Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.05.2008, 10:04 AM   #1621
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses
shoot 'em up with clive owen-absolutely awful

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2008, 01:37 AM   #1622
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

m1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
drunken fist was done when Jackie was very yo0unga dn starting out

the one you want is DRUNKEN MASTER 2

ok... i realize now that the entire point of my post was lost on you because the image was broken. allow me to repeat myself:

i don't know what it was, i missed the titles, but i watched a movie my nieghbor said was called drunken fist with jackie chan, but it wasn't Jui kuen (1978) [which i've seen around 8 times, which was why i didn't rush over to their place to catch the credits....] and i didn't see jackie chan in it anywhere, unless he was just so young i didn't recognize him....[for example i dont know if i'd recognize jackie chan in Qin Xiang Lian (1964)]

i'm almost certain it wasn't Jui kuen II (1994) [which i've never seen, but i'm pretty sure i'd recognize Rumble in the Bronx era Jackie Chan, duh...]

i was having trouble telling when the movie was made because i try to watch these things in mandarin or cantonese with the subtitles, but my nieghbors apparently selected "bad hong kong british/fake cockney" from the language menu. i was trying really hard not to laugh even though i wanted to watch the kung fu. i'm pretty sure it wasn't actually a jackie chan movie, but it did involve drunken fist kung fu.

do you know what movie this might be?

m1rr0r dash is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2008, 02:40 AM   #1623
Style
stalker

Style kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's asses
the king of kong is the last one i remember watching.
Style is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2008, 03:26 AM   #1624
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

m1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's asses
also since the mystery kung fu movie, i watched this again:

m1rr0r dash is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2008, 08:15 AM   #1625
RdTv
invito al cielo

RdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's asses

RdTv is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2008, 07:26 PM   #1626
█████████
expwy. to yr skull

█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses

tonigth is terribly cold and i dont feel like going out,
i think i'm going to pick this one...

has anyone seen it?
█████████ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2008, 07:28 PM   #1627
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RdTv

HOW WAS THAT SHIT?

SOMEONE WANTED ME TO GO TODAY AND I SAID "NO"

going to see blade runner instead
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.08.2008, 12:25 AM   #1628
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.08.2008, 11:06 AM   #1629
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses

film looks sooooooooo much better than dvd.

anyway, was it worth it? sure, i like the movie; but it's not a significantly different movie.

see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Versions_of_Blade_Runner

Differences

The Final Cut contains the following differences (in order of appearance) from the 1992 Director's Cut:
  1. The fireballs in the opening refinery shot are correctly synchronized with the associated light play on the smokestacks. Some of these had been off-sync in earlier versions.
  2. The shot of Deckard waiting to eat at the White Dragon has been shortened, its editing reminiscent of the workprint version of the shot. This was done due to the removal of the voiceover.
  3. Smoke has been added behind the cook when he serves Deckard.
  4. The cables lifting Gaff's police spinner are no longer plainly visible. (Cables were also removed from another shot of a spinner late in the film, just before Deckard enters Sebastian's apartment building.)
  5. As Deckard enters Bryant's office, Bryant's statement "I've got four skinjobs walking the streets" is no longer obviously a spliced-in re-recording.
  6. Bryant's line "One of them got fried running through an electrical field" is changed to "Two of them..." to remove the numerical inconsistency later on.
  7. Bryant adds a new line about Leon being able to lift 400 pound atomic loads all day and night. This is from the work print.
  8. All the violent scenes in the International Cut that were deleted in the U.S. theatrical release and Director's Cut are restored to the Final Cut.
  9. When Gaff and Deckard first appear at Leon's apartment, the landlord now says "Kowalski", another small bit originally from the workprint.
  10. A background behind Batty when he is first introduced speaking to Leon has been changed. As the shot was taken from a later scene, this has now been corrected to appear as if Batty is actually in the phone booth as Leon finds him.
  11. Deckard's conversation with the snake merchant Abdul Ben Hassan has been altered so that the dialogue is no longer out of sync; Ford's son, Ben, lip-synched the spoken dialog and his mouth was digitally placed over his father's.
  12. A shot of the busy crowds in the streets was restored. Immediately after that, a shot of two strippers wearing hockey goalie masks was restored. Finally, there's a shot of Deckard talking to another police officer just prior to Deckard entering the Snake Pit. These three shots had previously appeared in slightly different form in the workprint version.
  13. The original full-length version of the unicorn dream has been restored. This is a much different version than the one that appeared in the Director's Cut, and has never been in any version seen by the public prior to this one. Deckard is shown to be awake, previously he was asleep or nearly asleep.
  14. During Deckard's pursuit of Zhora, Joanna Cassidy's face has been digitally superimposed over that of the stunt double, Lee Pulford. This scene was re-filmed specifically for the Final Cut. Although great effort had been undertaken to replace stunt double face with Cassidy's, the tan-colored protective suit Pulford wore to protect against glass cuts is still visible.
  15. A scar on Deckard's face after his "retirement" of Zhora has been removed. Originally, the scene in which Deckard meets Bryant after retiring Zhora was to take place after his encounter with Leon, explaining the scar. This was done prior to the removal of the "sixth replicant," creating a continuity error. Due to the re-ordering, the scar was always present before Deckard had actually gotten it.
  16. When Batty confronts Tyrell, he says, "I want more life, father." (from the workprint version, an alternate take intended for but never used in television broadcasts of the film), as opposed to the original line "I want more life, fucker." The line also has a noticeably deeper tonal quality than the previous versions.
  17. The scene of Roy Batty crushing Tyrell's skull is now more graphic, with blood pouring out of Tyrell's eye sockets while Roy pushes his thumbs in them.
  18. After killing Tyrell, Batty says "I'm sorry Sebastian. Come. Come." when in the original he merely approached the frightened Sebastian. This is also from the workprint.
  19. When Pris attacks Deckard she hits him three times and also holds him up by his nostrils afterwards.
  20. When Deckard retires Pris he shoots her three times.
  21. After Batty releases the dove, it now flies up into a dark rainy sky instead of a blue sky.
---
it's just corrections and cleanups, that is all, but it's just the same movie--- except... better.
Old 03.08.2008, 11:17 AM   #1630
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
The Brother from Another Planet

ultracool
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.08.2008, 11:20 AM   #1631
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
The Brother from Another Planet

ultracool

oh fuck yes. the best john sayles movie probably.
Old 03.09.2008, 04:55 PM   #1632
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
There will be blood

I don't think it's great actually. The film is austere to the point of being boring, the story of the self-made man who gets corrupted isn't that original and there's something wrong with the main character's supposed misanthropy: he actually seems to be someone who cares about other people's existence and therefore his ending-up murdering people around him is not credible.
Old 03.10.2008, 01:03 AM   #1633
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses

Best damn romantic movie ever. No other even comes near this one. I never get tired of this movie, even though it makes me really sad.
Old 03.10.2008, 01:25 AM   #1634
Style
stalker

Style kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37

Best damn romantic movie ever. No other even comes near this one. I never get tired of this movie, even though it makes me really sad.

This is in my top 10.

As for myself. I'm planning on watching Dig! again. Not for the first time since I own it on dvd. I just haven't seen it in over a year and coming across some clips on youtube made me want to see it all over again.
Old 03.10.2008, 04:03 AM   #1635
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37

i loved these films
i showed my gf them, and we sat and watched them together

so nice
Old 03.10.2008, 04:21 AM   #1636
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

^^ julie delpy is superdelicious in that movie. i can't think of anyone watching it & not developing this insane crush on her. really an awesome film, even if it's a bit of an indulgent wish-fulfillment piece for gen-xers-- i loved it.
Old 03.10.2008, 04:46 AM   #1637
Style
stalker

i almost once had an opportunity to watch those films with a girl i had only talked to on the phone. it would've been cool because two people who never met getting together to watch a film about two people meeting for the first time and spending time together. but i ended up getting sick.
Old 03.10.2008, 04:51 AM   #1638
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses

Old 03.10.2008, 10:33 AM   #1639
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
me and the girlfriend watched some movies

Michael Clayton

I enjoyed the movie, I work in a law firm and they got all that shit dead on. I give it 3 1/2 stars out of 4, maybe just 3.

Elizabeth Golden Age

slightly boring romance disguised as history. Basically one of those movies where you are suposed to gaze lovingly at the "fabulous costumes!" total load of shit historically though. no reason for her to be nominated for an oscar for this.
I give it 2 1/2 stars. Not dreadful, but cannot recommend it.
Old 03.10.2008, 10:35 AM   #1640
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses

It was actually really good, much better than I was expecting, since I knew nothing of it until I saw it.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
72798081 82 838485921321825821082 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth