Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page hows things on SY board! and do you think SY will recover sometime in future?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.09.2013, 07:11 AM   #1
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
hi!

first of all want to say halo to everyone after my two years of hiatus on SY board. its nice to be back. hope this is still cool place to visit with lot of old school sy members + i believe lot of new members, where you can find a lot of cool stuff and inspiration and obviously lates sy info and gossip. so finger cross!

so whats your thoughts or maybe a vision on Sonic Youth's future?

i think we will going to see SY in the future, but question is with or without Kim, don't you think? personally i would prefer things would get better between T and K, but...or do you think Sonic Youth would not be called SY if they would take on board someone else? is it crazy idea, but then, would they really do it? hmm. anyway waiting time, finger crossed.

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2013, 08:20 AM   #2
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Was up green light? Hope things are kickass with you. This board is now like a post-menopausal woman who is still foxy and seductive but who needs to use copious amounts of lube to get sexy times.
Lee and thrust on and Kim and Steve have so many projects that it is awesome to have a place to keep track of them all! As far as new sonic youth stuff in future? I don't think it will happen. They are focusing on releasing archival material and live material and while that will rule, the days of SY as a creative force are gone I think. You never know though.
Old 08.09.2013, 08:35 AM   #3
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
hi rob! hows things on the "westcoast"? nice to see you around. this is nicely said and very much true fact, but i probably like your last sentence, jhehehe.!

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2013, 11:54 PM   #4
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Why after over a year of the new Firefox did I barely discover that to bring up the original style menu bar that I am familiar with you have to press ALT? Shit, I've been fucking around getting pissed trying to navigate the new set up for ever!! SOOOO much easier now. Wait, this isn't the Bitch About Shit That Is Pissing You Off II thread??

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2013, 12:05 AM   #5
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight

i think we will going to see SY in the future, but question is with or without Kim, don't you think?
I think you asking this question is like you accepting Kim Gordon never contributed enough to the band for her to be important about their existence. You suck. You're NOT a real Sonic youth fan. Go back to playing video games and wanking about girlfriends you'll never have.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2013, 01:04 AM   #6
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I think you asking this question is like you accepting Kim Gordon never contributed enough to the band for her to be important about this band's existence. You suck. You're NOT a real Sonic youth fan. Go back to playing video games and wanking about girlfriends you'll never have.
I agree with the substance of your post, but not the spirit.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2013, 07:32 PM   #7
stateyourrights
empty page

stateyourrights kicks all y'all's assesstateyourrights kicks all y'all's assesstateyourrights kicks all y'all's assesstateyourrights kicks all y'all's assesstateyourrights kicks all y'all's assesstateyourrights kicks all y'all's assesstateyourrights kicks all y'all's assesstateyourrights kicks all y'all's assesstateyourrights kicks all y'all's assesstateyourrights kicks all y'all's assesstateyourrights kicks all y'all's asses
I think it will happen someday. But i think its cool if they dont get together anytime soon. i mean, it would be nice if they did, but the "anticipation" of a reunion would make it even better if and when they do.
stateyourrights is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth