Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page The Wire : 2007 Rewind 50 Records Of The Year
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.29.2007, 12:30 PM   #61
lunberg
bad moon rising

lunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to behold
I will NEVER Download any Burial again. I blacklisted this fool due to the gayness of untrue. Everyone was like "This is revolutionary dubstep bla bla bla" and i was weak enough to trust them. Someone said it sounded like Craig David. Spot on.
lunberg is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.29.2007, 12:58 PM   #62
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
hahahaha, craig david!!!!

i have a soft spot for that song "can you fill me in", it's a great song and dude can sing.

the other day i heard one of his newer songs, he samples bowie's "let's dance" and it was...hahahahah...no.

but burial is like some guy just discovering how to sample or something, some of his "songs" are good, others are very by the numbers and unengaging. i am talking about the first album since i feel really lazy to listen to the second.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.29.2007, 01:03 PM   #63
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I think the thing with Burial is that he's just alright. If he was given the press coverage of a lesser sort, people would quite rightly have a take-him-or-leave-him approach. As it is, he's got a high profile which is at odds with how much people (outside of the various tributary scenes of dubstep) actually like him. I know a few Grime/ Dubstep/ DnB/ Hip-hop sorts who genuinely think he's a amazing, but if that's not your bag it's probably impossible to see what the fuss is beyond - "hey, that's alright, innit?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.29.2007, 01:57 PM   #64
RdTv
invito al cielo

RdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
Eh, when all else fails and you've argued your point to it's furthest extent, just remember: it's not really that important

In the contexts of this magical, whimsical and surreal message board we post on, it is surely something of notice! (I know its not life or death but I get carried away.)
RdTv is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.29.2007, 03:50 PM   #65
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RdTv
In the contexts of this magical, whimsical and surreal message board we post on, it is surely something of notice! (I know its not life or death but I get carried away.)

I know, and I was not being critical, just trying to give you a little peace of mind so you could go on with your day in an enjoyable manner

EDIT: THREAD KILL!!!!
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth