Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page your earliest memories?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.08.2010, 01:35 AM   #1
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
i was talking with someone the other day about this, they said earliest memories are nearly always bad things happening but i disagree. mine was being in my pushchair on a nice summers day looking at the trees and sky then looking down at my feet and wanting to run around. whats yours?

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2010, 02:02 AM   #2
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
I remember sitting on my dad's shoulders as he walked through the snow. I was scared/crying. Must have been while we were living in Spokane, considering the snow. + clearly I was very little being that I couldn't walk through it myself. This is probably my earliest memory...that, or either one I have of holding my little brother while my mom was (maybe) getting ready for work. I was sitting on the couch holding him...I'm only two years older than he is which would mean I was likely 3 or 4....actually, this would have happened after the snow incident because I remember the couch we were sitting on, and it was in Florida (where we moved to after Spokane).

A Big Bird birthday cake. I remember seeing it, and knowing that it was mine...but no idea how old I was.

A canine dog locked up in a fence. My dad was an MP during his earlier years in the military...it was def. before I started elementary school. I felt a kinship with that dog but refused to go anywhere near it. Maybe I wasn't allowed.

Being poor and living w/ my mom in the 'hood. Living in this house with a huge ditch around it. Living mostly off of cereal an corn dogs. I would have been in kindergarten or maybe first grade. She'd separated from my dad and it was shortly before he gained custody of me + my bro. She'd regain it the summer before fifth grade, after me/dad/bro returned from Okinawa, and thankfully she'd be in a better financial situation.
Old 09.08.2010, 02:31 AM   #3
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Lying in bed and hearing Hall and Oates' "Maneater", and being scared to death because I thought they were singing about a lady who literally ate men.
Old 09.08.2010, 02:39 AM   #4
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Mine is something similar to jon boy's. We had a push-swing (something like this) in the back porch of my house and I remember my mom pushing me on it early in the morning and listening to an owl hoot in the distance.

It's also one of my favorite memories of my whole life.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2010, 02:42 AM   #5
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
i was talking with someone the other day about this, they said earliest memories are nearly always bad things happening but i disagree. mine was being in my pushchair on a nice summers day looking at the trees and sky then looking down at my feet and wanting to run around. whats yours?
Mine is you on a wheelchair.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2010, 02:53 AM   #6
Murmer99
stalker

Murmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's asses
i remember in day care i liked this girl. i was probably 3 or 4. we would send things to each other and believe it or not i remember my mom putting me on the phone with her. one day some other kid gave her this heart shaped candy... i think. and she started liking him and i got mad. during recess there was this tall ass thing.. i dont know how to describe it. but we all climbed to the top of it every time. and the kid who gave the girl candy was there. i ran towards him and pushed him off the top and he fell all the way to the ground. and i remember it being really fuckin tall...

one time this kid i didn't know in day care randomly ran up to me and kicked me in the stomach while screaming power rangers or some shit. and he did it right in front of the ladies that watched us and they acted like he was an angel who did nothing. how cruel!

I also remember a dog named Molly that we used to own. i picked her out myself when we were buying puppies. and one day she was in this fence that we built. it was more like a giant cage. and it was divided into two by a fence in the middle. and somehow Molly's head got stuck under the entire fence and her head was squeezed between the ground and the fence.. i remember crying. unfortunately she passed away a few years ago.

there was also a birthday.. i could never remember how old i was but Barney was on my cake as i had an obsession with Barney...

oh this is embarassing, when i was little i used to walk behind my couch and randomly hump the floor. i had no idea why i did it but i always had the urge to. and i would get random boners in public without really acknowleding why my penis was getting bigger.

hope that's not too personal!...
Murmer99 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2010, 06:15 AM   #7
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
seeing a girl with her shirt full of puke walking around on the playground, and the teachers looking for who just puked.

a friend trying to scare me saying that her dad has a bazooka and that he'd kill me.

my dad doing cartwheels for me in the park, wearing cowboy boots.

my uncle doing magic tricks for me and my cousins

a teacher being amazed because i could read at 4. it was normal to me so i didn't understand why she was so surprised.

my dad making my hair into one big spike with shampoo.

getting cookies when my youngest brother was born.

my mother telling me our first cat had been hit by a car.

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2010, 06:32 AM   #8
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Sitting on uncle jimmy's bright red carpet looking for fred in a maze on the back of a box of fruity pebbles. Imust have been around 3 or4. Most things r blurry since mamma died. I find new pieces when I start writing.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2010, 06:35 AM   #9
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
This is serious: my first memory in life is my dad changing my diaper as I was pissing everywhere. I was 9 years old.

BA DUM CRASH.

That is seriously my earliest memory though... pissing all over myself and my dad. Fitting, I guess, since my dad is the worst person in the entire world. I also remember watching a RoboCop cartoon -- was there a RoboCop cartoon? I remember watching it. And eating oatmeal.

edit: Hey! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RoboCop...nimated_Series

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2010, 06:37 AM   #10
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
THERE WAS A RAMBO CARTOON?!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rambo_%...ated_series%29

WHAT?!

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2010, 06:51 AM   #11
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Me running around like crazy, then stopping at a mirror and talking to myself

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2010, 08:05 AM   #12
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
I remember getting a crawling doll. I don't know if that's my first memory, I remember opening the box and the smell of doll was the best thing ever, but the wrapping seemed way more fascinating than a doll that did what I did.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2010, 09:22 AM   #13
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
My earliest memory is a fuzzy one, of me sitting on a cold tile floor, and hearing someone calling to me and looking up and an older man is leaning with arms outstretched towards me, while sitting in an easy chair/recliner. I can describe the chair the flor the man but nothing else around.

I told my mom this because I have "dreamed" or remembered this memory so many times, and it is actually a baby/toddler memory of me and my mom's dad/my grandpa, who died when I was 2 years old. Hard to believe I can remember something from when I was a baby, but there it is....
Old 09.08.2010, 09:24 AM   #14
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark

I watched EVERY EPISODE of the RAMBO cartoon when it first came out!!!
I had all the Rambo toys, the big bowie knife, the headband, the fake guns and bullets, etc. even the plastic fake jade amulet he gave his vietnamese honeypot in rambo, forst blood part 2, which came with the rambo toy set.
Old 09.08.2010, 11:30 AM   #15
space
expwy. to yr skull

space kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's asses
Huntington Beach, CA/ two years old: captured by sleestaks.

they left the red-headed neighbor. sorry ranga.
space is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2010, 11:34 AM   #16
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
I remember sitting on the floor of my room playing with matchbox cars and my mom cooking in the kitchen.
I think I also remember being completely bored because all of my siblings were at school.
deflinus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2010, 12:16 PM   #17
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
I remember being small enough to take a bath in the sink at my aunt's house. It was a double sink so I'm guessing 3.

this one is definitely 2 years 10 months old and like the original poster said bad memory, My younger brother was a baby in one of those seats with wheels on it, he crashed into the stove and tip over the hot coffee pot all over himself. Seems like he cried for hours.

BTW you must spread some rep before giving it to Amerikangod again. I pissed my pants reading his post.
Old 09.08.2010, 12:22 PM   #18
brak's dad
empty page

brak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's asses
I can fondly remember sitting in my chair arguing with mother about the legitimacy of paint thinner as a house warming gift for our neighbor thunderclese
brak's dad is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2010, 01:50 PM   #19
Green_mind
the end of the ugly

Green_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's asses
I remember being thrown up in the air over and over, no wonder I have a fear fr heights.
Green_mind is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2010, 01:54 PM   #20
viewtiful alan redux
the destroyed room

viewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's asses
I remember sleep walkign while having dreams that I was... well sleep walking.. to the base of the stairs and jumping straight downt hem, and I'd always wake up at the top of the stairs.
Scary in retrospect
I was too little to really process it, but its stuck with me.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth