Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page LOST is nearly over, thank fuck
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.20.2010, 05:19 AM   #1
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
the 2 1/2 hour finale is on sunday. so us in the uk can stream it sunday night.

all i can say thank fuck this travesty has finished. and we will finally find out what the conclusion to the whole bullshit christian garden of eden plot is. ive watched every episode since the pilot either when it was broadcast here on a stream or torrent of the US broadcast, and im so happy it will finally be over.

if the finale was just 2 hours of charlie getting stuck in a time loop were he died over and over i would be happy.

people who worked on the show answered a questionarre about the last 5 episodes and rated each one. they all got an average in the 8s and 9s, but the finale got an average of 9.3 so it would seem it will be quite decent.

its just got so annoying. jin and sun deciding to die together BECAUSE THEY ARE SO IN LOVE! yeah whatever, the nuclear family is so great. fuck you.

illana dying like that was so stupid. i liked evil ben/smoke lockes time together in the last episode.

but the fact they have made it into this whole boring semi garden of eden biblical crap is just lame. i dont care about jacob and his bad cgi smoke monster bro. sometimes you feel you are watching a really great show, like the start of the scene on the submarine with the bomb. but then the horrible writing, music, characters and acting get in the way.

oh well.

if you dont watch it and are thinking of getting all the dvds or a torrent and watching it from the beginning i'd say don't bother. apart from some good episodes its mostly just gonna frustrate you. not worth the time. still one of the best shows on US tv which isn't saying much.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2010, 05:27 AM   #2
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Never seen a single frame of this show, and don't know anyone in real life that watches it. I read once that it was like "Twin Peaks meets the X-Files -- on an island!" Um. Okay.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2010, 06:04 AM   #3
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
I saw an episode or two and quickly deduced its worthlessness. I think it was during this part with a clock and a button and if the button didn't get pressed then something would happen, like a nuclear explosion.

It was a shitty and obvious suspense-building plot device.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2010, 06:06 AM   #4
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
yep.

towards the end of the third season something fucked up with the execs and they didn't know how many more episodes they were going to get, but they had to finish the season, and so resorted to making episodes were absolutely nothing happened to further the plot in anyway. basically filler. from then on it was crap.

and the whole explanation for the butoon in the end was "its just a joke". yeah lol.

i know if you were to really get into it and pay close attention and think about whats going on it could be a great show. but i cant, because i just do not give a shit about any of these characters. its such a squandered oppurtunity. a major network show with a massive budget and 6 seasons of weird interesting drama... but i just dont give a shit anymore about any of the characters or what happens to them. they are all so unrealistic and wooden. you never get shit on tv prepared to take the kind of risks this show does, so its a real shame.
Old 05.20.2010, 06:21 AM   #5
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
I bet the butler did it.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2010, 07:06 AM   #6
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
ha1 i oove it and im not afraid to admit it. ive watched every episode since it started and will watch the rest of them. ive noticed that people who say "stupid show, or i hate that shit" dont actually watch it! you dont like it , fine! personally, im hooked!

no spoilers please!
Old 05.20.2010, 07:23 AM   #7
ni'k
invito al cielo

http://www.buzzfeed.com/briand4/lost...ked-video-1abw

massive spoiler
Old 05.20.2010, 07:51 AM   #8
ink.
the end of the ugly

ink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's asses
never watched an episode. could not care less.
ink. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2010, 08:11 AM   #9
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
I still think it's a stellar show. Sure there have been some missteps along the way, but what show doesn't have that? I'm glad it's ending too, but in the way of it ending on a good note, compared to dissolving into absurdity.

I don't see why you're so upset about the light thing. You've heard about it since early season one, and even saw it at the end of season four. But I kind of agree about Sun and Jin, bit of an eye roller there. Three boat explosions was just one too many for Jin I guess.

I also don't get why you would say the Swan Station button was just a joke, it was pretty well illustrated that it definitely was not a joke.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2010, 08:15 AM   #10
ni'k
invito al cielo

did ben not say it was just a joke.

im sure you're right. i just don't pay enough attention anymore.

the light/dark thing is just cheap morality crap. boring. worst way to end it imo.
Old 05.20.2010, 09:06 AM   #11
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
He did say that, but for what reason it's not clear, it's one of those bad inconsistencies about the show. Because at the end of the season when they didn't press the button the Island almost collapsed in on itself. Desmond's not pushing of the button caused the plane to crash even.

I can see where you're coming from though. They've certainly simplified alot of things we originally guessed would have extremely complex answers. I still think alot of the themes that made the show interesting are still present, but the show probably won't end as densely as I would've preferred.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2010, 10:16 AM   #12
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
I watched until the second season, and then was over it pretty quick.

I hope JJ Abrams does more movies, I loved Star Trek.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2010, 10:52 AM   #13
space
expwy. to yr skull

space kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
I watched until the second season, and then was over it pretty quick.

^^^ this. I know a few people who were into it, but I just couldn't get beyond season two due to time restraints, and....just not caring.

I'd rather re-watch every episode of Twin Peaks and the X-files, if I'm going to devote my time to something like that.
space is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2010, 11:47 AM   #14
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Why do people make such a big deal about this JJ Abrams guy? The only thing of his I've seen was Cloverfield and that was a pile of shit.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2010, 12:17 PM   #15
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
Are they still stranded on that island? Wasn't that the original premise? I haven't owned a tv for years, I have no idea of what's this shit about.
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2010, 12:19 PM   #16
ni'k
invito al cielo

they have been stranded for 6 years and also 1 year back in the 70's cos they travelled back in time. i know how awesome that sounds but believe me this show manages to make it boring.
Old 05.20.2010, 01:20 PM   #17
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i've never watched it, never been interested in it, it looks like those survivors reality shows, and i'm not crazy about j j abrams though his star trek was alright.

sounds like the tv equivalent of your friends-- something you're stuck with it
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2010, 03:12 PM   #18
infinitemusic
the destroyed room

infinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i've never watched it, never been interested in it, it looks like those survivors reality shows, and i'm not crazy about j j abrams though his star trek was alright.

sounds like the tv equivalent of your friends-- something you're stuck with it

Well it's definitely not at all like a survivor reality show. Might wanna watch it before forming an opinion.

I used to watch it when I was in high school, but they fucking refused to reveal anything interesting so I gave up on it and never went back. I'm actually really surprised it's still going.
infinitemusic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2010, 04:01 PM   #19
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
Watched the first and secon seasons. Tried to get back in later and could not figure out what the fuck was going on.
SonikJesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2010, 04:05 PM   #20
automatic bzooty
invito al cielo

automatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's asses
yay i don't have to hear about it (as much) any more yay
automatic bzooty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth