Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Sleater-Malkmus
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.02.2006, 02:38 PM   #1
Feelyat
little trouble girl

Feelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud of
According to this, former Sleater-Kinney drummer Janet Weiss is now a Jick.

Wacky.
Feelyat is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.03.2006, 12:00 AM   #2
Jaerlost
little trouble girl

Jaerlost is a splendid one to beholdJaerlost is a splendid one to beholdJaerlost is a splendid one to beholdJaerlost is a splendid one to beholdJaerlost is a splendid one to beholdJaerlost is a splendid one to beholdJaerlost is a splendid one to behold
I heard she's gonna be working with Bright Eyes. She's a pretty buisy chick.

Jaerlost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.03.2006, 12:06 AM   #3
noisemachine
100%

noisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's asses
I hope the next Malkmus album is better than the first three combined. Hes made some good songs, but the albums have been overall weak in my opinion. And thats not even comparing them to pavement...

noisemachine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.03.2006, 05:59 AM   #4
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Makes alot of sence actually, Janet and Joanna Bolme are really great friends.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.03.2006, 09:43 AM   #5
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisemachine
I hope the next Malkmus album is better than the first three combined. Hes made some good songs, but the albums have been overall weak in my opinion. And thats not even comparing them to pavement...

I didn't mind the song "Mama", but that's about it.
Inhuman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.03.2006, 10:41 AM   #6
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
they were pretty weak when i saw them last september
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.03.2006, 10:45 AM   #7
ricechex
the destroyed room

ricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman
I didn't mind the song "Mama", but that's about it.

i have been listening to quite a bit of the Malkmus records lately. i dig em'. yeah, they're not pavement, but i think he didn't want that, and it sounds like he deliberately avoided it. and that's tough considering he was the songwriter in pavement. i think the stuf like 1% of 1 and water and a seat he reinvented himself, and its very original if nothing else. love the weird timings too.

ricechex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth