Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page the internet is toxic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.15.2008, 09:09 AM   #1
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
everything on it degrades to shit after a short while.

maybe it's the impersonality of text or maybe it's simply a hyper-accelerated version of real life.

in this thread we discuss everything that's shitty about the internet. yr thoughts and ideas will matter here (for approximately 36 hours).

go go go go!

floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2008, 09:21 AM   #2
al shabbray

every data stored on the web consumes eletric energy, which sucks when you think about all those dead myspace accounts for example, or senseless threads of course. I think especially those huge social networking sites and their huge serverfarms are one of the biggest co2 whores existing
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2008, 09:27 AM   #3
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
the biggest CO2 whore and pollutant out there is electricity generation, you are correct.
damned dead links!
Old 08.15.2008, 09:29 AM   #4
shentov
expwy. to yr skull

shentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's asses
i don't care. i want the super powers. i want to become a jedi !
Old 08.15.2008, 09:37 AM   #5
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
my superpower is invisibility.

how many "people" do you know (or think you know, or think you think you know) that have disappeared into the ether?

there are no milk cartons to look at, and if there were, you wouldn't recognize the faces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Email_081508.1
Where you been man you like fell of the face of wow hahahah just wondering what you been up to making sure your still alive bro. talk to you later

no. most likely you won't. I am sublimating into the dataflow.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2008, 09:41 AM   #6
al shabbray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
the biggest CO2 whore and pollutant out there is electricity generation, you are correct.
damned dead links!

Ive recently read about some server farms for germany based sites like studivz.de (germanies facebook) and they alone are secured in the case of a blackout through 3 diesel tanker (this huge ships) engines, where each got a tank of 30000 liter of diesel. and if it cames to a blackout these engines can hold up for 2 or 3 days till almost 100000 liter of diesel are sucked up. the thing is, the heat this engines would create would make it impossible for one of berlins airports to be used, cause these will evoke a heatwall which could interrupt planes behaviour while landing. I think thats sick
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2008, 09:53 AM   #7
shentov
expwy. to yr skull

shentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's asses
i agree... thats sick... germany's facebook....
Old 08.15.2008, 09:54 AM   #8
al shabbray

yes
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2008, 11:12 AM   #9
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Everything's toxic.

But yeah, the internet is going to take over the world moreso than it has now to the point where everyone only interacts online and won't have to deal with real life problems at all. I already know people who never leave the house, who only sit on their computer all day long. No, not me, I leave my house a lot. Hah. But.. you know.. I dunno.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2008, 11:21 AM   #10
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
It's not so much what I would consider toxic as it is just a disaster area; it needs to be cleaned up. If you want to get a feel for what I mean, go to stumbleupon.com, get the toolbar, and start "stumbling" around the internet. Even for the the regular internet user, it's surprising how much crap there is. Blog after blog of the same thing, "20 Awesome Pictures!" or "How To Annoy Your Co-workers!" Somebody needs to pick up the cyber-vacuum and do a little spring cleaning on all of this crap.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2008, 11:30 AM   #11
al shabbray

but the question is who should do that. and who should decide what is crap and whats not?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2008, 11:31 AM   #12
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
everything on it degrades to shit after a short while.

time runs faster here.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2008, 12:03 PM   #13
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Soon enough we will all have internet names.

(rep to anyone who gets the reference)
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2008, 12:05 PM   #14
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I need to bathe and shave and clean my stink balls.

Online.

Old 08.15.2008, 12:06 PM   #15
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

The internet is the retina of the mind's eye!

Old 08.15.2008, 12:14 PM   #16
al shabbray

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I need to bathe and shave and clean my stink balls.

Online.
me too

for real
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2008, 12:49 PM   #17
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by al shabbray
but the question is who should do that. and who should decide what is crap and whats not?

I thought I made it pretty clear that I should do it?
Old 08.15.2008, 12:52 PM   #18
al shabbray

ok then there is no problem anymore
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2008, 02:48 PM   #19
afterthefact
invito al cielo

good.

good.
Old 08.15.2008, 02:55 PM   #20
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Y'know what's good about the interweb? Us humans can converse with the robot people, and all is good.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth