Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page KYLE MacLACHLAN - “DIANE: THE TWIN PEAKS TAPES OF AGENT COOPER” (1990)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.25.2006, 03:26 PM   #1
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.postpunkjunk.com/

Conceived as a audiocassette promotional product tie-in with the then-current TV series, this is a montage of all the times during the first season of “Twin Peaks” that Agent Cooper, so expertly played by Kyle MacLachlan, talks to the mysterious “Diane”, his assisstant back at the FBI headquarters. TwinPeaks.org mentions:
The tape includes such gems of Cooperian philosophy as “Leasing may be the fast track to affluence, but equity will keep you warm at night.”
I remember seeing this for sale back when it came out, stuck in the magazine racks at the Ralphs supermarket near my house when I was a kid (the show was originally on-the-air right as I was finishing elementary school). I had two similarly precocious friends at that school, who remain close to me to this day, who would watch every broadcast episode. I was mostly unfamiliar with the inter-character relationships and the arcs of the overall show when they took me to the cinema to see “Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me”, which subsequently changed my life. The film makes as little sense now as it did then, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth