Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Bands that you expected to be shit live but weren't
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.13.2007, 04:56 AM   #21
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
mmmmmm, the dandy warhols were great live, oh and giant drag.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2007, 06:19 AM   #22
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
nobody really.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2007, 06:32 AM   #23
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
I never expect bands to 'suck live', but usually when there's fuckups and shit, it makes it more interesting/funny.

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2007, 06:40 AM   #24
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHOUT
I never expect bands to 'suck live', but usually when there's fuckups and shit, it makes it more interesting/funny.

yeah sometimes, although when i saw Dinosaur jr (for the 2nd time, 1st time they rocked!!!) they had some problems with Lou's Amp and they spent about 10 minutes ignoring the audience trying to fix it, usually when stuff goes wrong the band are apologetic and try to make it funny or at least talk to the audience to pass the time. They just ignored us.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2007, 06:43 AM   #25
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
probably some metal band or something. i literally dont have the energy to type anything else.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2007, 05:01 PM   #26
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
Magik Markers forever.

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2007, 06:55 PM   #27
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I'd have to say Blur. I saw them on that Revolver tour in the early 90s. They were playing with Dinosaur Jnr, the Mary Chain and the Valentines. Needless to say they were the band that I was least bothered about seeing. However I can also say, with my hand on my heart, that they put on a great show, blowing the other bands off-stage. Dinosaur, for example, were AWFUL that night.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2007, 06:58 PM   #28
timtimtim
children of satan

timtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud of
I expected the Violent Femmes to be decent but they were one of the best bands I've ever seen.
timtimtim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2007, 07:23 PM   #29
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
I had no expectations of Feeder at Reading festival 2001, but it was the first time i was ever in a moshpit, the sun was beating down and id just got out of school. Twas a joyous time.
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2007, 05:05 AM   #30
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
I don't expect much from openers, usually.
I didn't know anything about Davy Jones Locker when they opened for Dinosaur Jr in 91; I had just heard that they were from Thionville - hence, French. It turned out I was more pleased by their set than by Dino.
Same thing for Eiffel in 96, for what they called their first show, opening for the Cramps (who were excellent).
The biggest surprise was the Launderettes. I had read a summary of their work, a Norwegian all-girls band playing rock, and I expected something like Europe meets Girlschool.
From their warm up to the end of the set it was great. I was early at the venue and got to hear through the opened door the band playing a wonderful tune that would appear on their second LP.
They opened for Holly Golightly. Didn't expect much from her (but I'm a sucker for thee Headcoatees) and it wasn't great. Bruce Brand is rather terrible as a guitar player.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth