Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page What bands do you have connections to?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.11.2008, 09:28 AM   #81
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
ive been in touch regulary with todd trainer and peter nolan by email if that counts??????

and steve shelley recognized my name from the forum..........
Old 02.11.2008, 11:13 AM   #82
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
I once smiled at the young ladies from Girls Aloud when the people carrier that was carrying them parked behind my car at a petrol filling station on the M4.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.11.2008, 11:41 PM   #83
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by su x*
so if i sleep with you its like i did nirvana too

Absolutely, wanna cyber?

meanwhile, I forgot Mark Hosler of Negativland, who I used to hang with a fair amount, and Elliott Sharp who stayed in my apartment in Oly when I put on a show for him (actually kind of a disaster in terms of attendence, so I don't think he'd speak very highly of me if he remembers...)
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.12.2008, 11:58 AM   #84
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air
Absolutely, wanna cyber?

meanwhile, I forgot Mark Hosler of Negativland, who I used to hang with a fair amount....

wow! ultimate respect! you ever met david wills? id love to meet the weatherman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02.13.2008, 04:54 AM   #85
therealglenstyler
stalker

therealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard sucka
I got my photo taken with alec empire and have met all of the bangles.
therealglenstyler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2008, 01:58 PM   #86
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
I have connections to quite a few over the past several years since volunteering at a local non for profit venue and playing in a band myself:

Mouthus (great guys)
Pengo (fellow like-minded music collegues from upstate new york)
MV & EE (Erika and Matt r cool folks!)
Magik Markers (pete and elisa super nice people, elisa bought me a piece of cake for my b-day a couple of years ago)
Six Organs of Admittance (ben, a swell guy)
Gown (though never met andrew, we've emailed...)
Chris Corsano (best drummer in the biz, super cool man along with Bill Nace)
Steve Baczkowski (sax player from practically my neighborhood, played with Corsano... great guy)
Rhys Chatham (another super great guy who gave me the opportunity to play in his expanded Guitar Trio which has turned out to be part of a recording to be released in March!)
Tony Conrad (another infamous dude from my town, my friend was his teaching assistant and co-worker)

and probably more that i can't remember right now and i don't want to name drop further...
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2008, 02:29 PM   #87
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott v
I have connections to quite a few over the past several years since volunteering at a local non for profit venue and playing in a band myself:

Mouthus (great guys)
Pengo (fellow like-minded music collegues from upstate new york)
Six Organs of Admittance (ben, a swell guy)
Rhys Chatham (another super great guy who gave me the opportunity to play in his expanded Guitar Trio which has turned out to be part of a recording to be released in March!)
Tony Conrad (another infamous dude from my town, my friend was his teaching assistant and co-worker)

I'm impressed.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2008, 02:57 PM   #88
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
agreed.

haha...as if being associated wih a band means anything.

IVE FUCKED COURTNEY LOVE AND EATIN SHIT FROM TOM SMITH"S WIENER AFTER HE SODOMIZED ONI FROM AFRIRAMPO!!!!

who cares....

HZAHAHAHAHAHAH
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2008, 06:56 PM   #89
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
i dated the drummer of dellilah

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2008, 10:26 PM   #90
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
wow! ultimate respect! you ever met david wills? id love to meet the weatherman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O.k., this was a really weird story.

I was sitting in the Ribeye, which is a redneck independently owned Denny's type place in East Olympia, almost Lacey, that's actually a damn fine greasy spoon (way better than Denny's and all that corporate shit). And I was ready Wired and there was this article about the future of intellectual property laws where they asked several "celebrities" in the "field" what they thought. I was reading Negativland's answer and when I looked up, there was Mark at a table across from mine with a couple other dudes.

I HAD to show him that I happened to be reading about him at that very moment, and he introduces me to David AKA the Weatherman who he'd just brought in from the airport for a visit. So, yeah, I met him, but he was incredibly quiet (Mark's not he's got a major mouth), so I can't say I feel like I know him at all.

Still, it made the whole experience that much weirder that there were two members of Negativland when I was reading that about them, because that was virtually the only time anyone else from the band visited Mark the whole time he lived in Oly (aside from when they played the 2nd or 3rd Yo Yo a Go Go, and I hung out a bit with them then too, I was sitting having lunch with them in a Japanese restraunt downtown and Jean from Mecca Normal walked up to say hi to them and said to me, "Oh, are you in Negativland too? No, wait, you can't be, you're too relaxed.")
Old 02.14.2008, 12:05 AM   #91
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
O.k., this was a really weird story.

I was sitting in the Ribeye, which is a redneck independently owned Denny's type place in East Olympia, almost Lacey, that's actually a damn fine greasy spoon (way better than Denny's and all that corporate shit). And I was ready Wired and there was this article about the future of intellectual property laws where they asked several "celebrities" in the "field" what they thought. I was reading Negativland's answer and when I looked up, there was Mark at a table across from mine with a couple other dudes.

I HAD to show him that I happened to be reading about him at that very moment, and he introduces me to David AKA the Weatherman who he'd just brought in from the airport for a visit. So, yeah, I met him, but he was incredibly quiet (Mark's not he's got a major mouth), so I can't say I feel like I know him at all.

Still, it made the whole experience that much weirder that there were two members of Negativland when I was reading that about them, because that was virtually the only time anyone else from the band visited Mark the whole time he lived in Oly (aside from when they played the 2nd or 3rd Yo Yo a Go Go, and I hung out a bit with them then too, I was sitting having lunch with them in a Japanese restraunt downtown and Jean from Mecca Normal walked up to say hi to them and said to me, "Oh, are you in Negativland too? No, wait, you can't be, you're too relaxed.")

you know jenna, too!? damn you're my hero.

yeah, i work for denny's and they're more horrible to work for than to eat there.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2008, 04:15 AM   #92
su x*
bad moon rising

su x* kicks all y'all's assessu x* kicks all y'all's assessu x* kicks all y'all's assessu x* kicks all y'all's assessu x* kicks all y'all's assessu x* kicks all y'all's assessu x* kicks all y'all's assessu x* kicks all y'all's assessu x* kicks all y'all's assessu x* kicks all y'all's assessu x* kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Absolutely, wanna cyber?

meanwhile, I forgot Mark Hosler of Negativland, who I used to hang with a fair amount, and Elliott Sharp who stayed in my apartment in Oly when I put on a show for him (actually kind of a disaster in terms of attendence, so I don't think he'd speak very highly of me if he remembers...)
i dont believe a word you said

but damn it got me excited,

cyber it is then
su x* is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2008, 08:39 PM   #94
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhler
you know jenna, too!? damn you're my hero.

yeah, i work for denny's and they're more horrible to work for than to eat there.

No, I said I was introduced to him by Mark, not that I can really claim to know him. If Mark pointed at me and said, he's the guy that was in that restaurant in Olympia that used to have long hair, then I suppose he might remember...

I worked for Denny's for many stoner years in the '80s (for another brush with fame, I bussed the table for Brian "the Boz" Bosworth at the now non-existent Kirkland Denny's when he'd just signed with the Seahawks (where he did absolutely nothing and got richer!). They were horrible to work for then too. I've had many better jobs since, so hang in there and spend your time off looking.
Old 06.04.2009, 08:55 AM   #95
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Friend who shared flat with Diamanda Galas

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2009, 08:57 AM   #96
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
I once met a bloke at a bar at a festival who spoke to Aphex Twin's dad on a beach in Cyprus...... I'll get my coat....

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2009, 09:11 AM   #97
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I'm connected with ICP.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2009, 09:18 AM   #98
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
I wouldn't go around telling people that.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2009, 09:19 AM   #99
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
In all seriousness, I have met the fat clown. Whatever his name is. I was friends with a guy when we were 15 who was huge into them and uh.... yeah. That's all I'm saying.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2009, 09:26 AM   #100
automatic bzooty
invito al cielo

automatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's asses
i, uhhhhh, saw who i think may have been mick collins in a record shop.

whoopdedoooo
automatic bzooty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth