Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Pavement Reunion?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.06.2008, 05:04 PM   #81
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
conversely, the second time I saw Dinosaur my friend was trying to crowd surf but all the static head nodding hipsters wouldn't let him
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.06.2008, 05:08 PM   #82
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
I condone and encourage moving. I hate standing flat-footed or sitting at a show. But, moshing and slam-dancing just because you got free tickets and feel like getting hammered and throwing yourself around like a jackass because you've never heard the band in your life and shouting "Free Bird!!!!" whenever Lou asked for encore suggestions, is a completely different situation. People that go just to do that should be put against a wall and shot. No questions asked.
Old 03.06.2008, 05:23 PM   #83
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
agreed
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.06.2008, 05:44 PM   #84
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCreep
I don't see a Television influence in their sound either.

Even in the "approximative" singing ?
Old 03.06.2008, 06:02 PM   #85
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
i'm not joking to please people. sorry, that's just how i am, like it or not. it's not an act, i AM conceited and pretentious and i don't take shit from 22 year old virgins.
Look at ME guys.
I have ATTITUDE!
I also have a photo album of 10000000000000 different photos of me because I have so much attitude, that it must be expressed in photographic form for it to be contained in this universe.
FUCK THAAA PO-LEESE
Old 03.06.2008, 07:00 PM   #86
Green_mind
the end of the ugly

Green_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
I condone and encourage moving. I hate standing flat-footed or sitting at a show. But, moshing and slam-dancing just because you got free tickets and feel like getting hammered and throwing yourself around like a jackass because you've never heard the band in your life and shouting "Free Bird!!!!" whenever Lou asked for encore suggestions, is a completely different situation. People that go just to do that should be put against a wall and shot. No questions asked.

bloody hell, zero tolerance approach!
Pavement reunion would be decent and I bet £75 could get ya a decent hotel in London.
Green_mind is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.06.2008, 07:19 PM   #87
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_mind
bloody hell, zero tolerance approach!
Pavement reunion would be decent and I bet £75 could get ya a decent hotel in London.

I have zero tolerance for "Free Bird".
Old 03.06.2008, 07:54 PM   #88
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
I like reunions. It gives me a chance to see a band that I would have never got to see otherwise.

sorry but have you seen a band reunited that was exactly the way they used to be when they kicked ass?

hardly any reunion is a good one. i saw dinosaur jr's reunion, that's by far the best one and their album is a steaming pile of mediocrity.

at best we get cover bands with the dudes who actually wrote and recorded the songs. at best.

ohh and by the way spectral and zero: it's people like you the reason i hated pavement for more than ten years.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2008, 12:18 AM   #89
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
How am I to know how awesome the original incarnation was when I never got to experience it? I've been to two reunion shows: The Pixies and Gang of Four. Both bands rocked, and I had a good time.

I haven't seen the reunited Mission of Burma, but based on The Obliterrati and ONOFFON, I'd say they are something more than a glorified cover band.

Why did people like me make you hate Pavement?

What kind of person am I? I'd like to know. I don't think they are the best band ever, nor do I think that everyone has to like them. My responses to Cantankerous are driven by her attitude, not her opinions.

I think Blink 182 is a god-awful band, but if some people who liked them were talking about them possibly getting back together, I wouldn't say "please God no, I hate them with every fibre of my being." That's called being a pretentious cunt.

Also, why does a reunited band have to be exactly the same?
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2008, 01:26 AM   #90
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
My responses to Cantankerous are driven by her attitude, not her opinions.

Ditto. People can hate whoever they like, but Cantanky is just being really annoying about this.
Old 03.07.2008, 02:07 AM   #91
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
what about those Mets?
Old 03.07.2008, 09:56 AM   #92
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
pavement is better than nirvana

time will tell

dinosaur jr reunion blew the roof off the joint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03.07.2008, 02:47 PM   #93
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
pavement is better than nirvana

time will tell

dinosaur jr reunion blew the roof off the joint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What have Nirvana got to do with Pavement, anyway? And they kicked Pavemen'ts arse left, right and centre even if they have a shorter discography. Live alone Nirvana were WAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than Pavement. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2008, 03:03 PM   #94
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I saw pavement during the slanted & enchanted tour and I saw Nirvana during the nevermind years. both were great in their way, but I love the resplendent chaos of early pavement shows!

at least pavement never did no PUSSY ASS unplugged folk shit!
Old 03.07.2008, 03:08 PM   #95
sarramkrop

Quote:
I saw pavement during the slanted & enchanted tour and I saw Nirvana during the nevermind years. both were great in their way, but I love the resplendent chaos of early pavement shows!

Dude, I saw early Pavement supporting Sonic Youth and they were complete shite, the most boring and forcedly shambolic band ever. Admittedly, like I've posted earlier, the last gig of theirs that I've attended was much better and I've really enjoyed myself. If they didn't exist I wouldn't invent them, though.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2008, 03:09 PM   #96
sarramkrop

Quote:

What's this meant to mean, Robocock?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2008, 03:13 PM   #97
█████████
expwy. to yr skull

█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses
eh... i have never heard pavement.
█████████ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2008, 03:18 PM   #98
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
What's this meant to mean, Robocock?

it means Nirvana UNPLUGGED is boring and over-rated!!!!!
Old 03.07.2008, 03:20 PM   #99
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Dude, I saw early Pavement supporting Sonic Youth and they were complete shite, the most boring and forcedly shambolic band ever. Admittedly, like I've posted earlier, the last gig of theirs that I've attended was much better and I've really enjoyed myself. If they didn't exist I wouldn't invent them, though.

what exactly was "forcedly shambolic?" That shit was so great!
Old 03.07.2008, 03:32 PM   #100
sarramkrop

Quote:
what exactly was "forcedly shambolic?" That shit was so great!

They totally acted like they were trying to appear and sound quirky, weird and fucked up, when in fact they came across as more than a bit irritating. I love chaos and all the things above when a band can't help but being that way, but with Pavement seemed to me like some rich kids playing at pissing off their parents with the very instruments that were bought for them. And I really, really can't figure out Malkmus at all. Not at all.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth