Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Anyone else gotten their copy of the Eternal yet?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.08.2009, 01:06 PM   #61
GrungeMonkey
100%

GrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard sucka
do you get a download with the LP? The girl in the shop said you do but I cant work out how its done...
GrungeMonkey is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.08.2009, 01:27 PM   #62
EvdWee
100%

EvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard sucka
got it saturday

right now the first listen on vinyl.
EvdWee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.08.2009, 01:33 PM   #63
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvdWee
got it saturday

right now the first listen on vinyl.

Kool, I have yet to actually, "listen" to the vinyl. I've only been listening to my vinyl rip, which was the first needle drop of my copy.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.08.2009, 03:31 PM   #64
guitarpro
100%

guitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's asses
I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow but I'm not sure how I feel about this one yet but I'm sure it will grow on me.
Old 06.08.2009, 06:01 PM   #65
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
wow, i live in the US and preordered the album thru Matador sounds like alot of folks got their copy still haven't gotten mine yet... am i one of the few? not a big deal i'm not worried. though i did get an email that it shipped last week... weird.
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.08.2009, 06:52 PM   #66
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
I don't have mine yet either (live in the Netherlands), but I've seen it in the stores already since last week.

I guess mine was somewhat delayed, because I got an email from Matador saying they had made a mistake in calculating shipping costs and needed to charge 7$ extra. Then I got another email saying they weren't going to charge that 7$ after all and then another one stating that it had shipped.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.08.2009, 07:01 PM   #67
eternal
bad moon rising

eternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asses
i got an email a week ago saying mine was shipped and still havent gotten it (i live like 10 mins away from toronto too)
and then i just got another email saying that they fucked up and didnt press enough vinyls? i wonder if my order even got shipped to begin with now...
eternal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.08.2009, 07:26 PM   #68
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
here is the email i got

Dear Customer,
If you've already gotten your Sonic Youth "The Eternal" LP, hope you're enjoying it and please disregard this email.

If you have yet to get your lp, our deep apologies. We hope to send the rest of the orders on Friday but our plant shorted us, so we couldn't. We hoped to send them today but as it turns out they're not even getting here until tomorrow morning, obviously the street date. We're really disappointed about this as we're sure you are. Hopefully to make up for some of the wait, here is a digital version of the album a little bit early. Hope you enjoy it. We'll be sending your lps out tomorrow as soon as they come in.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.
Take care,
Matador Records

and haven't gotten it yet
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2009, 01:24 AM   #69
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
Got my vinyl yesterday... it was worth the wait, what a sexy package... it smells gorgeous too.

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2009, 02:50 AM   #70
EvdWee
100%

EvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
I don't have mine yet either (live in the Netherlands), but I've seen it in the stores already since last week.

I guess mine was somewhat delayed, because I got an email from Matador saying they had made a mistake in calculating shipping costs and needed to charge 7$ extra. Then I got another email saying they weren't going to charge that 7$ after all and then another one stating that it had shipped.
i ordered via rappard, he got that mail too. don't know if he got the second one as well...

my package arrived last saturday...
EvdWee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2009, 03:40 AM   #71
gwfb
empty page

gwfb kicks all y'all's assesgwfb kicks all y'all's assesgwfb kicks all y'all's assesgwfb kicks all y'all's assesgwfb kicks all y'all's assesgwfb kicks all y'all's assesgwfb kicks all y'all's assesgwfb kicks all y'all's assesgwfb kicks all y'all's assesgwfb kicks all y'all's assesgwfb kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantophobia
here is the email i got

Dear Customer,
If you've already gotten your Sonic Youth "The Eternal" LP, hope you're enjoying it and please disregard this email.

If you have yet to get your lp, our deep apologies. We hope to send the rest of the orders on Friday but our plant shorted us, so we couldn't. We hoped to send them today but as it turns out they're not even getting here until tomorrow morning, obviously the street date. We're really disappointed about this as we're sure you are. Hopefully to make up for some of the wait, here is a digital version of the album a little bit early. Hope you enjoy it. We'll be sending your lps out tomorrow as soon as they come in.

Take care,
Matador Records

I 've got this same message, i hope it's a mass mailing....
Old 06.09.2009, 08:19 AM   #72
a-p a. niemi
the destroyed room

a-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's asses
Just got it, the 2LP version.
Damn if it ain't a one awesome package, love the Sensational Fix poster + Battery Park LP.
Old 06.09.2009, 10:40 AM   #73
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
FUCK!!!! I might have just gotten gyped out of the poster/live extras because of my goddamn record store. I can't pick up the stuff until next Wednesday and they said they'd *try* to hold it for me but it's a lot of inventory so I'll just have to see what happens.
Old 06.09.2009, 10:55 AM   #74
nancykitten
children of satan

nancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's assesnancykitten kicks all y'all's asses
What's up with the hissing on the eternal? It's not super irritating or anything, but you can really notice it in the quiet parts (the beginning of What We Know, for example). Surely the hissing is easy to remove on protools but perhaps they like it?

The hissing of summer lawns? I could drink a case of ya.

nancykitten is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2009, 12:17 PM   #75
cdollaz
little trouble girl

cdollaz kicks all y'all's assescdollaz kicks all y'all's assescdollaz kicks all y'all's assescdollaz kicks all y'all's assescdollaz kicks all y'all's assescdollaz kicks all y'all's assescdollaz kicks all y'all's assescdollaz kicks all y'all's assescdollaz kicks all y'all's assescdollaz kicks all y'all's assescdollaz kicks all y'all's asses
Battery Park LP = shitty packaging.
cdollaz is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2009, 12:18 PM   #76
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdollaz
very
Old 06.09.2009, 12:19 PM   #77
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdollaz

cheap maybe. But that cover is gorgeous.
Old 06.09.2009, 12:21 PM   #78
sonik life
empty page

sonik life has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Mine arrived in the UK today!
Old 06.09.2009, 12:35 PM   #79
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantophobia
here is the email i got

Dear Customer,

Take care,
Matador Records

I got that too, but I also got an email saying it shipped on thursday
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.09.2009, 01:02 PM   #80
cdollaz
little trouble girl

cdollaz kicks all y'all's assescdollaz kicks all y'all's assescdollaz kicks all y'all's assescdollaz kicks all y'all's assescdollaz kicks all y'all's assescdollaz kicks all y'all's assescdollaz kicks all y'all's assescdollaz kicks all y'all's assescdollaz kicks all y'all's assescdollaz kicks all y'all's assescdollaz kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
cheap maybe. But that cover is gorgeous.
Yeah, it's nice picture, but if I knew I was going to get a folded over piece of card stock with a picture on it, I would have passed. I was expecting something nice. At least a normal LP sleeve that would hold the disc. If you are going to do something, at least do it right.
cdollaz is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth