Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page A Sonic Youth Greatest Hits
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.17.2008, 02:03 PM   #1
Diomote
empty page

Diomote has much to be proud ofDiomote has much to be proud ofDiomote has much to be proud ofDiomote has much to be proud ofDiomote has much to be proud ofDiomote has much to be proud ofDiomote has much to be proud ofDiomote has much to be proud ofDiomote has much to be proud of
i've been waiting for one but i don't think they'll ever do it
so many songs!
what songs do you think would be on it?

Diomote is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2008, 02:06 PM   #2
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
"Screaming Fields Of Sonic Love" and "Hits Are For Squares" are both, essentially, greatest hits albums.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2008, 02:07 PM   #3
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
i don't think they should do a greatest hits. not until they break up at least. i usually hate greatest hits though.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2008, 02:09 PM   #4
Diomote
empty page

Diomote has much to be proud ofDiomote has much to be proud ofDiomote has much to be proud ofDiomote has much to be proud ofDiomote has much to be proud ofDiomote has much to be proud ofDiomote has much to be proud ofDiomote has much to be proud ofDiomote has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
"Screaming Fields Of Sonic Love" and "Hits Are For Squares" are both, essentially, greatest hits albums.
true but not for their entire music career, if they ever break up though (which i doubt will ever happen) they most definetly should

Old 05.17.2008, 02:11 PM   #5
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhler
i don't think they should do a greatest hits. not until they break up at least. i usually hate greatest hits though.

I kind of agree with this.

Greatest hits are good if you don't own any music by whatever band and want a collection of good stuff. I find though, on many greatest hits albums that they aren't the songs I really really enjoy.

EMMAh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2008, 02:14 PM   #6
Diomote
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMMAh
I kind of agree with this.

Greatest hits are good if you don't own any music by whatever band and want a collection of good stuff. I find though, on many greatest hits albums that they aren't the songs I really really enjoy.

i have only nine albums not inclding the syrs and i want to collect all sixteen or seveteen but in my opinion most of the time greatest hits cds suck but are always the finishing peice to any bands collection

Old 05.17.2008, 02:40 PM   #8
Diomote
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
this is stupid.

Old 05.17.2008, 02:46 PM   #9
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
if you think you are such a big poser as to need a fucking deal fulfiller, money grab uninspired compilation, then go ahead and wish to waste your money.

or burn your own one, asswipe.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2008, 02:49 PM   #10
Diomote
empty page

Quote:
if you think you are such a big poser as to need a fucking deal fulfiller, money grab uninspired compilation, then go ahead and wish to waste your money.

or burn your own one, asswipe.
chill the hell out and get a life instead of insulting people on forums

Old 05.17.2008, 02:50 PM   #11
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomote
true but not for their entire music career, if they ever break up though (which i doubt will ever happen) they most definetly should

Well at the moment they haven't released anything since "Hits Are For Squares" came about, so I'd say it is a career-long retrospective. So far.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2008, 02:52 PM   #12
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomote
chill the hell out and get a life instead of insulting people on forums

hey, you started with that middle finger, young man.

now go to your room and stop thinking about greatest hits...which, by the way, if it happened, would only include "kool thing" since that's their only hit.
Old 05.17.2008, 02:56 PM   #13
Diomote
empty page

Quote:
hey, you started with that middle finger, young man.

now go to your room and stop thinking about greatest hits...which, by the way, if it happened, would only include "kool thing" since that's their only hit.
um i think you said "this is stupid" word for word. so mind your bussiness and if you think kool thing is their only hit get off this forum

Old 05.17.2008, 03:14 PM   #14
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

hahahahaha "get off this board"

hahahahahahahahahahaha.

a hit means a song that has been played on the radio and is bought enough so that it makes the charts of the most played/sold songs at the moment, and as awesome as sy's music is, pretty much none of it has charted.

learn your terms, sonny.

you should leave this board if you think you need a greatest hits to really like a band.
Old 05.17.2008, 03:18 PM   #15
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
well it was their only hit that you can say was a hit. bull in the heather comes close.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2008, 04:23 PM   #16
o'connor
expwy. to yr skull

o'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asses
did hits for squares already come out?

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001798646886 - Personal

http://soundcloud.com/j-o-c-o - JoCo (Music)

http://soundcloud.com/driftera - Drift Era (Music)
o'connor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2008, 05:21 PM   #17
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
Everyneurotic strikes again...

What a piece of work. I told him he could have a free Greatest hits CD but In exchange he'd have to let me spend an evening with his Mexican grandmother...

http://danielcima.com/Artists/689/Im...0WomanDONE.jpg
Old 05.17.2008, 05:41 PM   #18
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
this thread could have been so much cooler if you all just shut up and listed what you would think would be an awesome greatest hits track list

like personal hits but retrospective list
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2008, 05:43 PM   #19
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Greatest Hits are good maybe for lame mainstream rock bands who are built off singles.

Needless to say, that's not Sonic Youth.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2008, 05:50 PM   #20
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
You make it sound like Sonic Youth aren't mainstream. Anyways I've seen greatest hits put out by some great bands just as relatively known as Sonic Youth. Ear-Bleeding Country is a pretty great "best of" compilation.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth