Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Post your mixes
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.02.2008, 01:45 PM   #261
sarramkrop

I made this for a friend. I might as well post it on here too.

CLOCKCLEANER - VOMITING MIRRORS
PINK REASON - THROW IT AWAY
EAT SKULL - PUNK TRIPS
ACID EATER - DRIVE TO C.P.
PUMICE - SICK BAY DUVET
ALAN VEGA - EVERYONE IS A WINNER
EL - P - STEPFATHER FACTORY
THE ELECTRIC BUNNIES - EAT WORMS
PLUXUS - CARAVILLE
MELT BANANA - CRACKED PLASTER CAST
PSYCHEDELIC HORSESHIT -RATHER DULL
MF DOOM - FRIENDZ
VINCENT OVER THE SINK - I FOUND THE GENIE
THE UNITES STATES OF AMERICA - COMING DOWN
VIVIAN GIRLS - TELL THE WORLD
BLANK DOGS - EPIC MOVES
MUTATORS - INSTINCT
THE MUSLIMS - EXTINCTION
MORT KRIDEL - DREAMS
PATRIC CATANI - FIGHT THE GUARDS
CHEVEU - MY ANSWER IS YES
NICE FACE - VACANT VORTEX VAGINA
HEX DISPENSERS - THE CRONE
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?j2joznmmdk5
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.02.2008, 01:46 PM   #262
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
71% loaded. Mixed by a spastic, in my case.

Funnily enough, I can beat match ok, and scratch to a reasonable degree (not quite club-headline standard, but back-of-a-bar standard) but you have to stick to similar-ish music then, and that's quite boring for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.02.2008, 01:46 PM   #263
al shabbray

is there a timeimit for the mixes?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.02.2008, 01:47 PM   #264
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
I made this for a friend. I might as well post it on here too.

CLOCKCLEANER - VOMITING MIRRORS
PINK REASON - THROW IT AWAY
EAT SKULL - PUNK TRIPS
ACID EATER - DRIVE TO C.P.
PUMICE - SICK BAY DUVET
ALAN VEGA - EVERYONE IS A WINNER
EL - P - STEPFATHER FACTORY
THE ELECTRIC BUNNIES - EAT WORMS
PLUXUS - CARAVILLE
MELT BANANA - CRACKED PLASTER CAST
PSYCHEDELIC HORSESHIT -RATHER DULL
MF DOOM - FRIENDZ
VINCENT OVER THE SINK - I FOUND THE GENIE
THE UNITES STATES OF AMERICA - COMING DOWN
VIVIAN GIRLS - TELL THE WORLD
BLANK DOGS - EPIC MOVES
MUTATORS - INSTINCT
THE MUSLIMS - EXTINCTION
MORT KRIDEL - DREAMS
PATRIC CATANI - FIGHT THE GUARDS
CHEVEU - MY ANSWER IS YES
NICE FACE - VACANT VORTEX VAGINA
HEX DISPENSERS - THE CRONE
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?j2joznmmdk5

Do you ever play out? I'd like to hear you DJ-ing. I realise that it's not the most popular of niches you'd carve, but I'm sure somewhere like Kosmiche or the Foundry or that sort of arty fag-hole would lap up your 'shit'.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 11.02.2008, 01:47 PM   #265
sarramkrop

Originally it was about 40 minutes or something like that, but it doesn't really matter.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.02.2008, 01:51 PM   #266
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Do you ever play out? I'd like to hear you DJ-ing. I realise that it's not the most popular of niches you'd carve, but I'm sure somewhere like Kosmiche or the Foundry or that sort of arty fag-hole would lap up your 'shit'.

I submit mixes to places, but there aren't many that call themselves 'alternative' which seem daring. The sad thing is that sometimes you get people who dj and start playing shit like ambient music for people who really only want to dance, just because they want to appear cool. I dj'ed at the foundry before, and would like to do it at the george tavern 'cause it's a nice place and the crowds seem to genuinely enjoy themselves.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.02.2008, 01:56 PM   #267
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
I submit mixes to places, but there aren't many that call themselves 'alternative' which seem daring. The sad thing is that sometimes you get people who dj and start playing shit like ambient music for people who really only want to dance, just because they want to appear cool. I dj'ed at the foundry before, and would like to do it at the george tavern 'cause it's a nice place and the crowds seem to genuinely enjoy themsleves.

I've always found DJing to be difficult. DJing for indie kids... they wouldn't dance to anything. You put fucking Billie Jean or Funkadelic on, HHC or DHR, still no-one's fucking moving. And playing to dance crowds I've been told that you can't play (insert dance music type) at a (insert dance music type) show. I'd love to find a bar where I can just sit in the corner and not piss people off too much while playing some tunes. One day...

Quote:
Old 11.02.2008, 02:00 PM   #268
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice's mix

Track listing to follow, possibly.

Quote:
Old 11.02.2008, 02:01 PM   #269
sarramkrop

Quote:
I've always found DJing to be difficult. DJing for indie kids... they wouldn't dance to anything. You put fucking Billie Jean or Funkadelic on, HHC or DHR, still no-one's fucking moving. And playing to dance crowds I've been told that you can't play (insert dance music type) at a (insert dance music type) show. I'd love to find a bar where I can just sit in the corner and not piss people off too much while playing some tunes. One day...

The thing that bugs me about a lot of places is not so much the music they play, but the fact that they play the same records all the time, which is not the point of having a DJ in a club in the first place. People do go out and would like to hear new music, but your bog standard pub would rather play it safe. Some places have great DJ's, though. Yesterday i went out and the music was so good I've danced for hours without ever feeling tired.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.02.2008, 02:06 PM   #270
sarramkrop

Quote:
Glice's mix

Track listing to follow, possibly.

thanks.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.02.2008, 02:14 PM   #271
al shabbray

Quote:
The thing that bugs me about a lot of places is not so much the music they play, but the fact that they play the same records all the time, which is not the point of having a DJ in a club in the first place. People do go out and would like to hear new music, but your bog standard pub would rather play it safe. Some places have great DJ's, though. Yesterday i went out and the music was so good I've danced for hours without ever feeling tired.

damn I always thought the english folks were more interested in listening to new stuff then to hear everytime the same songs.
I thought that is a german club phenomenon
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.02.2008, 02:20 PM   #272
sarramkrop

it depends on where you go, obviously. there are places that play good music. i've listened to some pretty incredible grime mixes recently.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.02.2008, 02:28 PM   #273
al shabbray

is grime/dubstep still the sound of the moment in london?

a few years back I would have killed to be on a grimeparty
in germany its like you find a new club where they are playing new tunes, but if you recently check, you will notice that they always repeating themselves in what they play. maybe I am just in the wrong clubs and/or too often
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2008, 04:32 PM   #274
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Here is Fox Mix #1

http://rapidshare.de/files/40829210/Fox_Mix__1.mp3.html

it's around 56 minutes long. Hope you'll like it
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2008, 06:14 PM   #275
jimbrim
expwy. to yr skull

jimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by al shabbray
is grime/dubstep still the sound of the moment in london?

yeah they're both still very popular sounds in england. although, when I'm out and about nowadays I hear dubstep a lot more than grime.
jimbrim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2008, 06:23 AM   #276
sarramkrop

glice - can you please upload your mix to mediafire or something else other than rapidshare, please? it hasn't been working for me in the past few days.

nefeli - i don't know.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2008, 12:04 PM   #277
Glice
invito al cielo

Yup, will do.

Quote:
Old 11.04.2008, 01:59 PM   #278
Glice
invito al cielo

Second time lucky

Innit?

Quote:
Old 11.04.2008, 02:48 PM   #279
sarramkrop

thanks
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2008, 05:18 PM   #280
al shabbray

here is one by me, its 33 minutes, a lil bit short, but after audacity crashed 2 times when Ive finished over 20 minutes of mixing I am glad that I still had the patience to finish this one. hope you enjoy

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=f...d402 3f37ead6
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
111213 14 151617 >
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth