Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Marquee Moon gear
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.02.2006, 05:34 PM   #1
thindarkduke13
bad moon rising

thindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's asses
Anyone know the gear Velaine and Lloyd used on that album? It's driving me crazy.
Find the last poor Preterite one . . .
Till the Riders sleep by ev'ry road,
All through our crippl'd Zone,
With a face in ev'ry Mountainside
And a Soul in ev'ry stone

Now Everybody -
thindarkduke13 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.02.2006, 08:08 PM   #2
ricechex
the destroyed room

ricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's asses
Well, a Strat for Richard Lloyd and a Jazzmaster for Tom Verlaine. Fender amps, quite obvious. Probably Super's (4X10) or Twins. That's probably 95 % of their sound along with their individual styles that probably make the biggest difference of all. They probably have some modded up pedals that are unique, but again, more than anything the Fenders and their styles.

ricechex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.04.2006, 08:34 AM   #3
thindarkduke13
bad moon rising

thindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's assesthindarkduke13 kicks all y'all's asses
Didnt Verlaine have a really cool wood jazzmaster?
Find the last poor Preterite one . . .
Till the Riders sleep by ev'ry road,
All through our crippl'd Zone,
With a face in ev'ry Mountainside
And a Soul in ev'ry stone

Now Everybody -
thindarkduke13 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.04.2006, 12:17 PM   #4
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
Also, verlaine would multi-track his lead parts much liek the beatles did for their vocals to add extra some extra harmony and heavenliness
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.27.2006, 05:27 PM   #5
tramp-arse
little trouble girl

tramp-arse kicks all y'all's assestramp-arse kicks all y'all's assestramp-arse kicks all y'all's assestramp-arse kicks all y'all's assestramp-arse kicks all y'all's assestramp-arse kicks all y'all's assestramp-arse kicks all y'all's assestramp-arse kicks all y'all's assestramp-arse kicks all y'all's assestramp-arse kicks all y'all's assestramp-arse kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey alex
Also, verlaine would multi-track his lead parts much liek the beatles did for their vocals to add extra some extra harmony and heavenliness

Wasnt it Lloyd who multi-tracked his lead parts? i say this because i read that Verlaine would forget his parts too often or that they were more often than not completely improvised which would obviously make them rather difficult to re-record a second or third time! whereas Lloyd was more of a...a straight player i suppose. Knowing exactlywhat he was going to play and working through each part until he had exactly what he wanted.

Anyway, just a wee thought. Im obsessed by them.
tramp-arse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth