Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Bitch about things you are pissed off about II
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.18.2013, 09:54 AM   #821
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
What if death itself used that same logic on us?
who is this death itself and where does he live? i'd like to have a word with the little fucker.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2013, 09:59 AM   #822
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
who is this death itself and where does he live? i'd like to have a word with the little fucker.

You can think of the concept of death as being synonymous with evolutionary "selection" and it can still be an impersonal non-entity and yet also have personified aspects. Death, even in the abstract sense, most definitely can be ascribed a personality, even if it is not a person.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2013, 10:53 AM   #823
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
personification is the bane of human existence.
Old 10.18.2013, 12:36 PM   #824
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
personification is the bane of human existence.

Isn't the opposite true? Personification is a way of translating natural concepts and occurrences into concepts which human thinking and experience can readily understand. Humans think in terms of relationships, and we have relationships even if inanimate things such as objects or events, so if we personify them to better understand isn't this beneficial? For example, people often talk about "evolution" as if selection was a person or had a thought out plan. Its preposterous I know, selection is totally randomized, it is quite literally the underlying math of genetics and biodiversity, however, if think of these concepts in personified terms, it helps us understand the net result.

Old 10.18.2013, 02:45 PM   #825
tesla69
invito al cielo

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Top futurists like Ray Kurzweil have confidently predicted that by 2029, computers and cellphones will be implanted in people’s eyes and ears, creating a “human underclass” of people who refuse to adopt the technology that will be viewed as backwards and unproductive because of their resistance to embracing the singularity – man merging with machine.
from infowars.com
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2013, 02:49 PM   #826
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
we have relationships even if inanimate things such as objects

man, i think that's sick! but it's a free planet.
Old 10.18.2013, 02:51 PM   #827
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
Top futurists like Ray Kurzweil have confidently predicted that by 2029, computers and cellphones will be implanted in people’s eyes and ears, creating a “human underclass” of people who refuse to adopt the technology that will be viewed as backwards and unproductive because of their resistance to embracing the singularity – man merging with machine.
from infowars.com

you need a futurist to predict that? srsly?

this just in: sunrise tomorrow
Old 10.18.2013, 03:20 PM   #828
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
you need a futurist to predict that? srsly?

I think that's a bunch of Ray Bradbury bullshit. People are not inherently smart enough as a whole to pull it off. Further, I disagree with it being an even remotely good idea to have the internet and computers attached to the eyes or brain. The eyes look at things that don't always warrant a google search, the brain thinks thoughts that we probably don't want to store in our coookies folder. What about glitches? User error? In other words, people are too human to make that a success. I think its more of a wetdream of tech geeks rather than anything bordering on realistic. When I was in elementary school they talked about flying cars and cold fusion by the 2010s as well, how did that pan out exactly?

Quote:

this just in: sunrise tomorrow

Are you really so sure about that?Nothing is guaranteed for anything or anyone.

Old 10.19.2013, 10:12 AM   #830
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
shit. it was around 3 people and now the more i think about it, the number grows. it was 3 people and that is far too many for me, that today i would really want to have the chance to tell them a nice, clear, big 'fuck off'.

*obviously thats bad mood talking, but really its their fault for being disappointing and boring.
Nefeli is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.19.2013, 01:34 PM   #831
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I think that's a bunch of Ray Bradbury bullshit. People are not inherently smart enough as a whole to pull it off. Further, I disagree with it being an even remotely good idea to have the internet and computers attached to the eyes or brain. The eyes look at things that don't always warrant a google search, the brain thinks thoughts that we probably don't want to store in our coookies folder. What about glitches? User error? In other words, people are too human to make that a success. I think its more of a wetdream of tech geeks rather than anything bordering on realistic. When I was in elementary school they talked about flying cars and cold fusion by the 2010s as well, how did that pan out exactly?

Are you really so sure about that?Nothing is guaranteed for anything or anyone.

Fusion exists in oxford japan france south korea the usa and many many other places. Recently in the USA they produced more energy than the entire country uses in a day in a short burst. ITER in france intends to have commercial fusion within decades. We have already done fusion again and again and its only a matter of a few specific and imminently solvable engineering problems until commercial reactors are available in a country near you. They will be able to power an entire nation for a fraction of a fraction of the cost we spend now.

Flying cars are also on the way but prob not before commercial fusion.

Frankly I am not impressed with your attitude when it comes to these things.

You are still fantasizing that the external world is a manifestation of us/god and we can escape existing in it.

You can google images of human thoughts. We have images of actual thoughts forming in the brain from a scann. We have scanned footage of conscious perception and you can look that up too. Science is closing in fast and theres not going to be a lot of room left for your attitude.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.19.2013, 01:36 PM   #832
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses

A good description of life itself which also emphasises the need for more science and technology
Old 10.19.2013, 01:45 PM   #833
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:

You are still fantasizing that the external world is a manifestation of us/god and we can escape existing in it.Science is closing in fast and theres not going to be a lot of room left for your attitude.

No, quite the opposite, we live in the external world, how could we possibly escape it? I think that all these tech nerd fantasies are the victims of escapism. About these "scientists" I think Sarah Connor said it best..

Quote:
Fucking men like you built the hydrogen bomb. Men like you thought it up. You think you're so creative. You don't know what it's like to really create something; to create a life; to feel it growing inside you. All you know how to create is death...

Old 10.19.2013, 01:53 PM   #834
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i'm waiting for siri to take telepathic orders and actually be able to figure shit out. it will happen.

"get me to bermuda for a week with a total budget of X excluding meals". still waiting for my flying car though.
Old 10.19.2013, 02:22 PM   #835
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Sighs. People can't even handle the responsibilities of owning existing technologies without seriously hurting themselves or outright killing other people, on accident no less! Again, user error means we should want to be less technologically enabled doesn't it? Besides, my computer fucks up all the time. I couldn't imagine what I would do if it were attached to my brain!! Cars crash all the time, what the fuck would we do if they start dropping out of the fucking sky every time somebody gets a flat or into a fender bender?? Lord have His mercy

Old 10.19.2013, 02:27 PM   #836
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
No, quite the opposite, we live in the external world, how could we possibly escape it? I think that all these tech nerd fantasies are the victims of escapism. About these "scientists" I think Sarah Connor said it best..

But that quote can also be applied to women. And when you say tech nerd fantasies as if to imply the things I just posted are merely that, you are being disingenuous. These tech nerds will do more to liberate humanity from hunger and darkness than your religion will and that is a fact .

You are displaying a really regressive conservative attitude when it comes to this stuff.
Old 10.19.2013, 02:48 PM   #837
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:

You are displaying a really regressive conservative attitude when it comes to this stuff.

When it comes to absurd technologies, you can call me Amish for all I care. I'm being more realistic than y'all are admitting, but simply put, average people aren't anywhere near responsible enough for the technology we have, let alone these sci-fi pulp fantasies of "the future". For science minded folks, it seem y'all aren't exactly thinking this one through

Old 10.19.2013, 03:39 PM   #838
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Sighs.
sigh all you want, i need a secretary that doesn't require a full salary and benefits. siri right now takes dictation and sends emails but doesn't quite know how to solve problems.

Quote:
Lord have His mercy

yes yes, he can have it-- all to himself.

btw, do you do an impression of a little old lady when you say that? i think it's kind of hilarious and i can't imagine it otherwise.

Quote:
When it comes to absurd technologies, you can call me Amish for all I care.

so you ride a horse buggy through the LA freeways?
Old 10.19.2013, 03:49 PM   #839
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
When it comes to absurd technologies, you can call me Amish for all I care. I'm being more realistic than y'all are admitting, but simply put, average people aren't anywhere near responsible enough for the technology we have, let alone these sci-fi pulp fantasies of "the future". For science minded folks, it seem y'all aren't exactly thinking this one through

Ignorant gibberish, swallow thy pride.
Old 10.19.2013, 04:01 PM   #840
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Ignorant gibberish, swallow thy pride.
He doesn't use computers, he posts on the Internet by means of the Holy Spirit
394041 42 4344455292142 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth