Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Do you believe in ghosts?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.14.2010, 09:38 AM   #101
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
Like I said, I have plenty of evidence. But if I tell you, you'll say I'm making it up - so it'd be pointless and I really couldn't care less.

You have 0% objective evidence for the existence of ghosts and are now looking quite pathetic. You know your "evidence" won't hold up so you aren't presenting it... and it might be the first smart thing you have done in this thread.
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.14.2010, 10:01 AM   #102
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
What you're suggesting is that Chicka is either unable to tell the difference from being asleep or being awake, or differentiate a dream from reality? I've never met or heard of anyone else suffering from this almost certainly completely incapacitating affliction.

http://longevity.about.com/od/sleep/a/sleep_driving.htm
enough said, right?
Old 10.14.2010, 10:39 AM   #103
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
I often find that disbelief requires as much faith as belief.

wow. scary. this is how belief warps the mind. next you are going to call atheism a religion. we have achieved pathetic folks.
Old 10.14.2010, 10:47 AM   #104
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Anyway, I saw a "ghost" when I was about 10 years old, it was in the middle of the afternoon and outdoors, I saw a small old man pass through a locked door.

Do share more information about your experience. Where were you? What were you doing at the time? Was there anyone else there that saw it?
Old 10.14.2010, 10:49 AM   #105
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
What you're suggesting is that Chicka is either unable to tell the difference from being asleep or being awake, or differentiate a dream from reality? I've never met or heard of anyone else suffering from this almost certainly completely incapacitating affliction.

First + foremost, I dig chicka...so this isn't a jab at him in any way. BUT, it's a fact that been proven time and time again that we humans can reach hallucenigenic states without ingesting drugs of any sort. I'm NOT saying that this is what happened to chicka, but merely suggesting it as a possibilty. I've def experienced a situation or two, have a memory or two, that I am not sure were dreams or not. It happens.

And proving the world is round is something considerable different than trying to prove (and yeah, in some cases even disprove...) the "supernatural". < I put this word in quotations because it is a word I personally think is border line retarded. What is the super natural? If something is possible, it's only natural...and thus far, ghost haven't been proven to be anything more than phenomenon that goes no where beyond personal experience, which is always going to be (or should be...) questionable to anyone simply hearing about it.

I personally can not forsee any machine that can prove the existance of ghosts ever coming into play. The earth can be physically touched, the afterlife? Come the fuck on.....remember, people believed in ghosts far before they even gave a shit about as to wether or not the earth was flat. To date, no evidence. Nothing solid or tangible...just weird experiences that can be explained in a variety of ways + that's it.

If I was a ghost, I wouldn't hang out in graveyards and old houses. Possibly, time and space or whatever has a way of recording events, and whenever something occurs somone is just witnessing this and nothing more. I tell ya someone was murdered in my room back in the 20's, you spend the night in it, any weird noise you hear you'll likely assume is a ghost...maybe not you personally, but most are that stupid. Far too many people WANT to believe in things that do not, or can not be proven to exist. People WANT to believe in little green men and ghosts and big foot. + this is fine and dandy, just nothing should be presented as fact, ever,ever, ever unless it can be backed up by some sort of LEGITMATE evidence. A blurry photograph and old noisy pipes do not qualify as evidence. Insisting that they present a possiblity is acceptable...evidence is not.

Why are ghosts often seen wearing clothes? COME THE FUCK ON FOR REAL....shits stupid.

I live in a building that some claim to be haunted. Built in 1924 as a hotel/apartment building. Been here three years and have yet to witness anything but a strange knock on my door in the wee morning hours...most likely a friend or some kid playing a prank. I hang out in a graveyard (not because I'm "dark" but becaue this particular place happens to be beautiful)..I'm often out there late at night. The Wolfolk tragedy victims of 1887 are buried there (Thomas Wolfolk murdered nine people with an axe....), Duane Allman and Berry Oakley are buried there. Mr. Bond, a rich 1800's plantation owner that was murdered for prortecting a slave is buried there...all sorts of weird stories (all true....) and I've never seen one ghost. if anything, I feel at peace in these srt of places.

Ghosts...OoooooOOoOoOoOOOOoooOo COME ON, GET REAL.

Knox, PLEASE show this evidence, since you were there and all and secondhand account is valuable.

<3
Old 10.14.2010, 10:52 AM   #106
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Here is HARDCORE evidence for the existence of the yeti. Believe Knox! BELIEVE!!!!

Old 10.14.2010, 10:54 AM   #107
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
Here is HARDCORE evidence for the existence of the yeti. Believe Knox! BELIEVE!!!!

AND NOW I LOVE YOU!
Old 10.14.2010, 11:22 AM   #108
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
Do share more information about your experience. Where were you? What were you doing at the time? Was there anyone else there that saw it?

what's the point? you are ready to mock him and tell him he's crazy and/or lying.

having that said, you're being so articulate. In a sitcom kind of way.

it makes me wanna use my girlfriend as an excuse not to jam with you anymore.

power chords.
lunch time.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.14.2010, 11:26 AM   #109
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
what's the point? you are ready to mock him and tell him he's crazy and/or lying.

The point is there is usually a more reasonable explanation other than "ghost". And from this mind blowing thread it is obviously needed.
Old 10.14.2010, 11:29 AM   #110
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
what is a ghost? define that first.

Old 10.14.2010, 11:35 AM   #111
Pax Americana
expwy. to yr skull

Pax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's asses
Well, shouldn't you define what a ghost is? I mean, you're the one insisting that they exist. So if we skeptics don't know exactly what you're talking about, then define it for us. I think when most people hear the word 'ghost' they think, 'soul', 'spirit', etc. They think of dead people lingering around on earth to haunt the living. If that's what you're talking about, then no, I don't think there's any evidence you're going to present that's going to make me believe that my dead relatives are floating somewhere watching over me or haunting a graveyard. If that's NOT what you're talking about, then please tell us. Define what it is you're actually referring to when you use the term, 'ghost'. Then maybe we can go somewhere beyond, "They're not real, where's your proof?" and "Yes they are!!!"
Pax Americana is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.14.2010, 11:42 AM   #112
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
This thread is cracking me up.
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.14.2010, 11:43 AM   #113
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
acting as the definitive skeptic is much worse than being a total believer, as it entails both a sense of closed-mindedness as it does cuntestry.

cunts are something much more detrimental to humans than any held belief, yet this tread is rife with them.

cunts. I do believe.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.14.2010, 11:52 AM   #114
Pax Americana
expwy. to yr skull

Pax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
acting as the definitive skeptic is much worse than being a total believer, as it entails both a sense of closed-mindedness as it does cuntestry.

cunts are something much more detrimental to humans than any held belief, yet this tread is rife with them.

cunts. I do believe.

Look, I'm not trying to be a cunt or a jerk or anything, and I really don't think being skeptical of something makes one close-minded. Shit, if I see some real, tangible, provable evidence of the existence of ghosts, I'll be the first person to say, "Holy shit! Ghosts are real! Guess I was wrong." But I'm uncomfortable believing in something when (in my opinion) there is no credible evidence to support it. That's all.

I mean, would you call me a close-minded cunt for saying, "Man, believing in unicorns is kinda dumb." just because there might be someone out there who believes in unicorns?
Pax Americana is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.14.2010, 11:53 AM   #115
knox
invito al cielo

I need to know what you say when you say what "ghosts" are in order to know if I believe it or not.

Old 10.14.2010, 11:53 AM   #116
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pax Americana
Well, shouldn't you define what a ghost is? I mean, you're the one insisting that they exist. So if we skeptics don't know exactly what you're talking about, then define it for us. I think when most people hear the word 'ghost' they think, 'soul', 'spirit', etc. They think of dead people lingering around on earth to haunt the living. If that's what you're talking about, then no, I don't think there's any evidence you're going to present that's going to make me believe that my dead relatives are floating somewhere watching over me or haunting a graveyard. If that's NOT what you're talking about, then please tell us. Define what it is you're actually referring to when you use the term, 'ghost'. Then maybe we can go somewhere beyond, "They're not real, where's your proof?" and "Yes they are!!!"

^
this
Old 10.14.2010, 11:56 AM   #117
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
what is a ghost? define that first.

a Swayze movie that always gets me teary.
Old 10.14.2010, 11:56 AM   #118
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pax Americana
Look, I'm not trying to be a cunt or a jerk or anything, and I really don't think being skeptical of something makes one close-minded. Shit, if I see some real, tangible, provable evidence of the existence of ghosts, I'll be the first person to say, "Holy shit! Ghosts are real! Guess I was wrong." But I'm uncomfortable believing in something when (in my opinion) there is no credible evidence to support it up. That's all.

I mean, would you call me a close-minded cunt for saying, "Man, believing in unicorns is kinda dumb." just because there might be someone out there who believes in unicorns?

except that not everything is tangible.
in fact, science is currently coming to the conclusion that nothing is.
the material world is an illusion and chronological time a human invention.
science has evolved, some people have not.

and yes, people got into shit for saying the earth wasn't flat or we weren't the centre of the universe.
it's a mistake to think that our current idea of science is completely separated from religious, political, and cultural conditioning.

Old 10.14.2010, 11:58 AM   #119
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
except that not everything is tangible.
in fact, science is currently coming to the conclusion that nothing is.
the material world is an illusion and chronological time a human invention.

put down the crack pipe for a second and try to connect this thought to ghosts somehow. sure you could make some existential statement like "maybe nothing is real" including the both of us but that ain't going to save your ass in this ghost discussion. hahahaha
Old 10.14.2010, 12:07 PM   #120
knox
invito al cielo

I think I found a retard-proof kind of "explanation" that is superficial enough for you (btw crack pine was funny because, as far as i know, you do drugs and i don't - so what an amazing reference).

"But what if ghosts are something else? Could it be possible that what we see or experience as a ghost represents a break in the continuum of time? In other words, if we view time as not a linear construct, but rather a wave, or even a loop, could we be looking backwards (or perhaps even forwards) in time when we observe a ghost, or similar phenomena?"

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth