Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Do you believe in ghosts?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.11.2010, 11:43 AM   #21
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
i've been trying to verify tihs myself.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2010, 12:18 PM   #22
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicka
I believe. I saw them run from my kitchen to the stairs and disappear from my sight. I know I'll never convince anyone who doesn't believe but anybody who believes knows what I'm talking about. They don't hang around but for that second they're as real as the keyboard I'm typing on.

Probably pretty easy to debunk. Instead of jumping to the conclusion of ghost/spirit why don't you explain the circumstances of the "sighting". What time of day? What were you doing right before you saw it? And so on.

No offense but these things ALWAYS happen when no one else can verify it objectively.
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2010, 12:22 PM   #23
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
I was sitting there watching TV eating my supper. Time of day roughly 5:00 pm. Plenty of sunlight I just turned my head and there they were. Man and Woman she had on a white dress, he was in dark clothes sports jacket of some sort and something out of the thirties.
Old 10.11.2010, 12:39 PM   #24
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I was sitting there watching TV eating my supper. Time of day roughly 5:00 pm. Plenty of sunlight I just turned my head and there they were. Man and Woman she had on a white dress, he was in dark clothes sports jacket of some sort and something out of the thirties.

Of course you were alone at the time I assume...
were you done with supper? taking a nap? what were you watching on the tele?
Old 10.11.2010, 01:06 PM   #25
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

They were just standing there? What happened after?
SonikJesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2010, 01:10 PM   #26
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
did they look like this?

EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2010, 01:45 PM   #27
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
Nope I was sitting there with my Dad watching a football game college game to be precise. As I already said they went from the Kitchen to the stairs leading to the second floor a space of 6 feet. As I already said I believe and I'll never be able to make you believe so as far as I'm concerned enjoy your laughs I can deal with them. Nice picture EvolG I wish they did then I would know it was a joke.
Old 10.11.2010, 01:49 PM   #28
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Nope I was sitting there with my Dad watching a football game college game to be precise. As I already said they went from the Kitchen to the stairs leading to the second floor a space of 6 feet. As I already said I believe and I'll never be able to make you believe so as far as I'm concerned enjoy your laughs I can deal with them. Nice picture EvolG I wish they did then I would know it was a joke.

Did your Dad see them? Probably not.
There is a reason those ghosts shows have been on tv for years and years now and nothing of value has ever been presented.
You were dozing off for a split second in front of the TV during supper dear. There are no such thing as ghosts.

It reminds me of when I thought there were aliens when I was younger. I was at midget league football practice. All of the sudden everyone just froze on the field. A large, blinking space ship passed over head and when it was gone practice just resumed as normal. I really thought aliens were real for years until I talked to someone with sense who told me I probably got a concussion during practice from a hard hit. That makes a hell of a lot more sense... and so does you dozing off with food and tv even if you THINK you were awake.

The correct answer is usually the simplest...
Old 10.11.2010, 04:07 PM   #29
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Asking if your dad saw that too is quite reasonable.
However I tend to believe in some paranormal stuff and I too had some weird experience in the past (see the "Night Drones" thread I created a while ago if you're interested, chicka)

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2010, 04:19 PM   #30
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
I don't believe in souls, therefore I can't believe in ghosts per se. But I do believe in supernatural presences. Perhaps from alternate dimensions, which seems much more plausible to me.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2010, 04:24 PM   #31
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
i don't know.

i strongly believe that the human mind is an amazing thing, but will never be able to grasp and understand everything.

i've experienced some weird things... things in my room that had moved when i had left it for five minutes (something that was on the bed was suddenly on my desk) it would always be things that belonged to my grandmother (i lived in her house after she died) and those things would disappear too, i never found them again, not even after packing my whole room to move...

i once went to an abandoned cabin in a forest (how cliché) with some friends. we had a dog with us (a large bernese mountain dog) who didn't want to go inside: she just sat there and whined. inside there was a small living room and a kitchen with windows all around it. on the window sills in the kitchen were scattered newspapers from the 1950s. they were completely dry and almost as new, even though the windows were all broken and the whole forest was still wet from last night's thunderstorm. i honestly don't know what was going on there but i've never been so scared in my life. the whole place just oozed 'uncomfortable feeling'

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2010, 04:49 PM   #32
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
However I tend to believe in some paranormal stuff

You humans are so cute sometimes.

The weirdest thing is when atheists believe in ghosts, souls, luck, etc. Strangest contradiction EVER.
Old 10.11.2010, 10:18 PM   #33
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
I do not, nope.

And I live in a building that is approaching 100 years old (2, possibly three suicides through the years) and spend a considerable amount of time in a local graveyard. Maybe it's one of those things though, ya gotta believe in order to see 'em?
Old 10.11.2010, 10:45 PM   #34
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
I lived in a one bedroom shack in Olympia that was haunted by some sort of animal spirit. I had no belief in such things before hand, but it became impossible to ignore.

The house was airtight (which I verified one time by locking myself out and having to pay a locksmith $75 to get me back in) but my cat kept getting in and out on his own. I would have thought I was going bonkers, but it was always on nights when I'd had somebody sleeping with me, so I could verify he had gone in or out on his own. There were the usual noises in the other room and stuff like that too. I became convinced there was a spirit in the place, and at first rather than scared, I was fascinated by it. This went on for a couple months.

Then one day I went off to work (djing in the club) and my cat who was getting older and starting to have kidney problems had puked on my table. I didn't have time to clean it up, but figured I would when I came home. When I did, though, there was this crazy fucked up sculpture made with the cat puke and a stack of my favorite cds and the junk mail on the table, a bit like the weird collage "Pink" made in the hotel room in The Wall. It was disgusting and obviously malicious. So I'd had it and decided I wasn't going to tolerate it anymore. My wife, who I had just started dating at the time, actually cleaned the whole fucking mess up for me, because I was too freaked out to do it myself.

I had a friend, actually my weed dealer, who was into "magick" and all that shit, and I'd always scoffed at him. However, now I called him up and asked him to come over and do a "binding" or whatever it took to get rid of what he called "the beasty". Even as he did so, the whole thing seemed ridiculous to me, he did something I didn't see in the house by himself while I waited outside with another friend and then came out and made some very silly seeming high pitched screech. But when he did it, he was out in the yard, and there was a crash like something falling over in the house. And the incidents, including just my cat being able to get through locked doors like he had, totally stopped.

Later I found from my neighbor that in her back yard, which was an adjoining and co-owned property, there was a pet grave. I checked it out. It said, "In remembrance of Baby" or something like that. So I think maybe it was the spirit of that pet fucking with me. I don't know. But we were plenty glad to have it gone, whatever it was.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2010, 10:45 PM   #35
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
not really no. i think people see or experience what they want rather than whats actually there, or they see something that they convert into being a ghost which can be easily misconstrued. i heard that most ghost sightings happen at night when people are tired and more susceptible to mistaking something that isnt really there.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2010, 10:52 PM   #36
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
not really no. i think people see or experience what they want rather than whats actually there, or they see something that they convert into being a ghost which can be easily misconstrued. i heard that most ghost sightings happen at night when people are tired and more susceptible to mistaking something that isnt really there.

Most prostitute sightings are also at night, does that mean they really don't exist?
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2010, 11:33 PM   #37
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air
Most prostitute sightings are also at night, does that mean they really don't exist?

you should walk around some of the neighborhoods in this city, ghosts are everywhere.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2010, 12:37 AM   #38
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air

If you ask them they don't (har, har)
Old 10.12.2010, 01:42 AM   #39
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Patrick Swayze stars in...

GHOST II

...and this time he's a ghost, too.
Old 10.12.2010, 05:59 AM   #40
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I had a friend, actually my weed dealer, who was into "magick" and all that shit, and I'd always scoffed at him. However, now I called him up and asked him to come over and do a "binding" or whatever it took to get rid of what he called "the beasty". Even as he did so, the whole thing seemed ridiculous to me, he did something I didn't see in the house by himself while I waited outside with another friend and then came out and made some very silly seeming high pitched screech. But when he did it, he was out in the yard, and there was a crash like something falling over in the house. And the incidents, including just my cat being able to get through locked doors like he had, totally stopped.
Does anyone know any books I could read about magick? It's something that really interests me.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth