Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.26.2020, 09:48 AM   #12801
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
Barcelona is truly falling apart.
victims of their own success and hanging on to past glories

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
yeah, he did. I was only half joking
His European debut was actually for Groningen but a year or so later he moved to Ajax. There are rumors that he will return, but I doubt it, he's far too expensive for them
maybe he’ll give you a friends & family discount
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2020, 04:26 AM   #12802
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
Barcelona is truly falling apart.

It'll take Messi's departure for Barca to finally be able to move forward. Personally I'd rather see him retire than go to another club, but either way I do think he's gonna have to go before any Barca manager can even begin to make the fundamental changes necessary to turn things around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
hanging on to past glories

I think it's more just a case of the club giving one player too much power. Understandable given who that particular player is but Barca once stood out as the very anti-thesis of that: a great team, a perfectly honed collective unit that's now descended into a Messi+10 circus.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2020, 04:58 AM   #12803
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
apparently Messi decided he wanted to leave after his first conversation with Koeman in which he was told that "the privileges in this squad are over, you have to do everything for the team,"

the horror

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2020, 06:47 AM   #12804
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I think it's more just a case of the club giving one player too much power. Understandable given that particular players's unquestionable brilliance but Barca once stood out as the very anti-thesis of that: a great team, a perfectly honed collective unit that's now descended into a Messi+10 circus.
i hear that, they are still taking about wanting to “build a team around messi” as if he were 21...

but what about the rest of the squad? piqué (33) busquets (32) alba (31) vidal (33), suárez (33), rakitic (32)? griezmann is a “new” hire at 29 and their “young” players are around age 26... except for démbélé (23) who didn’t play (was he injured or something?). they’re looking to the past not the future.

meanwhile, bayern fielded 19 year old rising star alphonso davis... and when old man boateng had to leave limping in came süle no problem... i was worried when this happened but defense actually improved. btw, leroy sané is coming to bayern next season (well, he’s already there).
Old 08.27.2020, 07:03 PM   #12805
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
That's true but here too Messi is central, as we know that since Pep left, the various club presidents have given Messi a huge say on things like player transfers, managerial appointments and tactics, even the power to veto any decision that he sees as potentially betraying the Cruyff-Rijkaard-Pep tradition that he seems incapable of looking beyond and believes should define Barca forever. There's an inner circle of players that includes Busquets and Pique who apparently share this view and were, until the arrival of Koeman-the-Heretic, considered untouchable within the club.
Old 08.28.2020, 08:11 AM   #12806
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
That's true but here too Messi is central, as we know that since Pep left, the various club presidents have given Messi a huge say on things like player transfers, managerial appointments and tactics, even the power to veto any decision that he sees as potentially betraying the Cruyff-Rijkaard-Pep tradition that he seems incapable of looking beyond and believes should define Barca forever. There's an inner circle of players that includes Busquets and Pique who apparently share this view and were, until the arrival of Koeman-the-Heretic, considered untouchable within the club.
the... but... oh... hm...

i wasn’t aware of the internal politics in such detail, but just the other i did hear piqué offering to fall on his sword to bring about change to the club. that was still with quique though.
and i haven’t kept up with koeman’s recent arrival (things happen so fast these days) but ah...

so will pep and leo reunite in manchester? hahahaha. that would be something... wow
Old 08.28.2020, 11:35 AM   #12807
demonrail666
invito al cielo

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/barc...ot-the-manager
Old 08.28.2020, 11:36 AM   #12808
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Think it's most telling that Pique said he'd be the first one to leave if needed and now we've not heard head nor tail from him.

Fuck em. Club deserves everything they get.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.28.2020, 11:55 AM   #12809
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I stayed with them until Enrique left, prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt. After that they just descended into pure farce. I'll never question their brilliance during the Pep years and still consider Messi a genius on the pitch but the behind the scenes nonsense means I've just lost interest in them now, as a club.
Old 08.28.2020, 12:37 PM   #12810
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
holy guacafuckingmole! i had no idea. well i had a bit of an inkling from argentina’s national team dramas, but not this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Think it's most telling that Pique said he'd be the first one to leave if needed and now we've not heard head nor tail from him.
so it was more threat than actual offer?

i begin to see...
Old 08.28.2020, 01:12 PM   #12811
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Nah, he probably said it as an offer but had no intention of going without something following that is on equal money.

Old 08.28.2020, 01:58 PM   #12812
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Nah, he probably said it as an offer but had no intention of going without something following that is on equal money.
manny for shakira’s children?
Old 09.05.2020, 01:16 PM   #12813
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
ohohohohoooo lucky England!

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.09.2020, 08:39 AM   #12814
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

David Silva has been away from Man City for all of a month. Already there's a trend from people saying he wasn't that great of a player and is massively overrated. It just confirms that most people don't know what they're talking about

Old 09.13.2020, 04:41 AM   #12815
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Bielsa's 1st PL outing was a cracker. Unlucky against a slightly under-performing Liverpool, saved largely by Salah. If Leeds can play like that for the rest of the season they'll be fine.
Old 09.13.2020, 07:55 AM   #12816
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
Bielsa's 1st PL outing was a cracker. Unlucky against a slightly under-performing Liverpool, saved largely by Salah. If Leeds can play like that for the rest of the season they'll be fine.

An enjoyable game for sure. Reckon Liverpool will win the league again?

The fucking dumbass commentators did my head in though. Sniggering like school boys at the name Koch. Once would have been fine but I felt like everytime he did something they'd laugh about his name. Morons.

Old 09.13.2020, 09:00 AM   #12817
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I'm backing Man City. but I can see the top 4-5 being far more competitive this year, with Chelsea and MU doing some great business in the summer, and Arsenal massively improving sine Arteta took over.

Can also see Everton having an excellent season and I'll be surprised if they finish below 8th.

All the bts stuff at West Ham makes me fear the worst for them already. Yet another season of only hoping there are three worst teams by the end of it.

EDIT: Just watched Everton beat Spurs. Looked very good. James is class, and Allan. Although I'd forgotten just how selfish and wasteful Richarlison is.

Also meant I'd be surprised if Everton finish below 7th, not 8th.
Old 09.13.2020, 02:16 PM   #12818
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

The future's bright, the future's blue.

Old 09.26.2020, 08:57 AM   #12819
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

wait, you got ham-mez now?
Old 09.26.2020, 09:02 AM   #12820
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

nbc is trying to splinter their fucked coverage of the prem into a bunch of different paid services

fuckem. bad luck for me. HALLO BUNDESLIGA, if i can still watch it on one channel.

==

oh shit it moved from fox to ESPN+

another fucking subscription!

lmao bye bye football i guess. i'll follow the financial news as a form of blood sport.
541591631638639640 641 642643644651 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth