Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Thurston & Associates on Breathmint
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.25.2013, 09:31 AM   #1
jetengine
children of satan

jetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's asses
I was wondering how many of you out there are familiar with Thurston's releases on the (self-proclaimed) 'nutty' Breathmint label. Apparently, ten to twelve years ago (or thereabouts), Thurston released at least three CD-Rs on this label: Live @ The Cooler (with Foot), A Tribute to Martin Luther King Jr (with Moz), and something called simply Thurston Moore / Wrong. There may be others--apparently, the poor chap who runs the label is not even sure of its own discography, judging from the official website.

So, do any of you actually own any of these titles? Care to extrapolate and/or share? I've never actually come across any of these releases anywhere. Even the two releases with Zac Davis have been more plentiful (and that's saying something).
jetengine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2013, 10:18 AM   #2
halgreen
stalker

halgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asses
I don't "actually" own Live @ The Cooler but I have a digital copy. It's about 26 minutes of noise but I haven't listened all the way through yet.
Quote:
Foot
live @t the cooler (Breathmint Records BM020, 2000)

Don Fleming, Jim Dunbar, Thurston Moore
Realized & Recorded @ the Cooler 10/27/99
by Rat Bastard.

Don Fleming - guitars/arp/effects
Jim Dunbar - cat/effects
Thurston Moore - guitars/effect

additional help:
Miss Bebe Buell - vocals
Mat Rademan - arp
Rat Bastard - cat

Foot
P.O. Box 7811
JAF Station
NY, NY 10116
USA

THIS IS NEMOCORE.

CD-r release with printer/photocopy artwork from the wonderful folks at:
Breathmint Records
po box 1 southampton pa 18966-0001
breathmint.net
halgreen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2013, 03:06 PM   #3
jetengine
children of satan

jetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's asses
Where did you find it? I'd be interested in obtaining copies of this Breathmint stuff. I think they're the rarest and hardest to find of the solo and side stuff.
jetengine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2013, 08:03 PM   #4
halgreen
stalker

halgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asses
Someone uploaded a copy to what.cd, but I think it's the only Breathmint release on the tracker.
halgreen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth