Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Why not give a worthwhile gift this Christmas?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.06.2006, 04:52 AM   #1
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
I don't know about you, but there are some people I really struggle to think of Chritmas gifts for each year. My dad for example. He's seventy-five, he's got pretty much everything he needs, and the foodstuffs I gave him last year are still in the kitchen cupboard. So this year, I'm just giving him and my stepmum a token gift, and then I'm making a charitable donation in their name instead of buying them some expensive crap they don't need. I'm making the charitable donation through Oxfam, who actually do a catalogue of things you can donate money for. I've made a donation to help pay for care for an orphan or vulnerable child, and my dad and stepmum will receive a card telling them that I've done that. They're both caring people and will appreciate what I'm doing.

I'm also making donations in the names of my niece and nephew, of text books and school lunches for children in third-world countries. Those are in addition to their "proper" presents, but I feel that it's good for them to be reminded that Christmas isn't just about consumerism.

Finally I've made a donation in the name of the SY gossip board, to support the holding of an HIV and AIDS awareness event in Africa somewhere. That's just something that I feel is worthwhile, and giving it in the name of this board gives me a excuse to post on here about the charitable giving idea.

If anyone else is stuck for present ideas for someone who doesn't need another pair of socks or piece of knitwear, here's a few links to the Oxfam site:

For the UK: http://www.oxfamunwrapped.com

For Ireland: http://www.oxfamirelandunwrapped.com

For the USA: http://www.oxfamamericaunwrapped.com
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2006, 04:57 AM   #2
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
hey
that´s a very good idea and if your parents are, as you said "caring people",
they will be very happy with this very special and unique present.
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth