Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page LCD Soundsystem
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.09.2012, 07:53 PM   #1
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
How do people feel about them?

I was a late comer to the James Murphy show. Prior to "This is Happening" all I'd heard was about half of the self-titled, which I really liked, but never played enough to remember to listen to the rest.

But when I finally decided to dive in I found that I really enjoy them. Some of it is a little too intentionally and overtly "hey look at me I'm a music snob!!", but I'm glad this generation has a band that can point young listeners toward bands like Television, Wire, and Brian Eno.

E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.09.2012, 10:16 PM   #2
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypertonic
LCD is alright. The DFA output in general is better. I prob like DFA more than I'lll admit. All the production is solid, for the most part... I'm more of a house/techno head; just not a huge fan of electro in particular. I think the term "clash" and "electroclash" are uhmm.... interesting? The intersections of influences, that is. CAN!

However it's kinda like "Losing My Edge" yeh.. seems like he sorta had a particular place in time... Again, not my favorite but I did also get to see an incredible performance at Coachella 2007 and they killed. I remember some blogs or whatever calling it apocalyptic.

I have a great "All My Friends" 7" with the John Cale version on side A! But I prefer the DFA samplers with things like tech-house versions of Black Dice "Smiling Off", etc. Those DFA remixes are some of my obligatory DJ tracks

Fuck yeah DFA samplers!
Old 02.10.2012, 01:47 AM   #3
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
you really have the most boring taste in music
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.11.2012, 11:34 AM   #4
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

45:33, Genteel. 45:33.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth