Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Sonic Youth in Dublin
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.03.2009, 07:46 PM   #161
Looney
empty page

Looney has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Swop!?
I've got 2 tickets, but for different areas of vicar street, one is for ground floor standing, one is for balcony standing.
The balcony ticket is from the recently released batch.
If anyone would be willing to do a straight swop so I could end up with 2 tickets for the same area that would be great.
You can e-mail me: stilllooney@gmail.com
Looney is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.04.2009, 02:55 PM   #162
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
yeah rich, dee is coming along. she hasnt seen sy since 1993..... also trying to get into the pub to see the spurs everton game in the afternoon too!!!!!
Old 12.05.2009, 11:45 PM   #163
The Journalist Boy
empty page

The Journalist Boy has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Not long now.. for the mesmerizing power... of Sonic Youth's eternal inspiring music!!
And if you can't appreciate what Sonic Youth do!'' then you can't experience what Rock'n'Roll is capable of at its very BEST!!
BUT if you can appreciate Sonic Youth,'' then you get something TRULY SPECIAL with their TIMELESS..... ROCK MUSIC!!!
The Journalist Boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.06.2009, 06:25 AM   #164
gar26
empty page

gar26 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Guys im travelling down from Belfast for the gig. I have found a car park near by which is open till midnight and its the latest i can find. Does anyone know what time the gig will be over as there are 2 supports and then the big one!!! Cheers in advance for any help!
gar26 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.06.2009, 07:47 AM   #165
Silver_Rocket
little trouble girl

Silver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gar26
Guys im travelling down from Belfast for the gig. I have found a car park near by which is open till midnight and its the latest i can find. Does anyone know what time the gig will be over as there are 2 supports and then the big one!!! Cheers in advance for any help!
if you look back about two pages someone posted the times, anyway sonic youth are due on from 9.30-11.30, so your grand, same situation as me, i have to catch a bus at 12
Old 12.06.2009, 08:41 AM   #166
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
guys. I've just seen SY last night at ATP. if the band going to be in same mood like last night it will be amazing. and I think we can expect DV69 with some noise outro for encore (hopefuly)! see you there!

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.06.2009, 12:26 PM   #167
john k
empty page

john k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's asses
24 hour parking in temple bar.
john k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.06.2009, 01:27 PM   #168
Semperet
little trouble girl

Semperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard sucka
Walking out the door now. Ohboy to the nth degree.
Semperet is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.06.2009, 07:07 PM   #169
john k
empty page

john k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's assesjohn k kicks all y'all's asses
brilliant show. ended with DV 69. top class.
john k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.06.2009, 07:31 PM   #170
Alan ciccone
bad moon rising

Alan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's asses
Just home. that was amazing. the sound was so good. maybe it was the small venue or the fact that the tour is over but they were on fire. Kim was singing amazingly well. It was so much better than Paris in October. I was in the clouds it was so good
Alan ciccone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.06.2009, 07:43 PM   #171
Semperet
little trouble girl

Semperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard sucka
Little short and the crowd were pretty dead except for the asshole Aussies behind me. Antenna spun out really nicely and has become quite the Expressway in miniature, What We Know was noisy, worked well. Malibu Gas Station was a highlight, but Massage the History bounced around the crowd in a sort of bizarre, reverential but ultimately hollow way; Sacred Trickster and Anti-Orgasm were, pardoning the expression, anticlimactic, but the last two songs, Shadow of a Doubt and Death Valley 69 were super. Sounded great and Kim, although her songs were predominant in the second half only, was in fine voice. Cross the Breeze was terrific.
Semperet is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.06.2009, 10:47 PM   #172
Alan ciccone
bad moon rising

Alan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's assesAlan ciccone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semperet
Little short and the crowd were pretty dead except for the asshole Aussies behind me. Antenna spun out really nicely and has become quite the Expressway in miniature, What We Know was noisy, worked well. Malibu Gas Station was a highlight, but Massage the History bounced around the crowd in a sort of bizarre, reverential but ultimately hollow way; Sacred Trickster and Anti-Orgasm were, pardoning the expression, anticlimactic, but the last two songs, Shadow of a Doubt and Death Valley 69 were super. Sounded great and Kim, although her songs were predominant in the second half only, was in fine voice. Cross the Breeze was terrific.

What we know really was deadly wasn't it? gotta disagree about sacred trickster though. I was lovin it
Alan ciccone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.07.2009, 07:01 AM   #173
Blue Eagle
empty page

Blue Eagle has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Just back in the UK after a cracking weekend in Dublin.

Fantastic venue, very intimate and the sound was great. I don't know what the crowds are normally like in Dublin, but I thought they were a little dead as well. It only seemed to be 'Cross the Breeze that got anyone going near me, but nothing like the mosh pit in London last month.

Shadow of a Doubt was a definite highlight and it was great to hear The Sprawl as well.
Blue Eagle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.07.2009, 07:25 AM   #174
Silver_Rocket
little trouble girl

Silver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver_Rocket kicks all y'all's asses
the crowd were definitely dead, around me anyway, a few assholes aswell, but SY were brilliant!
does anyone have the setlist yet?
Old 12.07.2009, 07:33 AM   #175
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
no way
sacred trickster
calming the snake
stereo sanctity
walking blue
poison arrow
anti-orgasm
tom violence
malibu gas staton
antenna
leaky lifeboat
what we know
massage the history
--
the sprawl
'cross the breeze
--
shadow of a doubt
dv 69

Old 12.07.2009, 07:40 AM   #176
cardboardbox
empty page

cardboardbox has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Fantastic gig... spent best part of two solid hours standing transfixed in front of Thurston... a kind of religious aparicion for a Sunday night. It was only the second time I've seen SY - the other time was at Pukkelpop a couple of years ago when they did the Daydream Nation thing. On both occasions the crowd seemed quiet - however I think there was a huge element of SY aficionados present last night who tend to take it in a kind of mesmerised trance rather than expressing it via the art of moshing. Dublin crowds are usually very much up for it - although there were a LOT of non-irish people there last night. Going nuts on a Sunday evening is tough when you are trying not to lose your job the next day... as a lot of us are at the moment
cardboardbox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.07.2009, 07:53 AM   #177
cardboardbox
empty page

cardboardbox has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semperet
Little short and the crowd were pretty dead except for the asshole Aussies behind me.

I am an Australian, and I find your need to identify the nationality of your neighbours slightly racist and/or patronising Semperet. Particularly considering that after nine years regularly attending gigs here in Dublin I still can't get over the astounding lack of respect Dublin crowds pay to performers by talking at full volume to each other throughout gigs - and as for the background noise you usually get when support bands are playing - it's absolutely disgraceful.

Glass Rock were very good last night by the way
cardboardbox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.07.2009, 07:54 AM   #178
greenlight
invito al cielo

what a great night! pretty much straight forward rock set. no T's freak outs, or prolonged noise parts, which was fine with me. ATP set made up for it. great sound last night. yeah, could be bit more louder but, hahaha. Sonic Sphere, fair play to you! btw. I'd really love that tape (copy would be nice, I'm going to pm you later). nice seeing you all! Pauly don't forget send me that address. pity i have not met Sergi...

one thing that ruined gig for me was someone farting somewhere. so disguisting. I don't know what he or she eat, but man! once or twice I survive, but....fucking hell. who ever you are I hate you!

so last sy gig this year. pity. which one will be next? i hope they'll be back in europe in the summer. or maybe i finally get to see them in their hometown? that would be so, so, great! and yeah, from what I've seen this year, talking about sy audience, spanish are definnitelly winners.

Old 12.07.2009, 07:57 AM   #179
greenlight
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboardbox
Fantastic gig... spent best part of two solid hours standing transfixed in front of Thurston... a kind of religious aparicion for a Sunday night. It was only the second time I've seen SY - the other time was at Pukkelpop a couple of years ago when they did the Daydream Nation thing. On both occasions the crowd seemed quiet - however I think there was a huge element of SY aficionados present last night who tend to take it in a kind of mesmerised trance rather than expressing it via the art of moshing. Dublin crowds are usually very much up for it - although there were a LOT of non-irish people there last night. Going nuts on a Sunday evening is tough when you are trying not to lose your job the next day... as a lot of us are at the moment

nicely explained. I wouldn't put it better..

Old 12.07.2009, 08:03 AM   #180
greenlight
invito al cielo

walking blue was def. highlight for me. classics as well obviously.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth