Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Welcome to North Korea, I mean Toronto
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.28.2010, 08:15 PM   #21
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
Telsa,

MTL is a whole different kettle of fish. Two cities are quite different.

Yup, Harpers way of distributing money to his flock. That is white, conservative, cop type people.
Old 06.30.2010, 05:51 PM   #22
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanaldoNecro
MTL is a whole different kettle of fish. Two cities are quite different.

I'm glad I'm within the first kettle of fish. But yeah, Quebec acts as it's own entity in many ways.
Inhuman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2010, 05:57 PM   #23
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
It is and should continue to be. I am big into cultural uniqueness..
Old 07.01.2010, 01:39 PM   #24
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
you Canadians cannot let this go..

Now that Canada is officially the most oppressive and backward dictatorship in the west, will authorities be allowed to cover-up the Abu-Ghraib style incarceration methods Toronto police engaged in during the G20 summit this past weekend, where women were arrested and subsequently raped by male cops?
In the video below, journalist Amy Miller describes how women arrested by Toronto police were threatened with rape, that numerous women were strip-searched by male officers and that one severely traumatized woman was sexually molested by police who stuck their fingers up her vagina.
“I was told I was going to be gang banged. I was told that I was never going to want to act as a journalist again by making sure I was going to be repeatedly raped while I was in jail,” she said.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2010, 06:17 PM   #25
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, sad that there was TEN - yes TEN times more security investment than the Pittsburgh G20 using our tax money and the police brutality. Montreal has a large number of anti police-brutality activists, but this surpasses the previous acts of brutality that have happened in MTL. The police are making it hard on themselves...

Quote:
It is and should continue to be. I am big into cultural uniqueness..

The MTL vibe is nice, but some take the french culture way too far. Quite a few people I know got as we call "anglo-bashed" for having english mother tongues by people claiming to protect the french culture from us anglophones. There's separatist parades where they chant "Fuck les anglais en Quebec" telling us to get back where we came from. Oh wait - doesn't this land belong to the native americans? Some people are all fascist about it.
Old 07.02.2010, 08:15 AM   #26
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Who made the decision for police to stand down despite the fact the city was under attack?
And why?
Was it a police decision or political?
These should be the cornerstone questions of an external review surrounding the chaos of the G20.
After all, police officers were trained to stop the Black Bloc anarchists, were appropriately equipped and massively manned.
As downtown Toronto witnessed burning police cars and a small group of thugs on a rampage, a police source tells me the only thing that stopped the officers from doing that was an order telling them not to. They tell me they could have rounded up all, or most of them, in no time.
I have had several frontline police officers tell me they were told not to get involved. But even before that decision was made, says one insider, there was mass confusion and indecision.
"The orders went from engage to, no, don't engage to engage to, no, don't engage,' " said an officer. "It was an absolute shambles. Everyone was talking over each other on the radio. Nobody seemed to know what to do. It was just a mess."
The officer said that eventually there was "a clear order from the command centre saying 'Do not engage' " and, at that point, smelling weakness and no repercussions, the downtown was effectively turned over to the vandals while police, up to 19,000 strong, were ordered to stay out of it.
Four police cars were destroyed and dozens of other properties were damaged.
http://www.torontosun.com/news/colum...-14564416.html
Old 07.02.2010, 11:47 PM   #27
Inhuman
invito al cielo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ta0m...eature=related
Old 07.03.2010, 12:04 AM   #28
Beautiful Plateau
children of satan

Beautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's asses
somewhat unrelated, but I always have an uncomfortable feeling seeing police on the streets

Beautiful Plateau is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2010, 03:03 AM   #29
vulva
the end of the ugly

vulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's asses
yo real talk I was patted down 4 times by cops in the past week and told I fit the description of a suspect
Old 07.15.2010, 08:58 AM   #30
tesla69
Banned

by Irish Dan
(for henrymakow.com)
Tommy Taylor's account "Arrested and Abused at the G-20" is frightening. Will it make any great difference to public perceptions? I doubt it ! However, it is great that there is a coherent, cogent account of what happened.
I was involved with Sinn Fein here all the way from a street protest party excluded from power right through to seeing our party share Regional Government in the Northern part of Ireland and having a significant presence in the Southern Irish Parliament. I was also on the Party National Executive for most of a decade and have seen and made politics from the inside-out and top-down as well as street level up. Because of this, perhaps these comments may carry a little more weight.
1) While this mass citizen arrest took place during the summit meeting protests, it is obvious that far more is involved here than the mere optics of justifying costs. Anyone familiar with accounts of the round-up of citizens in Chile after the overthrow of the Allende Government there, and the imposition of a military dictatorship, can identify the parallels in the detention procedures.
2) The police cars abandoned for burning etc, the presence of large numbers of specially equipped forces apparently tasked for specific purposes, the transport, the prepared cages etc. indicates more than a reaction to a protest situation. Rather it points to a 'dry run' training exercise using the cover of the summit protest.
3) With regard to the cages and facilities provided, any low ranking Red Cross Administrator setting up a temporary facilities for holding a few hundred to a few thousand people would give immediate concern to water, food, sanitation and shelter and medical first aid in that order. It is not rocket science. The UN, every First World Government , the Red Cross and most large international Charitable Welfare Agencies have ready plans for these facilities. Most in fact use the similar standardized plans that had their genesis in post WW2 refugee camps.
4) The cages, the layout, the provision of cameras etc all indicate careful planning and preparation. Water was available as were disposable cups; it just was not issued in the amounts required. Basic food was available; it was deliberately withheld. The holding pens were secure, yet people were unnecessarily held in plastic or steel handcuffs even though these added little to the security factor.
5) Rationing toilet paper is another indication of what was afoot here as were the deliberate withholding of women's specific sanitation needs. I remember decades ago, reading a translation from a CIA inspired manual used by the Shah of Iran's forces where all these things came under the title ' Denigrating The Captives Self Esteem' ! Nothing new in this treatment of young women, the same tactic was also used to attempt to demoralize and break women political prisoners in Armagh Jail during the early eighties.
6) This whole scenario as documented by Tommy seems geared to be a large-scale exercise using the availability of 'protesting human resources' for a mass arrest to access the psychological reaction of confined masses to arbitrary arrest and imprisonment and denial of basic Civil Rights.
As such the Authorities will be accessing a) ease of arrest, b) docility during transport, c) acceptability of confinement, d) reaction to various deprivations , etc.
7) If this was a large scale, Government sanctioned experiment, then Taylor's posting and others in Facebook etc will be a continuing part of the same exercise. In my experience, most will not protest or put themselves in harms way again. A few will cross the line and accept that violence against the authorities is necessary and the seasoned protesters will continue to protest with as much or as little impact as the protest giving rise to this has had.
8) No one individual or small group of individuals can effectively counter the deployment of State resources on the scale described. However, if a special grouping were formed with all that were arbitrarily arrested combining to bring a Legal Class Action against the Canadian State, for deliberate and wilful abuse of their freedoms, then this would immediately stymie this State activity and bring the Human Rights bulldozer to a standstill ! It could also be used to smoke out and expose the hidden hands and agencies involved in these things.
9) I have spend decades of my life fighting for Left Wing causes and I still do. However I have long reached the view that there is a far bigger picture and more vital battle now to be fought for Basic Human Rights and to checkmate the State Juggernauts, while people still have some freedom to act.
As an individual I did a hunger and thirst strike in jail against arbitrary arrest. I was in poor health at the time. After days of this I was placed on Hourly Hospital Watch and then released. I was never again re-arrested under this same act. Individuals are not powerless and neither are empowered class action groups as the Unites States experience has shown.
10) We, in the Western World, where human rights and progressive politics are concerned, are now where citizens were in early thirties Germany were. The time to act is finite and a Legal Class Action in Canada is as good a place as any other to start the checkmate to the State!
Old 07.18.2010, 01:52 PM   #31
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

here is a sweet video someone made with G20 stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiRjwpCrCMc
Old 07.18.2010, 04:24 PM   #32
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman

They're the kind of insufferable, smug, arrogant, self-righteous poseurs that deserve a good kicking. Well done the riot police.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth