with respect to the ongoing conflict in the Middle East is to deescalate the tensions:

We believe that finding a way to deescalate the tensions in the current crisis…is really the way forward to achieve that ultimate goal which everybody agrees upon.

But Joseph Cirincione explained that deescalation works against the goals of neoconservatives. Those who argued strenuously for a preemptive war against Iraq are now clamoring for a deeper regional war against Iran and Syria.

Former CIA Director James Woolsey, who signed his name to a letter addressed to President Clinton in 1998 arguing for the Iraq war, appeared on Fox to make the case against Syria. “I think we ought to execute some air strikes against Syria,” adding, “The last thing we ought to do now is to start talking about cease-fires and the rest.”

Watch it here: http://images1.americanprogress.org/...ey.320.240.mov

Full transcript:

WOOLSEY: Without talking to Lebanon about it, frankly, John, I think we ought to execute some air strikes against Syria, against the instruments of power of that state, against the airport, which is the place where the weapons shuttle through from Iran to Hezbollah and Hamas. I think both Syria and Iran think that we’re cowards. They saw us leave Lebanon after the ‘83 Marine Corps bombing. They saw us leave Mogadishu in 1993. They saw us back off in 1991 when we had Saddam on the ropes and there were revolts in 14 of Iraq’s 18 provinces, and we stood there. I think they think Israel, similarly, by backing out of Lebanon a few years ago, and by backing out of Gaza, they’re fielding their oats. In that part of the world, the most dangerous thing to do is look like cowards in the face of these totalitarian groups.

QUESTION: Mr. Woolsey, are you saying that we should be hitting Syria? We should be hitting the airport? We should be hitting Bashar Assad’s office?

WOOLSEY: Yes. The last thing we ought to do now —

QUESTION: You mean we the United States, not Israel?

WOOLSEY: Yes, yes. The last thing we ought to do now is to start talking about cease-fires and the rest.
Old 07.24.2006, 10:34 AM   #138
bytheriver
bad moon rising

bytheriver is just really nicebytheriver is just really nicebytheriver is just really nicebytheriver is just really nice
Hey all you warmongers who seem to think civilian casualties are merely unfortunate byproducts of throwing bombs at a country, why dont you go over there sign up with the IDF and put your lives where your opinions are, you could take your families too. Or if that doesnt appeal maybe you could shut the fuck up till you realise the value of human life doesnt go up or down when you cross these artificial map lines.
bytheriver is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2006, 03:35 PM   #139
Bastian
bad moon rising

Bastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytheriver
Hey all you warmongers who seem to think civilian casualties are merely unfortunate byproducts of throwing bombs at a country, why dont you go over there sign up with the IDF and put your lives where your opinions are, you could take your families too. Or if that doesnt appeal maybe you could shut the fuck up till you realise the value of human life doesnt go up or down when you cross these artificial map lines.

Maybe then you should also put your life where your opinion is, taking your family too: Move to northern Israel and enjoy having rockets rain down on you every single day, while there´s "peace time", (i.e. before the recent counter-attacks by Israel). If that doesn`t appeal maybe you should be silent aswell, until you realise that being attacked by radical militants (Hizbollah) who want no peace and have no other aim than your annihilation forces you to act against them.
Bastian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2006, 03:55 PM   #140
bytheriver
bad moon rising

bytheriver is just really nicebytheriver is just really nicebytheriver is just really nicebytheriver is just really nice
Actually I did go volunteer in Palestine for a couple of Months in 2003, got shot at a couple of times despite being an unarmed pacifist, was teargassed, spent a lot of time at checkpoints whenever I wanted to leave a town. And I was treated pretty nicely cause I'm westernI met a lot of people with bullet scars, a lot more with relatives either dead or in administrative detention. I also met a lot of Israeli activists who are really annoyed with their governments belligerance including ex soldiers. It's a horrible situation there and lots of people are getting hurt on a daily basis owing to institutional racism and miscalculated foreign policy thats just one reason why I dont like this war (sorry if anyone saw that I just edited a completely unnecessary curse word)
bytheriver is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth