Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page what are you listening to?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.05.2024, 03:38 PM   #54141
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
Bower did more than post about Brexit, from what I remember he had gone down the occult pagan aryan road and when he was outed a couple of musicians he had been associated with previously sadly verified the claims. The music of his I liked before I still like now but you I'm not going to buy any new releases.
Apparently Mo Tucker being a tea partier has been debunked (I don't care if she is or isn't). I don't care if Jennifer Herrema implied support for invading Iraq (it's lame but irrelevant and anyway its post Royal Trux). Johnny Ramone, Jimi Hendrix, James Brown, etc etc. If people support the wrong team in politics it's an error in judgement (or whatever) and I'll still buy their records and/or see shows, but being a white supremacist is just really gross.
I wasn't aware of the white supremacist stuff. I remember Neil Campbell posting something about the Brexit thing on Twitter and thinking it was another musician whose music I enjoy but with, unsurprisingly, the wrong political direction and eager to express it. Opinions that never make a difference anyway. Maureen Tucker has been an active member of her working class local movements since I care to remember, just by reading her interviews over the years. Possibly since she was working at Walmart years ago. The Tea Party was one of the many protest political movements we've seen coming and going without leaving any effective legacy over the years, like 'Occupy' etc. Whether she was part of it or not does not even matter. She still flaunts 'American Values' on FB all the time. It's not about being offended by this sort of thing here, it's more about how it's ultimately clueless and ineffective political propaganda that chips away from one's enjoyment of someone's music.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.16.2024, 05:03 AM   #54142
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses

Echo Collective Plays Amnesiac

Some are good, some are boring, some are annoying

@Soup:
you probably want to listen to this (if you hadn't seen it already). It was posted in the comments of a recent Cat Power gig on Dime:
https://archive.org/details/robynhit...5.daud.flac16/
and while listening, here's what to read: https://reclinernotes.com/2023/12/03...byn-hitchcock/

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.16.2024, 10:27 PM   #54143
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
@Soup:
you probably want to listen to this (if you hadn't seen it already). It was posted in the comments of a recent Cat Power gig on Dime:
https://archive.org/details/robynhit...5.daud.flac16/
and while listening, here's what to read: https://reclinernotes.com/2023/12/03...byn-hitchcock/

Yessir! That Robyn Sings is such a cool record... Released via his own Editions Paf!, so not many minty copies out there.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
2208260826582698270527062707 2708
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth