Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page protest in england for student fees in universities
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.01.2010, 05:22 PM   #81
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
quit generalising.

That's not a generalization.
Old 12.01.2010, 05:50 PM   #82
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gast30
but what can he say to the lil homiez?

first who wants to be called homies
it's sort of a sociophatic you and i are in the same team
even if you think in your mind 'get lost whit that crap'

and lowering yourself to lil is a riduculous thing
the childeren, the childeren
what about the childeren?

start looking at your own life

the only message for young and old is
we are in the future

don't disrespect peoples' culture because you think you may be more cultured with your pseudo-poetic posts here, and I see the lil homiez have never run up on you (probably not sway either ) in front of the corner store and repped they district on you before.. when that day comes you just may be a bit more courteous to their perspective, lest they point the strap and you pose and freeze and suddenly find Jesus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
Major misunderstanding...
indeed, and this is nothing personal, I am attacking your ideas, not you, I rather like you, but your ideas are a farce. You shoulda quit while you were ahead, because..
Quote:

You say no one in America works harder than the poor....I would say this is true, but mostly applies to the poor that have worked their asses off to get wherever it is they are wanting to go. In America, it is easy to be poor. The majority of our poor do not go without food or shelter or utilities...because as you are well aware, there are services in place to take care of these people. Services I pay for...services, in many cases, which are taken advantage of. Services that pay more money per kid for the sometimes non-working. "Well, how do you expect a single parent with 6 children to work?"...I don't, I expect them to not have so many fucking kids. In a perfect world, MY money wouldn't go to aid these people. I don't mind it going toward the single mother of two whose husband ran out on her and she's doing the best she can working at a grocery store...that, I don't mind. I don't mind it going toward the physically disabled.

I'm not about free shit, sorry. I don't see how it could, in all actuality, be free to begin with. There's no such thing as a free lunch...

And again, I think most 18-30 year olds much prefer partying than doing their homework....when they have to pay for it out of their own pockets, I think it ends up being more appreciated. That's just my take, + if this qualifies me as an idiot or an asshole...I'm sorry.

your foot is steadily attracted to your mouth and its getting rather dangerous for ya

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.01.2010, 05:54 PM   #83
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
That's not a generalization.
yes it is.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.01.2010, 06:04 PM   #84
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
yes it is.

Oh yeah, I just realized the vast majority of younger people are more interested in work than fun.

Sorry.

haha
Old 12.01.2010, 06:07 PM   #85
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
You don't refute accusations of generalisations by making a generalisation in the other direction.

"All black people are stupid"

That's a generalisation

"Ok, all black people are really clever"

facepalm.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.01.2010, 06:09 PM   #86
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Oh yeah, I just realized the vast majority of younger people are more interested in work than fun.

Sorry.

haha
you are making an assumption about a specific group of people hence it is a generalisation.

i know people my age and older who are very very hard workers academically and i find it insulting that you would generalise about this when you have no fucking clue. if someone puts 'fun' ahead of academics then they probably wouldn't even qualify for university anyway. i'm not saying all work and no play is what young people should act out but you have the completely wrong idea.
Old 12.01.2010, 06:12 PM   #87
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
you are making an assumption about a specific group of people hence it is a generalisation.

i know people my age and older who are very very hard workers academically and i find it insulting that you would generalise about this when you have no fucking clue. if someone puts 'fun' ahead of academics then they probably wouldn't even qualify for university anyway. i'm not saying all work and no play is what young people should act out but you have the completely wrong idea.

In fairness, you young people do dress terribly and listen to ghastly music. Why don't you send a 'tweet' to all young people to stop being annoying, eh? Oh, and tell them to get a fucking haircut, they all look like malnourished rapists.

Edit: And tell the fit ones that aren't spotty I'm single. Ta.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 12.01.2010, 06:14 PM   #88
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

There's a big difference between "vast majority" and "all".

I'm sorry, just most younger people I've ever met are far more interested in in drinking, music, partying, cars, girls/boys whatever than say....homework. If this was not the case, this thread would have went into a totally different direction a long time ago.
Old 12.01.2010, 06:15 PM   #89
Derek
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
In fairness, you young people lot do dress terribly and listen to ghastly music. Why don't you send a 'tweet' to all young people to stop being annoying, eh? Oh, and tell them to get a fucking haircut, they all look like malnourished rapists.
I assure you I have a suave style, have great music taste and understand why it's named TWITter.

I have reason to believe you used to sport the 'male ponytail' look though, so your point about hair is null.

Quote:
In fairness, you young people lot do dress terribly and listen to ghastly music. Why don't you send a 'tweet' to all young people to stop being annoying, eh? Oh, and tell them to get a fucking haircut, they all look like malnourished rapists.
Does this mean suburban Scotland is more academic than the durty South? One up, you cuntz.
Old 12.01.2010, 06:17 PM   #90
Glice
invito al cielo

Ok, put it another way (as you seem to have rescinded on the option of going 'oh, right, I get you, sorry about that') - if your article was a wikipedia article, someone would put 'weasel words' above 'vast majority'. Vast majority is a generalisation, especially as it's unqualifiable; 'in my experience, many students...' is fine.

Quote:
Old 12.01.2010, 06:19 PM   #91
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
I assure you I have a suave style, have great music taste and understand why it's named TWITter.

I have reason to believe you used to sport the 'male ponytail' look though, so your point about hair is null.

Does this mean suburban Scotland is more academic than the durty South? One up, you cuntz.

Well, obviously you were still struggling with nappy training for the VERY LONG TIME that ponytails were a shortcut to more fanny than a wholesale butcher's worth of fanny.

Quote:
Old 12.01.2010, 06:21 PM   #92
Derek
invito al cielo

I'm just annoyed because I've been working 6 hours straight on homework (which has been since I've came home from school) and am now going to continue on some more work. So... swa(y)'s bullshit came at an inappropiate time.

Quote:
Well, obviously you were still struggling with nappy training for the VERY LONG TIME that ponytails were a shortcut to more fanny than a wholesale butcher's worth of fanny.
Sorry I didn't know having traits of an anime fanatic was a gateway to lavish gurrrl-o-rama. Did you have a pork belly and ironic internet quote t-shirt also?
Old 12.01.2010, 06:22 PM   #93
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:

I'm not making an assumption about a specific group of people, I'm stating a fact that applies to most people, period.

"Most young people prefer fun to hard work".

I find it insulting that anyone would be ignorant enough to even attempt disputing that.

You perhaps have the right idea as to how things should be, but that isn't nec. the way they are. I forget how many people flunk out of universities due to excessive partying. Lord knows this never happens.
Old 12.01.2010, 06:26 PM   #94
Glice
invito al cielo

The statement assumes that fun and hard work are mutually exclusive categories.

The statement assumes a single hegemonous state of fun. Some people consider skewering their testicles to be fun. Some don't.

The statement assumes a bifurcation between 'fun' and 'hard work' - that is, you can't have fun for a bit and then do some hard work.

It is not a fact, it is an assertion; Derek is affirming that that assertion is iffy. For my part, I'm waiting for a CD to burn, and then I might have a whiskey then continue giggling to myself.

Quote:
Old 12.01.2010, 06:29 PM   #95
Derek
invito al cielo

Quote:

The statement assumes a single hegemonous state of fun. Some people consider skewering their testicles to be fun. Some don't.

The statement assumes a bifurcation between 'fun' and 'hard work' - that is, you can't have fun for a bit and then do some hard work.

It is not a fact, it is an assertion; Derek is affirming that that assertion is iffy. For my part, I'm waiting for a CD to burn, and then I might have a whiskey then continue giggling to myself.
sway, just pretend I wrote this post and there you have my rebuttal.
Old 12.01.2010, 06:29 PM   #96
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:

No, Derek is attempting to affirm that my assertion holds absolutely no water....which is way off target.
Old 12.01.2010, 06:30 PM   #97
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
sway, just pretend I wrote this post and there you have my rebuttal.

Smart.
Old 12.01.2010, 06:30 PM   #98
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:

Sorry I didn't know having traits of an anime fanatic was a gateway to lavish gurrrl-o-rama. Did you have a pork belly and ironic internet quote t-shirt also?
The traits of an anime fanatic are that they become an anime fanatic because they don't have fanny coming out of their arseholes; as such, I do not meet your criteria. I do want this on a t-shirt though:

Also, in my day we didn't give lip to our superiors. Our elders, certainly, but never our superiors. Playground rules, innit?

Quote:
Old 12.01.2010, 06:31 PM   #99
Derek
invito al cielo

Quote:
No, Derek is affirming that my assertion holds absolutely no water....which is way off target.
Quote:
i'm not saying all work and no play is what young people should act out but you have the completely wrong idea.
I wasn't denying that students like to party. But your argument completely leans on one side when what you are arguing is not black or white.

Quote:
Also, in my day we didn't give lip to our superiors. Our elders, certainly, but never our superiors. Playground rules, innit?
Sorry sir, I will repent for my sins. Just don't take my lunch money.
Old 12.01.2010, 06:31 PM   #100
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
wow...
Derek's and Glice's asshole must be so tight they hit a high C when they fart.
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth