Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Roll Call: SY in Nashville-4/25/08
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.22.2008, 06:44 PM   #21
acdc518
bad moon rising

acdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's asses
Hi, I'm going to be there with a friend. I'm going to get there early and hang out.
i'll probably be wearing a red "Psychocandy" shirt.
acdc518 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2008, 07:13 PM   #22
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Right on, I added you to the list. Welcome!
Old 04.22.2008, 07:18 PM   #23
reginald
stalker

reginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's asses
Hey acdc518, are you currently in Nashville ?

Funny, when Moshe mentioned they might do the 'hits are 4 squares' setlist, I immediately thought of Hits of Sunshine and would LOVE to here that !!!
reginald is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2008, 07:33 PM   #24
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Maybe they'll play the new song from it? Hits of Sunshine would be killer. So would Rain on Tin. A Hits are for Squares setlist wouldn't be that bad, of course they'd have to play a few Lee songs and I could do without Stones or Kool Thing.
Old 04.22.2008, 07:52 PM   #25
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
Maybe they'll play the new song from it? Hits of Sunshine would be killer. So would Rain on Tin. A Hits are for Squares setlist wouldn't be that bad, of course they'd have to play a few Lee songs and I could do without Stones or Kool Thing.

I agree. They performed those songs when I saw them last. Good songs, but I wouldn't ask for a repeat of any of that set-list. I want to hear what I haven't heard live.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2008, 08:23 PM   #26
acdc518
bad moon rising

acdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's asses
I really want to hear Erics Trip and Expressway. maybe SYR 7 since its out this week?
Old 04.22.2008, 08:29 PM   #27
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc518
I really want to hear Erics Trip and Expressway. maybe SYR 7 since its out this week?

Expressway's always a good song live. I wouldn't mind if that found it's way on to this set-list. Getting to see the ending alone was one of the great joys in my life. Watching them improvise on stage is amazing.

Speaking of SYR7, does anybody know if that shipped today, or if it ships tomorrow. I'm just anxious to hear it. Hopefully I get to listen to it before the show on Friday.
-George Carlin
Old 04.22.2008, 08:36 PM   #28
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Quote:

I extremely doubt that they'll do anything from SYR 7 since both of those were one-offs or soundtrack stuff.
Old 04.22.2008, 11:15 PM   #29
acdc518
bad moon rising

Oh, I thought SYR 7 was songs they would play live like anagrama from SYR 1
Old 04.23.2008, 12:09 AM   #30
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Quote:
Oh, I thought SYR 7 was songs they would play live like anagrama from SYR 1

Nah. They were more "songs" than "pieces" like these are. If that makes any sense...which it probably doesn't.
Old 04.24.2008, 06:24 PM   #31
reginald
stalker

reginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's asses
I just wanted to add. There ARE a couple of decent eateries next to the City Hall venue in Nashville. One is a sushi/seafood joint and the other is Sambuca. I'm guessing it's Italian. So there are alternatives to McDonald's ! Haha...

The venue guy today told me he think about 900 tix out of 1200 have been sold so far this afternoon.
Old 04.24.2008, 07:00 PM   #32
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by reginald
I just wanted to add. There ARE a couple of decent eateries next to the City Hall venue in Nashville. One is a sushi/seafood joint and the other is Sambuca. I'm guessing it's Italian. So there are alternatives to McDonald's ! Haha...

The venue guy today told me he think about 900 tix out of 1200 have been sold so far this afternoon.

Thanks for the tip reginald. I myself was also planning to grab a bite before the show. Now I have an idea on where to go.
-George Carlin
Old 04.24.2008, 07:39 PM   #33
timpickens
empty page

timpickens has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Hey, I'm driving up from Atlanta tomorrow and I'm trying to book a cheap hotel room for the night. Does anyone, per chance, have any recommendations of somewhere around $120 or less within walking distance of the venue?

Also, is it easy to catch a cab in Nashville?

Thanks a bunch!
timpickens is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2008, 07:51 PM   #34
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

24 hours to go!
Old 04.24.2008, 11:54 PM   #35
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
Forbes has been killing it lately, and this new one for Sonic Youth is no exception. This screenprint is available in either a white paper or silver paper edition, and the price is $35. To purchase, visit the Gigposters.com Classifieds.

Moshe is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2008, 12:04 AM   #36
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshe
Forbes has been killing it lately, and this new one for Sonic Youth is no exception. This screenprint is available in either a white paper or silver paper edition, and the price is $35. To purchase, visit the Gigposters.com Classifieds.

Will they have any for sale at the merch table, or will they be posted around the venue? I hope to grab me one.
-George Carlin
Old 04.25.2008, 02:52 PM   #37
reginald
stalker

I haven't seen those around town, but I did notice some of the cheapo SY notices have been snatched from telephone poles.

I went by the venue just now and spoke briefly with the sound guy. They were hookin' everything up for tonights gig. He couldn't shed light on the setlist, confirmed cameras and recorders are cool, and said Mark Ibold will be with them. ( I guess as per usual ) They should start shortly after 10pm and doors are at 8pm. They don't have their own lights, so they'll do with the venue's. I hope they're more than adequate.

I also just went by Grimey's just up the street and found out Steve Shelley was there yesterday hanging while Elvis Costello was signing his new album for folks. Damn ! I thought I looked at everyone's face there, but Steve was apparently back in a corner checking out some compilation stuff....sneaky ! Even Mike Grimes didn't notice him ! And Elvis was recommending some stuff to him without knowing who he was. Dang !

It's almost 3pm and I'll be going down to City Hall between 4 and 5. Seeya there y'all !
Old 05.17.2008, 09:30 PM   #38
steve newman
bad moon rising

steve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginald
I'll be there too, hopefully against the stage. I haven't seen that poster around town, and I'm in Nashville. I've seen some cheapo ones on telephone poles, but not the cool one Moshe posted here.

I'm gonna get there early and just hang in front watching folks as they arrive. It's more fun that late afternoon TV. If I can find it, I'll wear this T-shirt....

FOUND IT ! So marleypumpkin and sonicyouth37 be lookin' for me !
i remember seeing you while waiting in line.
steve newman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2008, 09:35 PM   #39
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Haha, another person joining! It always good to see how a show brings new boardies around.
Old 05.17.2008, 09:58 PM   #40
steve newman
bad moon rising

steve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's asses
new boardie, but old fan. last time i saw sy was lollapalooza in atlanta.
steve newman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth