Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page specific Sparklehorse recommendations?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.22.2007, 03:16 PM   #1
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
i was wondering if you guys could recommend me some sparklehorse music, i have only heard the album, its a wonderful life, and i love the songs: "it
s a wonderful life" and "babies on the sun".
Does he have more songs that are like this? I didnt really care for the rest of the album, but would love to hear more stuff from him like those two songs. thanks.
m^a(t)h is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2007, 03:22 PM   #2
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Good Morning Spider is genius and it's a little more upbeat than Wonderful Life. my favorite songs on there being Pain Birds, Happy Man and Pig. PJ Harvey does most of the back-up singing on it too!

Vivadixiesubmarine[...] has some of my all-time favorite Sparklehorse songs (Spirit Ditch, Weird Sisters and Gasoline Horsies), but also has some that are not so great....

the new album is really good too (I love the song Mountains).

in my obsession, I've seen him play twice in the last year. Sparklehorse is easily in my top-10 bands of all time.

my FAVORITE Sparklehorse disc is the Distorted Ghost EP. has the BEST version of Happy Man out there, an awesome live version of Gasoline Horsies and a cover of a Daniel Johnston song My Yoke is Heavy.

it's a must have!

http://www.amazon.com/Distorted-Ghos.../dp/B00004KD3V
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2007, 03:28 PM   #3
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
and sorry, in my zeal I rambled on a bit.

you should be happy with all the individual songs I listed based on the two you said you like.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth