Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page post comething completely irrelevant!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.10.2014, 09:36 AM   #37421
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli

i have guilts about 2 things in my life and one is about her. not seeing her much the last years even though she lived across my place. i will never forgive myself for that.

That really really sucks. And as far as I know, the only way to get rid of the guilt is to forgive yourself. I'm told that's a difficult trick to pull off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor

Talked with my mom earlier and my Grandfather is doing about the same today......and we wait.

Ug. More sucking. There really is a huge difference between quality of life and quantity, isn't there? After a point, is one more day a blessing or just a burden?

Anyway, our situations may be different, but everyone felt tremendous relief when she passed and yesterday's funeral was actually a fairly joyous occasion. I hope your family finds the same comforting closure.

---

Lesson I learned: How to get over fear of death? Live nine decades.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.10.2014, 10:17 AM   #37422
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I always live knowing that the "later years" of life are not guaranteed to anyone.

My father died when I was 17. He was 44.

Living your life as if you are waiting or preparing for old age is not productive. Not doing things because "It will take 5 years off your life" is pointless. It will take the last years of your life, (if you are lucky to live that long anyways) ...

My ex-grandma in law lived to be 95. She lived alone in a little appartment with her plants for 94 years before her health crashed and she was placed in hospice care.

My grandma is 99. My aunt who takes care of my grandma is 73, has a 91 year old husband, and is burdened with taking care of two invalids, both deaf, both ornery and not choosing to wear hearing aids... She tells me it is so hard. She also tells me that seeing them (her mom and husband) lets her understand that if you want to do something DO IT NOW. Do not wait for the "right time" The right time is NOW. she wants to smoke weed, she wants a tattoo, she wants to live life that she did not get to in her previous 73 years.

My father in law is 87 years old, and for the last 10 years has told anyone who listens how he is tired, nothing interests him anymore, all his friends are dead, and that life seems pretty pointless to him. He never drank, he smoked cigs for 60 years, is in near perfect health except for diabetes and sciatic nerve damage in his hip, and looks 20 years younger than he is, but he is FED UP.

Life is different for everyone, and the idea that there is ONE path in life, ONE end goal, only one way to "successfully" live, is a fucking disgrace and a disservice to all humans.
Old 07.10.2014, 11:43 AM   #37423
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Ug. More sucking. There really is a huge difference between quality of life and quantity, isn't there? After a point, is one more day a blessing or just a burden?

sounds like a fucking burden imo.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.10.2014, 01:34 PM   #37424
pony
the end of the ugly

pony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's asses
I am talking to this polish boy, he is fly, let me tell you.

Also, classes are over and my apartment is clean somehow and I feel comfy, this is nice. I am a bit sad cause people keep emailing me about how they won't be able to make it to my birthday party on monday

I want everyone to feel nice, can we please all feel nice? I will give you some of my magic potion and we can all feel nice together. We'll be a bit sleepy but that's okay. Sleepy is nice.

All I want for my birthday is sunshine and to be in a good mood, but my mum bought me the new iphone and two really ugly mugs. the mugs i adore because no one is going to steal ugly mugs.
pony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.10.2014, 04:23 PM   #37425
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

This is the existential struggle that is no different when folks are 15, 55, or 95, how to simply enjoy living? THIS is what people get into religion and philosophy for, to help find some sense of purpose and meaning to life. The purpose of life is to live well with others, and learn over time to live well with yourself. If that takes God to make ones feel valued, that is one route, if folks feel they can find internal value without the help of God(s) that is cool too, but finding peace within ones' self is the penultimate goal of life. Religion isn't about finding what is wrong with other people, its about finding and healing what is wrong with yourself, and those who try and misuse religion to prop up their egos are really only riding for a fall..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony
the mugs i adore because no one is going to steal ugly mugs.

No, but there are a lot of motherfuckers that break what they refuse to steal

Either way, happy birthday yo, like Jimi said, "I wish you peace, love, and happiness.. happiness..happiness.."

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.11.2014, 01:17 AM   #37426
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
what Rob said.

books and poetry must have been written for this absurd relationship between people and time.

and a side note; thats why i dont agree with the term 'midlife crisis'.
the negative flair around it.
Nefeli is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.11.2014, 05:56 AM   #37427
pony
the end of the ugly

pony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's asses
the title "brave men run (in m family)" makes my head hurt

do the brave men (the ones she has in her family) run
or
do brave men run in her family, is it something that occurs in her family often
or
do brave men (whom she is not related to) run to wherever her family is
Old 07.11.2014, 07:39 AM   #37428
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Maybe she has brave men who, in her family, enjoy running as a form of exercise?
Old 07.11.2014, 08:06 AM   #37429
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i thought it was about thruston fleeing
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.11.2014, 09:30 AM   #37430
pony
the end of the ugly

is he brave tho
Old 07.11.2014, 10:27 AM   #37431
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
All of the days and hours that turn into the moments leading up to a loved one dying......soon time won't matter anymore.

The final moments......

I was at work Wednesday night when my mom called saying the nursing home called the family in. Because we were short staffed, I couldn't leave work. My wife and 12 year old daughter (turning 12 today - Happy Birthday 80) went in my place to be with my mom and her brother.

Throughout the night, my wife would text me updates. As each hour passed, his pulse, blood-pressure and breathing slowed / lowered.

At 5:52 Thursday morning, my wife texted: he is gone.

I got off work at 7am and made it to the nursing home thirty minutes later. My Grandfather was still in his bed and the family was sitting around waiting for the funeral home to come pick up the body. In a odd way, it was comforting to sit with his body for thirty minutes.

Drove my mom to the funeral home about this time yesterday to meet her brother and make final arrangements. Visitation this evening and the funeral tomorrow morning.

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.11.2014, 10:31 AM   #37432
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i hope you guys are all alright bytor
Old 07.11.2014, 10:43 AM   #37433
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i hope you guys are all alright bytor

Never better!

My Grandfather had a good long run. He grew up in hard times with his family who followed the regional cotton crops to earn a living. To be truthful, we're all a bunch of bitches compared to the true hardships endured by our Grandparents.

I'm looking forward to seeing friends and family we haven't seen in years......probably since the last family funeral. They'll be stories told and lots of laughter mixed in with a few heartfelt tears......and the food
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.11.2014, 11:31 AM   #37434
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Wow...it's nice to see you taking this well. Normally it's easier to mourn the death of the elderly....and exactly for that reason....you realized they had their run. Many are at peace because of it too. Hope all stays well with you guys.
Old 07.11.2014, 11:54 AM   #37435
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I'm looking forward to seeing friends and family we haven't seen in years......probably since the last family funeral. They'll be stories told and lots of laughter mixed in with a few heartfelt tears......and the food

Quote:
yesterday's funeral was actually a fairly joyous occasion

I'm very happy for you and your family that the difficult part is over with.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.11.2014, 01:57 PM   #37436
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I'm very happy for you and your family that the difficult part is over with.

same here!
Old 07.11.2014, 02:04 PM   #37437
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
i'll light a candle for him on Sunday, in fact, a dear family friend passed away last night too who I loved more than I realized.. I got to light a few candles on Sunday

Old 07.11.2014, 02:09 PM   #37438
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony
the title "brave men run (in m family)" makes my head hurt

do the brave men (the ones she has in her family) run
or
do brave men run in her family, is it something that occurs in her family often
or
do brave men (whom she is not related to) run to wherever her family is

it is a pun.

Brave men run in her family (the men in her family are brave)

OR

Brave men run in my family (the men in her family RUN LIKE FUCK to get away)

great song
Old 07.14.2014, 07:06 PM   #37439
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...xuA8CmwkmZ5e56

Old 07.14.2014, 09:55 PM   #37440
foreverasskiss
Banned

foreverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's asses
^^^HARD LOL!!! hahaha!!

Such, ill giveyou a massage for that shit!! must spread.
foreverasskiss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
1372177218221862186918701871 1872 187318741875188219221972 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth