Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Mike Watt Guests on Kelly Clarkson Record
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.21.2006, 10:26 AM   #21
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
Right.

And Mr. Glice, spare us the "I'm too cool to know who Mike Watt is" act.

EDIT: By the way, who is Kelly Clarkson?

Hehe. No, I honestly had no idea who he was. I could always have looked it up, but where's the fun in that? I am very cool though, you're entirely right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2006, 01:48 PM   #22
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
I just think that Watt has been around the block (and proven his 'cred' many times over, not that that really matters) a few times to where I have no problem with him taking liberties with doing something a bit out of the ordinary. He's a great bass player (and the man I credit to making me play).

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2006, 01:50 PM   #23
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
the guy is an awesome bassist.

look at the fog live dinosaur songs, he adds so much to them
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2006, 01:53 PM   #24
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
Seen him many times (got him to autograph my Ball Hog Or Tug Boat LP first time I saw him in 95) and caught him on a J/Fog tour in '00 and it was awesome.

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2006, 02:10 PM   #25
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravitySlips
The guy just wants to play bass, good for him. He deserves any money he gets.

And I'll be listening to Kelly Clarkson's new album because of this. So it's good for her too.

yes to #1, no to #2, but yes, fuck, people have a right to work without worshippers throwing a fit. sheesh...
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2006, 02:19 PM   #26
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Steve Shelley is playing drums on this record as well.

I think someone also said something about a Merzbow appearance.
Old 11.21.2006, 02:29 PM   #27
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
http://static.pitchforkmedia.com/ima...yclarkson.jpg?

Mike Watt Guests on Kelly Clarkson Record
"Political Song for Kelly Clarkson to Sing"
Former Minuteman, current Stooge, and all-around inspiring guy Mike Watt's most recent recording gig made us smile so much that we just had to share it. (And so did that picture!)
Watt tells us that over the past two weeks, he spent a couple of days in the studio laying down bass tracks for Kelly Clarkson's new album. (That would be the follow-up to 2004's Breakaway--the one with "Since U Been Gone" on it.) He did such a good job of explaining it himself in the emails he sent to Pitchfork that we'll just let him do what he does best and spiel:
"The producer/engineer David Kahne is an old friend, and that's why I was asked aboard, though the guitarist and co-songwriter, Jimmy Messer, knew all about my history and was very enthusiastic; he's a great cat. Actually, it was pretty interesting. I didn't [know] what to expect, but [Kahne] had me trying all kinds of tripping stuff. Altogether, I played on six [songs]. They were already recorded, and I was replacing and adding in bass.
"Everyone there gave me much respect even with me being nervous, big time at first. I knew nothing of Kelly Clarkson before this but can tell you, in my opinion, that she can sing her ass off. Man, she's got pipes and goes for it. She also didn't have any airs or a big posse of sycophants and was just plain up-front people, which to me is very happening 'cause I ain't so used to all the fronting that can go [on] in some scenes.
"It was a challenge too 'cause it was much different than where I've been with music, but different is good, especially when what the people involved wanted was to hear someone working a bass like they meant it, and that's where I've always tried to come from.
"When [Clarkson] had to bail, she said to [Kahne], 'I think the old punk guy idea's a good one,' and we all laughed. It's just studio stuff, and I haven't been asked to be in any band for a gig or tour.
Old 11.21.2006, 08:53 PM   #28
amyvega
bad moon rising

amyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's assesamyvega kicks all y'all's asses
good for him, i hope he makes a zillion bucks out of this
amyvega is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.22.2006, 12:00 AM   #29
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyvega
good for him, i hope he makes a zillion bucks out of this
me too. and then gets hit by a bus.
Old 11.22.2006, 04:37 AM   #30
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
His name is not Earl, Catanky.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.22.2006, 09:07 AM   #31
lucyrulesok
100%

lucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asses
watt does seem to be something of a whore...
but good for him if he plays how he wants and gets a shitload of money out of it. doesn't make me respect clarkson any more though, and certainly isn't going to make me listen to her album.
lucyrulesok is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.22.2006, 10:38 AM   #32
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses

Old 11.22.2006, 04:16 PM   #33
strictlycommercial
bad moon rising

strictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's assesstrictlycommercial kicks all y'all's asses
Nice.
That man is the heart and soul of music, a real battle scarred veteran. As far as I can tell he's willing to play with pretty much anyone as long as they can bring something to the table which adds to my respect for him if anything.

Doubt he would have got that much money out of it & I very much doubt that her album sales will benifit much as he isn't exactly a household name. I'd assume he did it more for the experience than anything else. Would have done the same myself.
strictlycommercial is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.22.2006, 04:50 PM   #34
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
What other goobers are writing:

Re: Mike Watt (Minutemen, Stooges) joins Kelly Clarkson on new album
by nocigar on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 4:01 PM (EST)
Hahahah
[ Reply ]
by SkolarX on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 4:02 PM (EST)
www.myspace.com/skolarx
interesting. Watt is probably the nicest guy i've ever met doing shows. he gave me a history lesson about some of the venues in downtown Detroit. probably actually learned more from working that show than any other show i've ever done.
[ Reply ]
by Someone on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 4:02 PM (EST)
Fifty-second!

Thats an odd collaboration if I do say so myself (And I do).
[ Reply ]
  • Re: Mike Watt (Minutemen, Stooges) joins Kelly Clarkson on new album
    by Someone on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 5:02 PM (EST)
    No dude. Odd is Ben Folds, William Shatner, Adrian Belew, and Henry Rollins in the same studio together. This only begins to approach that.
    [ Reply ]
by SuperRad on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 4:04 PM (EST)
"all kinds of tripping stuff"

Ugh...

Furthermore, Clarkson is fucking hot.
[ Reply ]
  • Re: Mike Watt (Minutemen, Stooges) joins Kelly Clarkson on n
    by Cos on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 4:57 PM (EST)
    Disagreed.
    [ Reply ]
      by wagner1979 on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 5:28 PM (EST)
      www.takeflightmedia.com
      have you ever seen Kelly Clarkson or Secretariat in the same room??
      it's not a coincidence.

Any Stern fans? when High Pitch pretended to be KElly Clarkson.

[ Reply ]
        by Someone on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 5:30 PM (EST)
        This is Kelly Clarkson...who's High Pitch? FIRE!
        [ Reply ]
      Re: Mike Watt (Minutemen, Stooges) joins Kelly Clarkson on n
      by clamum on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 9:37 PM (EST)
      You're either gay or fucking retarded if you don't think she's hot. Or one of those nerds that won't hesitate to say "she's not hot" when he couldn't get a girl to eat dinner with him if he paid her a million dollars.
      [ Reply ]
        by Someone on Tuesday, November 21, 2006 at 1:42 AM (EST)
        maybe he(?) just doesn't think she's hot? i am not gay (not that there is anything wrong with being gay...and not that gays arent perfectly capable of deciding who they think is hot), and i am not retarded (not that there is anything wrong with being retarded...and not that retarded people aren't capable of deciding who they think is attractive), and i am not a nerd who can't get girls to eat dinner with me (not that nerds cant eat dinner with girls), and i don't think kelly clarkson is any more than pretty cute. definitelly not "fucking hot"
        [ Reply ]
    by frostbrewliner on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 6:25 PM (EST)
    She has a big butt. I like it.
    [ Reply ]
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.22.2006, 04:51 PM   #35
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
by RinjoNjori on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 4:05 PM (EST)
http://anothersunnydayinpop.blogspot.com/
Based on all I have seen and heard about Kelly Clarkson she appears to be cool. If Watt gets more exposure becuase of it then that is very cool as well.
[ Reply ]
by Osloboditelj on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 4:06 PM (EST)
http://www.last.fm/user/Epicentric/
What the fuck?
[ Reply ]
    by tbeat on Tuesday, November 21, 2006 at 11:58 AM (EST)
    Yes
    [ Reply ]
by sfbarker on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 4:06 PM (EST)
http://www.houstonmusicreview.com
This will be the greatest moment in musical history. Just watch. It will have all the street-cred of Black Flag's Damaged and the selling power of Michael Jackson's Thriller. Mike Watt is a god amongst men and Kelly Clarkson is a girl I'd fuck on the table during Thanksgiving in front of my entire family if it was the only way it could go down...yeah, she's that cute. I

Seriously though, the paragraph above is the god's honest truth.
[ Reply ]
    by Someone on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 4:20 PM (EST)
    I'll give you that second one. Now, what were you saying about Kelly Clarkson and Black Flag? I know that Henry Rollins has done some corny shit (vh1 appearances, etc.), but Kelly Clarkson getting punk or hardcore cred? Really?
    [ Reply ]
      by Someone on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 4:33 PM (EST)
      MIke Watt toured with Black Flag in the early 80's
      [ Reply ]
        by Someone on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 5:18 PM (EST)
        no shit sherlock. he didnt say that.
        [ Reply ]
      by Someone on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 8:51 PM (EST)
      Kelly Clarkson toured with Black Flag in the 80s
      [ Reply ]
        by usversusthem on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 9:08 PM (EST)
        Mike Watt touches little kids.
        [ Reply ]
    by Someone on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 4:21 PM (EST)
    I'll give you that second one. Now, what were you saying about Kelly Clarkson and Black Flag? I know that Henry Rollins has done some corny shit (vh1 appearances, etc.), but Kelly Clarkson getting punk or hardcore cred? Really?
    [ Reply ]
by Someone on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 4:07 PM (EST)
Top ten things you didn't expect to read today.

and in other news my "band of the moment" was The Stooges...nice timing.
[ Reply ]
by sfbarker on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 4:09 PM (EST)
Also, the Kelly Clarkson/Iggy and the Stooges 2007 World Tour "Since U Been at the Funhouse!" will be the top grossing tour of all time.
[ Reply ]
by Wentz_Equals_Death on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 4:09 PM (EST)
it's SAT time again, kids!

kelly clarkson : mike watt :: kelly osbourne : _______________ ?

a) p!nk
b) rob aston
c) lordz
d) gwen stefani
e) none of the above
[ Reply ]
    by Someone on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 4:15 PM (EST)
    I place my bets on Skinhead Rob everytime.
    [ Reply ]
Old 11.22.2006, 04:51 PM   #36
atari 2600
invito al cielo

by TheOneTrueBill on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 5:01 PM (EST)
    http://www.last.fm/user/BlitzzkriegBill/
    He's this generation's Bob Dylan.
    [ Reply ]
      by Someone on Tuesday, November 21, 2006 at 1:43 AM (EST)
      Hahahaha
      [ Reply ]
by Citizen_Crack on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 6:26 PM (EST)
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewpro
They took analogies out of the SATs. I was good at those too...
[ Reply ]
by Someone on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 4:10 PM (EST)
Ted Leo's cover of Since U Been Gone is freakin' sweet
[ Reply ]Re: Mike Watt (Minutemen, Stooges) joins Kelly Clarkson on new album
by Someone on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 4:11 PM (EST)
now that's what i call jamming econo!

kidding though, watt can basically do whatever he wants at this point in his life and still have more cred than just about anyone else out there.
[ Reply ]
    by Someone on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 5:04 PM (EST)
    I second that shit.
    [ Reply ]
      by Someone on Tuesday, November 21, 2006 at 11:12 AM (EST)
      fuckin' right
      [ Reply ]
by Osloboditelj on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 4:12 PM (EST)
I don't get all the claims that Kelly Clarkson is hot. She's not particularly attractive at all, unless you consider "sang one of the most annoying songs of the last couple years" sexy.
[ Reply ]
Old 11.22.2006, 04:51 PM   #37
atari 2600
invito al cielo

by SkolarX on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 4:59 PM (EST)
www.myspace.com/skolarx
she has a very cute face. sort of chubby cheeks and nice eyes get me every time but outside of that i agree totally. nothing too incredible, she is on a stage though and for a lot of people that seems to make plain or even ugly super attractive
[ Reply ]
by Neill_Cawley on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 4:17 PM (EST)
www.myspace.com/kimnrisownmylife
I may be gay, but I still know who is hot and who is not. So I can honestly say, without any hesitation, that Mike Watt is a fine piece of ass.
-Neill Cawley
AIM-Longlivetheduck2
-Kelly Clarkson, on the other hand, is something I wouldn't stick my weiner in even if she changed her name to Omar Rodriguez-Lopez and grew a penis.
[ Reply ]
by Someone on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 4:18 PM (EST)
who are you kidding? you're a bottom if i've ever met one
[ Reply ]
by Cos on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 5:07 PM (EST)
Neil, I love you.
[ Reply ]
by Neill_Cawley on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 6:18 PM (EST)
www.myspace.com/kimnrisownmylife
I knew it! I knew that if I kept trying message boards, eventually a community would have other gay people. I tried rap, emo, metal, and country sites, but not one had as many gays as this punk site.
-Neill Cawley
AIM-Longlivetheduck2
-Now, please form a line, lower your pants, and we will begin the insertion process.
[ Reply ]
by speeds on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 8:12 PM (EST)
really? not even metal?
[ Reply ]
by MrStylson on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 5:10 PM (EST)
holy shit you keep getting funnier. good work.
[ Reply ]
by Someone on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 8:23 PM (EST)
No, really, everyone. I personally know Neill Cawley... and trust me, he's a fag. Don't worry.
[ Reply ]
by Someone on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 8:50 PM (EST)
I personally know someone's bday is tomorrow!
[ Reply ]
by ryanbolger on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 4:21 PM (EST)
www.fugaze.com
michael richards, anyone?
[ Reply ]
by SkolarX on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 4:35 PM (EST)
www.myspace.com/skolarx
i just watched that. he flew off the fucking handle. i've seen comedians get pissed at the crowd (watch what happens if you see chappelle and people start yelling "i'm rick james bitch") but that was incredible. interesting to see what people will say when they don't think, and even more interesting to see what people in positions like that really think
Old 11.22.2006, 04:52 PM   #38
atari 2600
invito al cielo

[ Reply ]
by ryanbolger on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 4:59 PM (EST)
www.fugaze.com
david cross is the king of dealing with people heckling him.
in this case, i think michael richards took it a little too far.
and by a little, i mean a lot.
[ Reply ]
by SkolarX on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 5:02 PM (EST)
www.myspace.com/skolarx
yeah, i'm bummed by it. doubt i'll be able to watch uhf and not think of that now
[ Reply ]
by Someone on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 5:12 PM (EST)
The real life of Cosmo Kramer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShfulB6BmOk
[ Reply ]
by Someone on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 4:22 PM (EST)
Haha. Weird. Nice favor though. Good guy.
[ Reply ]
by Someone on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 4:29 PM (EST)
$$$
[ Reply ]
by JoeyMagnet on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 4:32 PM (EST)
http://www.recordnerd.com/lists/Magnet!Magnet!/
If you are going to get a bass player to play on your album, it might as well be one of the best.
[ Reply ]
by spalmer on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 4:42 PM (EST)
www.last.fm/user/stevenpalmer
Punk legend Michael Richards a racist, how about that, guys?
[ Reply ]
by SkolarX on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 4:49 PM (EST)
www.myspace.com/skolarx
punk legend?
the video of that is incredible, dude went nuts. i've heard people who are practically klan members who don't take it that far
[ Reply ]
by Someone on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 4:59 PM (EST)
Its on the news right now
[ Reply ]
by SkolarX on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 5:00 PM (EST)
www.myspace.com/skolarx
it makes that mel gibson rant look like nothing
[ Reply ]
by Someone on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 4:53 PM (EST)
Can someone put it on Youtube and send a link? I can't view it on any of the sites it is currently on.
[ Reply ]
by SkolarX on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 4:57 PM (EST)
www.myspace.com/skolarx
cnn.com has it on their video links. i didn't realise how vile it was going to be and watched it at work. could have been a huge mistake
[ Reply ]
by punkbytheounce on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 6:34 PM (EST)
http://www.threechords.org/forum/index.php
I find it funny that CNN looks to Jerry Seinfeld for comment. They're two completely separate people, brought together by one's big gig on the other's comedy show.
[ Reply ]
by Someone on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 5:21 PM (EST)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShfulB6BmOk
[ Reply ]
by ryanbolger on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 5:04 PM (EST)
www.fugaze.com
i think he may have seen this as an opportunity to go "kaufman" on the crowd... i don't think it panned out for the best.
[ Reply ]
by SkolarX on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 5:09 PM (EST)
www.myspace.com/skolarx
i don't know, he doesn't seem to be half the actor that kaufman was and it seemed like he really lost it. it could have been some halfassed last ditch effort to get his name back out there since nothing since seinfeld has panned out for him but i don't think that would exactly be the correct way to go about it. this will be one case where "there is no such thing as bad press" doesn't apply
[ Reply ]
by ryanbolger on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 5:13 PM (EST)
www.fugaze.com
this will most likely kill what remains of his career.
the press is going to eat this up and it will haunt him for the rest of his days.
he should have just tried to one up duatin diamond.... "michael richards presents bukake bombs over bagdhad" maybe?
[ Reply ]
by ryanbolger on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 5:18 PM (EST)
www.fugaze.com
have you seen the episode of "fridays" in which kaufman is the guest on?
that's where i find the whole kaufman/richards connection of pre-arranged gags notion in relation to this.
[ Reply ]
by ryanbolger on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 5:04 PM (EST)
www.fugaze.com
i think he may have seen this as an opportunity to go "kaufman" on the crowd... i don't think it panned out for the best.
[ Reply ]
by Someone on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 5:22 PM (EST)
Michael Richards is not only still alive but working?
[ Reply ]
by Someone on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 5:34 PM (EST)
who the f is mike richards
[ Reply ]
by SkolarX on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 5:47 PM (EST)
www.myspace.com/skolarx
Stanley from uhf and Kramer from Seinfeld
[ Reply ]
by woodandiron on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 6:52 PM (EST)
www.last.fm/user/bromidestain
Maybe quelling civil rights demonstrations with fire hoses is where Michael Richards learned the joy of drinking from the fire hose.
/Definitely a stretch for a joke.
[ Reply ]
by BrandonSideleau on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 6:51 PM (EST)
http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/BrandonSideleau/
What a moron........the guy was an asshole for sure...but what does him being black have to do with it???? Absolutely nothing.......by calling the man a "nigger" he is implying that "the reason he is an asshole is because he is black"...I highly doubt Richards would have called a white heckler a "cracker", which proves my point that he's either blatantly racist OR he went for something that went totally and completely wrong and blew up in his face. Either way, it wasn't funny and it makes him look like a fucking idiot.
[ Reply ]
by Someone on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 11:55 PM (EST)
I thnik he was trying to imitate bill hicks not andy kaufman, and instead of bashing females bashed black people http://youtube.com/watch?v=yZ1fXTx0-uk
Old 11.22.2006, 04:52 PM   #39
atari 2600
invito al cielo

[ Reply ]
by skeetskurt on Tuesday, November 21, 2006 at 1:11 PM (EST)
it does remind me of that damn blue collar comedy tour!!!
[ Reply ]
by kingofsuck on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 4:45 PM (EST)
http://www.threechords.org/forum/pro...ode=viewprofil
Weird. I don't mind Kelly Clarkson. She makes some damn-fine pop music.
[ Reply ]
by Someone on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 4:53 PM (EST)
I'd do her 9 ways to sunday
[ Reply ]
by Someone on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 4:55 PM (EST)
http://www.threechords.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=170
Is the guy in the front wearing the red and white hat and NN2S shirt Mitch Clem?
[ Reply ]
by Vincent_M on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 5:13 PM (EST)
I don't think so, Mitch doesn't have black hair.
[ Reply ]
by MrStylson on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 5:11 PM (EST)
She's got a good voice, writes catchy pop songs, is pretty, and now works with an all-time great bassist.
I see nothing wrong with this.
[ Reply ]
by Someone on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 5:13 PM (EST)
can i say sell0ut !?!

[ Reply ]
by Someone on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 6:08 PM (EST)
you'd have to buy-in in order to sell out. honestly i think watt is above all that silliness. the man can do whatever he wants and not tarnish his past. its not like he was ever out there claiming to be punker than thou
[ Reply ]
by Jimmy_the_Saint on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 5:58 PM (EST)
http://livingincyn.blogspot.com
As long as he gets good money for it.
[ Reply ]
by Someone on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 6:05 PM (EST)
Well, here we are again in French Indochina...
[ Reply ]
by Osloboditelj on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 6:40 PM (EST)
Was this our policy? Ten long years... Not one domino shall fall.
[ Reply ]
by Someone on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 7:09 PM (EST)
Maybe Watt can give that pig a history lesson
[ Reply ]
by Wildandrestless on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 6:34 PM (EST)
Clarkson looks like a pretty cool chick to me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4sJMcgeDe0
[ Reply ]
by usversusthem on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 9:15 PM (EST)
Wow.
I hadn't seen her with short hair... damn.
Damn.
[ Reply ]
by Someone on Tuesday, November 21, 2006 at 12:08 AM (EST)
that is a sweet video, makes me want to do her in the butt
[ Reply ]
by Scruffy on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 6:56 PM (EST)
http://www.myspace.com/loveandsqualor
Psssh. You Canadians, spelling "favor" with a "u".
[ Reply ]
by Someone on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 8:55 PM (EST)
Pssh, no big deal. Debbie Gibson was on a Circle Jerks album (Patti Smith's I wanna destroy you) so I look at it as tit-for-tat
-OctEgon
[ Reply ]
by Someone on Tuesday, November 21, 2006 at 12:56 PM (EST)
i thought i wanna destroy you was a soft boys song?
[ Reply ]
by Someone on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 8:55 PM (EST)
Pssh, no big deal. Debbie Gibson was on a Circle Jerks album (Patti Smith's I wanna destroy you) so I look at it as tit-for-tat
-OctEgon
Old 11.22.2006, 04:52 PM   #40
atari 2600
invito al cielo

[ Reply ]
by Wentz_Equals_Death on Tuesday, November 21, 2006 at 7:37 PM (EST)
WHOA i totally forgot about that. jeezus. and that video was on beavis and butthead
[ Reply ]
by Someone on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 10:01 PM (EST)
Hi, long-time reader, first time poster.
Kelly Clarkson's hotness + Mike Watt = screaming for a joke about "blowing clams."
[ Reply ]
by BrandonSideleau on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 10:18 PM (EST)
http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/BrandonSideleau/
Mike Watt, like Iggy Pop, is so legendary he is automatically excused for a few mainstream pop thrills. Only this would be the first for Watt. No big deal, he's easily the greatest bassist alive right now and, just as Iggy Pop is the king of rock n roll (fuck elvis), Mike Watt is the bassmaster.
[ Reply ]
by wyzo on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 10:52 PM (EST)
i have no qualms that while she is mass consumed, i find her hooks catchy. If I catch it on the radio and right wing talk isn't on to make me angry, or NPR is some wierd book reading, i might put it on until it ends and evanescence begins.
wyzo
[ Reply ]
by Someone on Tuesday, November 21, 2006 at 12:38 AM (EST)
yeah dude, kelly clarkson is totally hot...
http://pitchforkmedia.com/page/news/Mike_Watt_Guests_on _Kelly_Clarkson_Record
....shudder.
[ Reply ]
by sfbarker on Tuesday, November 21, 2006 at 10:01 AM (EST)
Whatever...see how you look with no makeup, a zit and the fatigue of jamming econo for like 18 hours in the studio. I'm sure Watt was rocking it so hard, it melted her face a bit. She's still damn sexy. I've met her, she's cute in person. Really cute.
[ Reply ]
by john_stone on Tuesday, November 21, 2006 at 1:06 AM (EST)
What's wrong with you fuckers? Why do people accept Kelly Clarkson? She sucks.
[ Reply ]
by MsJustinChris on Tuesday, November 21, 2006 at 4:22 AM (EST)
www.flickr.com/photos/msjustinchris
Because people want to stick her up the ass.
[ Reply ]
by Someone on Tuesday, November 21, 2006 at 12:11 PM (EST)
You're confused. We don't approve of Kelly Clarkson. We approve of Mike Watt.
[ Reply ]
by Ghost_of_D_Boon on Tuesday, November 21, 2006 at 11:31 AM (EST)
http://www.hootpage.com
Very trippy news.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth