Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Pre Show Music (stubb's Austin)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.19.2007, 12:59 PM   #1
sardonicyouth
empty page

sardonicyouth has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I know this is a random ass impossible question. But....let's try.

Before the show in Austin about 3 weeks ao, as the youth were warming up, there was some really nice music playing. I don't if this is hand-picked or Stubb's own music...sounded pretty obscure so, maybe Youth.

Anyway, here's a description of one of the songs I am trying to figure out.

Heavy. Funky. Sounded like something from the 70s. Hard rock, mixed with Mo Town esque drums and bass. It was powerful with a great groove to it.

I immediately thought Mc-5...but I listened to some of their stuff and it wasn't as funky and in the groove as what I was hearing....

So, yeah, I have no idea what it was, but I really liked it. I may never find out....My only hope is if anyone was there and heard what was being played and actually knew what that song was. Or if anyone knows what Sonic Youth prefers to have playing on the system as they are setting up, if they have a say in that at all.

sardonicyouth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.19.2007, 01:00 PM   #2
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Maybe it was Kilslug?
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.19.2007, 02:23 PM   #3
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
It was probably Tokio Hotel?
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth