Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Brighten The Corners reissue announced
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.06.2009, 01:15 AM   #121
dionysusundone
the end of the ugly

dionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard sucka
WZ as an album has never done it for me. I like Brighten The Corners better, and it's got their cover of "The Killing Moon" on the reissue so I like this one better.
Old 06.10.2009, 07:11 PM   #122
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
New vinyl edition with 8 new tracks that weren't on the cd reissue.

http://www.matadorrecords.com/matabl...vinyl-june-23/

On June 23 we will finally be releasing one of the deluxe Pavement reissues on vinyl. Originally slated to come out at the same time as the double CD last fall, endless production issues held up the package.

You can preorder it HERE

The set contains 4 HQ-120 gram LPs pressed at RTI in a heavy-duty matte-stock folding cardboard gatefold set, as depicted above. It also contains a 16-page 12″ by 12″ full-color matte-stock booklet, plus a download card for all 48 tracks.

Note! the vinyl contains 8 tracks that would not fit on the CD version (some of which were only discovered after that set was released). They are:

* Westie Can Drum (Elastica) - previously unreleased recording
* Stereo (Remix) - remixed by Steve Fisk for the second pressing of the promotional single for radio
* Agony Of The Stars - unreleased song recorded for the film ‘Sweethearts’
* Birds in the Majic Industry - B-side to “Stereo” CD single (a second, unreleased version was on the double CD of the album, and is also included here)
* Painted Soldiers - unreleased, live from KCRW 2/25/97
* What Goes On - a Velvet Underground cover, unreleased, live from KCRW 2/25/97
* Kris Kraft - unreleased, live from KRW 2/25/97
* And Then (7″ version) - B-side to “Spit On A Stranger” 7″

That last track, the majestic, monumental 7″ version of “And Then” (a version of the song also known as “The Hexx”) was originally intended to be the opening track of the Brighten The Corners release. The band decided to remove it entirely and relegate it to a B-side at the very last minute.

We know that this is expensive… and we know that many of you have already spent your hard-earned dollars on the double CD version. Unfortunately the economics of producing deluxe sets like this one (in either format), combined with the timing problems that bedevil this kind of release, means that we are not in a position to offer people any discount or buy-back. Sorry. If this one proves successful, then we will move forward with vinyl releases on the previous three deluxe editions.

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2009, 07:14 PM   #123
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I know. Jerks. I'm not buying it a third time. And I'm sure "For Sale, The Preston School Of Industry" is not present. Is it? Is it?????

No it's not. But goddammit. A VU cover. Plus the original 7" version of "And Then" which was super good. But not THAT different than the one on the CD reissue.

I really wonder what will be on the Terror Twilight reissue. Probably just the last live show.
Old 06.10.2009, 07:39 PM   #124
HECKLER SPRAY
invito al cielo

HECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's asses
Ah ah, the one on the Slow Century DvD ???
Well, it's a bit... sad. It's not the most glorious moment of the band. Malkmus was acting like a twat on stage.
Concerning the re-reissue, well, I will save my money for the next one, I don't need a 14th version of The Hexx/And Then or a remix of Stereo... I'd prefer "For Sale...", too.
But the packaging seems to be great.

HECKLER SPRAY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2009, 07:42 PM   #125
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Yes, the one on SLOW CENTURY. See, the song was recorded for a radio broadcast, and the radio station wants $$$$$$ to release it.
Old 06.10.2009, 07:48 PM   #126
HECKLER SPRAY
invito al cielo

HECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I know, it's a german radio if I remember rightly.
I hope they will put it on the last reissue nevertheless...

HECKLER SPRAY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2009, 08:24 PM   #127
noisereductions
invito al cielo

They won't. They talked about it (sadly) when BTC reissue came out. The station wanted more $ than the entire project cost. So they said "we're sorry fans". I just can't believe there was no other recording of this amazing track.
Old 06.11.2009, 12:44 AM   #128
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
That sucks. I wish they'd have released them as vinyl with digital downloads from the beginning. I really want that. Don't have enough cash though and I already bought the cd.
SonikJesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.11.2009, 02:15 AM   #129
dionysusundone
the end of the ugly

dionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard sucka
I never bought the cd reissue so I might buy this. How much are they selling it for?
Old 06.11.2009, 02:16 AM   #130
dionysusundone
the end of the ugly

Nevermind just looked 65 bux. That IS a lot...
Old 06.11.2009, 02:53 AM   #131
Jeremy
100%

Jeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's asses
I love BTC, my second favorite Pavement record, but this to me is somewhat of a ripoff. $65 for more pictures and eight new songs, a few of which they could have put on the CD version?

Hopefully the other remasters on vinyl don't cost as much....

~Jeremy~

Jeremy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.11.2009, 04:11 PM   #132
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
Wait, how much music fits on each record? 40 minutes? ?????????
SonikJesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.11.2009, 04:41 PM   #133
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
Shit. I love BTC, but you've gotta be outta yr fuckin' mind to pay $65 for that.

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth