Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Groundwater Music
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.26.2006, 01:35 PM   #21
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
anyway, i was going to check your code & suggest a way to code your page, so i'll have to do it without the benefit of lookng at the source code

i suggest something like this:

<div id="review" class="boxy">
<h2>reviews</h2>
<p> bla bla blah</p>
<ul>
<li>bla ba bla </li>
<li> bla bla blee </li>
<li> bla bla bloom </li>
</ul>
</div>

notice it has an id and a class since there can only be 1 id per page and this belongs to a class of "boxy" boxes.

then you'd style it something like this:

.boxy {
width: 20%;
backround: #fc9 url(/images/boxybackground.png) repeat-y top left;
/* the background image repeats to fit the length of the box */
color: #c93;
padding: 1em;
float: left;
}

that would float about 5 boxes next to each other each with a bg image and if the image doesn't download the ffcc99 color covers yer ass.

padding can mess up some times the alignment depending on the box model of each browser uses, so putting a div within a div becomes (oh no!) necessary so it inner elements can all adjust within your 20% thing that divides your page in (say) 5 boxes per line.

if you want something specific only to this box, you'edefine it in the id style

#review {
border: 1px dashed #900;
clear: left; /* this would in theory move the box to float in the next line rather that next to the previous box element ; in other words, "review" would be first on the left */
}

that's more or less it, i hope it helps, have fun. there may be syntax errors in the code above but i can't check right now.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.26.2006, 02:46 PM   #22
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
i can see the site content with IE,but the logo has a strange light-blue background.i think it's supposed to be transparent,but it's not....
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.26.2006, 05:24 PM   #23
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
i can see the site content with IE,but the logo has a strange light-blue background.i think it's supposed to be transparent,but it's not....

dead on. I'm fixing it right now . I resolved quite a few of the problems we were encountering too. The DN works on all browsers now, just have to fix the background from repeating....
Old 09.26.2006, 09:10 PM   #24
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Fixed pretty much all the problems, I'm not finding anything wrong at the moment. Did most of the contact page other than the legal stuff. If you don't wish to have your actual name on the page for privacy reasons, just give me a shout and I'll fix it up for you.
Old 09.26.2006, 11:11 PM   #25
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
My login doesn't seem to work correctly. Could you send me an e-mail with my password in it? I might have typed something wrong.
Old 09.26.2006, 11:23 PM   #26
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
for your login, did you include "@groundwatermusic.com"?
Old 09.26.2006, 11:27 PM   #27
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Yes. And I tried it the other way.
Old 09.26.2006, 11:29 PM   #28
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Oh, well that sucks.

I sent you an email from my account. It went to Hasche@groundwatermusic.com

It seemed to go through, so I guess it is just a password thing...
Old 09.26.2006, 11:30 PM   #29
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

Yeah.
Old 09.27.2006, 09:56 AM   #30
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Sorry about that hayden. I was unable to PM you and I was really caught up in a lot of things with fixing up the site.

Your password was too long, so I made it the same as the one you gave me without the last 4 numbers. You can switch your password at any time as well. Sorry about that
Old 09.27.2006, 10:40 AM   #31
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

Yeah. I don't have pms. I forgot to tell you that.

Thanks.
Old 09.27.2006, 01:24 PM   #32
racehorse
100%

racehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's asses
couldn't help to notice that the mailto link on the site (the "contact webmaster") is spelt wrong, it is spelt as webmaster@groundwdatermusic.com. sorry to nitpick, i wasn't intentially looking out for it or anything but these things come to me.
racehorse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2006, 01:54 PM   #33
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse
couldn't help to notice that the mailto link on the site (the "contact webmaster") is spelt wrong, it is spelt as webmaster@groundwdatermusic.com. sorry to nitpick, i wasn't intentially looking out for it or anything but these things come to me.

Thanks! No, it's really good when people point these things out. Better than havinga broken link . thanks again!
Old 09.27.2006, 07:41 PM   #34
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
Reviewers:

Jaime Bastien jbastien@groundwatermusic.com
Joel Switzer jswitzer@groundwatermusic.com>
Tom Weber tweber@groundwatermusic.com
Marcos Hassan mhassan@groundwatermusic.com
Danny Fitzgerald dfitzgerald@groundwatermusic.com
Jonathan Marks jmarks@groundwatermusic.com
Brendan Green bgreen@groundwatermusic.com
Alex Taitague ataitague@groundwatermusic.com
Jade Ryan jryan@groundwatermusic.com
Hayden Asche hasche@groundwatermusic.com

If only knew how leet i feel right now.
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2006, 07:47 PM   #35
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Now our identies are all going to be stolen.
Old 09.27.2006, 07:53 PM   #36
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
Now our identies are all going to be stolen.

If you read one of my posts on a previous page, I said that if you're not comfortable with your name on the interweb, I can take it off for ya ASAP
Old 09.27.2006, 07:55 PM   #37
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
What else is there to contribute besides reviews?
I'd like to help out.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2006, 08:08 PM   #38
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman
If you read one of my posts on a previous page, I said that if you're not comfortable with your name on the interweb, I can take it off for ya ASAP
Haha, I was just kidding. Cool though. Thanks for the site by the way.
Old 09.27.2006, 08:15 PM   #39
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadicfollower
I'd like to help out.

Pretty much anything really!

-I really want to focus on news, you can never get enough news
-If you're a visual or digital artist, you can help with logo's/wallpaper
-Interviews with bands are nice, even if they are small bands, you can refer the site to them and they'll have themselves + all their friends visiting, which would promote the site a little, and the more people we get, the more money I can put into the site
-If you're a programmer, I could use a lot of help with that. It's going to take me forever until the site is done alone, especially once I get some audio RRS feeds in there.
-Money contributions, although I definately don't expect people to donate money.
-Obtaining copyrights would be nice, so instead of having hotlinks to illegal sources we'll have them ourselves.

Thanks very much!
Rob
Old 09.27.2006, 08:16 PM   #40
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadicfollower
I'd like to help out.

I sort of want to do something with Hayden, a feature where we poke fun at bad music. If you have any ideas and want to collaborate, shoot me a PM.

I've been working on a review, "NYC G+F Revisited", is the working title.. can I post it on here just to get a few tips on how I could improve?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth